The Cambridge Diet Support Thread

Hello -- I'm doing something similar to this -- is it ok if I hang around?

A friend is doing Lighter Life, but at £70 a week I can't afford that so had a look around the internet and found the Kee diet which is very similar. I then had another look around and found avidlite, which is basically the same products as the Kee diet but a bit cheaper...so at the moment I'm on 4 products a day - shake, soup, bar, shake for £25 a week.

The shakes are OK, I've got strawberry and chocolate, and the bars are yummy!!! But the soups I'm struggling with -- had to add loads of pepper to the vegetable one yesterday because it really was rank, lol.

Still, this is day 3 and I'm already 4 pounds down, yay!

The plan I'm doing is like the Kee Total plan, which I think is like SS -- a total meal replacement plan? I chose this becasue my BMI was higher than 30 (have lots to losel lol) and I have such messed up eating habits a total break from eating will enable me to be re-educated, hopefully :)

Welcome allstars :) I remember seeing avidlite on the net once but was put off by the limited choice but still, can't go wrong for only £25 a week! 4lbs so far is fab, well done.

What's SS+?

I'm going to reintroduce a healthy, low carb evening meal from Monday as I hate not eating anything and I really miss it :(

SS+ is 3 shakes plus a 200kcal meal of chicken or fish with veg or salad, basically just what you are going to start doing on Mon. Im the same, I just miss eating

Hi girls not really updated on here since I said I was going to start due to some family things not had chance.I weighed on Monday and lost 10lb in a week so was so impressed!But I was naughty and weighed myself today and have not lost anything since,but OH says I look like I have lost weight,is it possible to loose inches and not lbs or if you lose inches do you have to loose lbs??If that makes sence!!ha!x

Well im proud today! Yesterday went out with the work lot and had to eat!...it wasn't even nice! But hey i still lost 3lb! :happydance: xx

yes its very possible to lose ins and not lbs! Thats why I'm going to go by how my clothes fit and not get too obsessed with numbers on the scale.

Well done Lady :D

Im off the diet :cry: My Dr phoned this afternoon and I had to go in and see her. She signed my form but had no idea what Cambridge diet was so she looked into it and has told me to stop. She is not happy with me being on such a low cal diet, I would need downgraded and would be unoperational. A few horror stories she either googled or read didnt help either :dohh: If I keep doint it it's a chargeable offence blah, blah ,blah. If im honest I was shocked she signed it in first place! im out RAF in Dec so ill be back in Aug when all my leave starts (hopefully)

Back to WW or SW, im not a happy bunny :nope:

I just spent £88 last night on 2wks supply :wacko: Good luck ladies! x

ETA: I lost 8lb in 5 days :happydance: will probs go straight back on now

Why don't you just do a different step?????????? Like step 2 or 3...you'll still lose weight but at a slightly slower rate and can still eat some foods too and not VLCD (very low calorie diet). How much do you have to lose? The doctors around here and even the hospital's weight loss clinic use Cambridge products (under a different name) for obese patients to lose weight:shrug:

oh wow thats unfortunate :( why don't you do celebrity slim hun? its the same really but you can buy them online or in the chemist if you have a rowlands near you.

oh no thats shit if youve just bought 2 weeks supply

ive just poas and it went the darkest purple ever normally its just a bit pink? ive drunk over 2l of water today too

im missing food so much today not hungry as such but really missing it

Louise, you NEED to drink MORE water!
Dark purple is NOT good!

I'm loving the water flavours..especially the berry one in hot water..mmmmmmmmmmmm!

My OH is on his 4th day today and he's doing great!

I'm actually finding this diet quite easy atm, and I can deff see results:happydance:

Hi to the new people! :wave:

Wish my OH would do it too but he's too greedy and has about 10 meals a day :rofl:

jac you're prob finding it easy cos you're seeing results and are motivated :hugs:

Okay I've decided to add a meal in from today :happydance: The main reason is because my delivery didn't come today or yesterday so I won't have any shakes for Monday morning :shrug: So I'm going to the shops today to stock up on lean meat like chicken, prawns and get lots of salad and veggies. Gonna have a stirfry tonight I think :D

i had a bad night last night i was so close to giving up im missing food so much these past few days :(

i find weekends a nightmare lol, i had some of my mums homemade bread and some home cooked ham and a tiny piece of her organic fruit cake :rofl: i deserved a tiny treat after an awful week, i'm totaly back on it now though 8 weeks till i go on holiday i really want to lose that 2 stone and i'm 2 lb off one of them :)

keep going everyone its so worth it :)

oh and a warning thursday morning 3am i was woken up with terible cystitis it was excruciating i drank 3 pints water straight down i sat on the loo 2hrs. i'll never not drink my water agaib lol

Ugh cysitis is horrid!

I've just had a prawn stirfry and omf it was delish :rofl: Best meal I've ever eaten!

I so cannot wait until next weekend! I officially break my diet for the day on saturday to go on the day/night out and I CANNOT WAIT! Be straight back on it on sunday though.:blush:

I'm on this week so not sure how thats going to affect my loss on monday, hope ive lost at least 2lbs though..:thumbup: Keeping my fingers crossed!

Louise I dont know how you girls can do SS, I couldnt do totally without food, I tried for a week and it had to be the worst week of my life:dohh:

OH is doing fantastically...I'm more excited about his weigh in than mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->