The Cambridge Diet Support Thread

Why don't you just do a different step?????????? Like step 2 or 3...you'll still lose weight but at a slightly slower rate and can still eat some foods too and not VLCD (very low calorie diet). How much do you have to lose? The doctors around here and even the hospital's weight loss clinic use Cambridge products (under a different name) for obese patients to lose weight:shrug:

I went back today and spoke my Dr again and took my book with me and im gonna go onto step 2. I want to lose 5st. I haven't found anything to say it is an NHS approved diet but I have read that it is used by other companies (maybe NHS) who add to the shake/soup mix and use them under a different name. My Dr's are RAF and dont have many obese patients

my doctor said its not nhs backed and he didn't
really want me on it as they prefer patients to go
to slimming world :shrug:

but i kinda lied to the woman and ill get a nicer
doctor to sign it :blush:

Yeah I have been reading about it and it's quite a contraversial diet. It was popular in the 80s then died out after some 'incidents' mainly due to people not following the programme correctly, then different Dr's and Professors came along and said various thing against the diet.

It has changed since then so dont anybody worry!

I can totally understand why doctors say no to it. If any of you came to serious harm, they'd get the finger pointed to them as they signed the form. That being said, it's no bloody good to people who want to shift weight :growlmad:

Yeah I agree it's they're neck on the line. My Dr has only agred to let me go back on this if I keep her up to date every few wks and visit the nurse weekly to make sure I am ok (feel like a child lol)

he wont let me do it because he wants me to go back on metformin for my pcos which is really bad at the min(1 af in 4 months) am going to go back and see about step 2 or something though im gutted :cry: if i start eating now my metabolism is going to be on the floor and ill gain all the weight back

:hugs: Maybe start eating on step 2/3 meals so the weight stays off, you should be ok hun

Am on day 7 now and only a 5 pound loss :( still, better than nothing I guess!!

Going to drop the bar for the next week as it's much higher carbs and apparently it slows down ketosis.

Wish my toe would hurry up and heal so I can exercise!! I don't do much (i'm far too lazy!) but surely a few star jumps and sit ups would help?! :)

far to many confessions on this thread over few days im going to do some serious ass kicking LOL

well done everyone for getting back to it

for all the people at your docs if u find a different doc in surgery they will sign your form, Louise your pcos will most likely improve with weight loss thats usually the case!

big hugs everyone

Lou
xxx

Lou, I am concerned that the bars are going to slow down my weightloss now/and or take me out of ketosisis:dohh:

whats the score with those?

Right, had an iffy week but I still lost 1lb!

So thats 65 and half lb lost in a year. I have to keep breaking it down to myself otherwise I lose enthusiasm lol.

How are you all getting on girls?

I have the bars Jac, but I know what you mean. The cranberry ones and the orange ones taste nice, too nice... makes you feel like your being naughty haha xx

hi ladies, im still waiting to join u all- 5weeks to go. Was thinking about starting at the gym...is it advisable or am i best waiting until i have lost the weight on the diet?

Lou, I am concerned that the bars are going to slow down my weightloss now/and or take me out of ketosisis:dohh:

whats the score with those?

From what I understand they are slightly higher in carbs than shakes and soups and for that reason you're not allowed more than 1 a day/7 a week (obviously). Once you're in established ketosis then they should be fine:happydance:. I've had quite a few now and they're good to carry around and slightly more sociable than a shake if you're sitting down to "lunch" with friends:winkwink: or out and about. You have to drink a bit more water with them as they're very concentrated and can make you a little thirsty. They're quite big too so you can always have half and eat the other half later:thumbup:.

The ones I've liked are ...
peanut (bit like a snickers)
cranberry (much nicer than I expected)
choc covered choc
choc covered orange (bit like those Fry's bars, the orange ones from years ago)

thought the toffee and the other one (is it caramel) were very salty tasting and smelt like Bisto:shrug::haha:

Jac even though they are slightly higher in carbs they will not slow you weight loss down...i was told that if you constipated they can make your constipation a little worse but apart from that you should be fine...i love them! :) x

i need a right kick up the arse lol, i cant stop bloody picking at things :hissy:
so wrote a list of reason why i want to get slim and i'm starting all over again tomorrow

1. i'm sick of going to the back of the rails to find clothes to wear looking for what fits rather than what i like.
2. i want to be healthier
3. i want to feel better.
4 i want to look slim on the beach for my hols
5. i'm sick of hating having my photo took..
could go on but thats the top few :thumbup:

I'm on day 8 now and haven't lost an ounce since day 3 -- that's 5 days! :(

Have been sticking to it completely, no cheats or anything...my water intake was a bit rubbish on day 6 but I'm back on track with that now. It's so disheartening :(

*sigh* sorry for the negativity girls, just feeling a bit sorry for myself today -- I was looking forward to being nearly a stone lighter by now -- my friend who started just before me lost 12 pounds in her first week!!

what step are you doing hunni.

i'm from derbyshire originally :)

I'm not doing the CD, but I've got total meal replacement products from Avidlite (it was cheaper haha!) so I have a shake for breakfast, soup for lunch, a shake for dinner and then a bar. And buckets of water. I'm thinking about cutting out the bar in case it's that, but I look forward to my bar, it's my favourite part lol :)

so if you cant get doctors signature can u stil go ahead with it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->