The 'chit chat' thread

It was greatly disappointing. We didn't meet my consultant but one of his colleagues. He didn't seem to have read my file before seeing me so I had to explained from the 1st miscarriage to the 2nd and what had happened. He said with the 2nd pregnancy, the course of actions they took was the general one that usually works, but of course there are exceptional cases like mine.

He said it is advisable to wait for at least 2-3 cycles before TTC again just to let the body settles itself. He didn't offer new options or results. I stared at him blankly and got a bit annoyed. I sort of like snapped at him and said "so what then? Trial and error on my babies?"

He excused himself to call my consultant who is his boss. Said I could make an appointment to see him in 2 weeks' time to discuss this matter in detail. I asked about transabdominal cerclage, which he asked his boss too. He said it isn't advisable for my case because though it isn't conclusive, my miscarriages were more cause by bacteria infection so with the abdominal thingy, should I get another bacteria infection, there wouldn't be anything they could do and it is much harder and slower to remove the stitches.

He also suggested an option that in my next pregnancy, he can see me starting at 8 weeks, do the antibiotics and Progesterone and weekly cervical scans but try to delay the stitch as late as possible to avoid introducing more bacteria. BUT with that said, I was already measuring 1.5cm cervical length with funneling in my 2nd pregnancy. I was only 12 weeks then!

I feel we have no options. NONE.

Hi Zoe, so sorry it didn`t go as well as you hoped.

i think you need to see the proper consultant, at least then he will have answers without having to refer to someone else and relaying answers back.

Don`t give up yet, there is always hope. See the other guy and then take it from there, i am sure there will be something they can do for you, don`t give up yet. Where there`s a will there`s a way.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hello all

I've got my appt for going to see consultant next week to find out why it takes us so long to conceive. It took over 2 years for DD and about 4 years for Samuel.

Just wondering if any of you ladies had been, and what kind of checks I can expect? I nearly had all of these checks done 8 years ago but found I was pg with DD the week before. Sadly not this time. Just got dreaded :witch:

Hope you are all ok.

love and hugs :hugs:

it took us 2 years to conceive Ailsa and I had bloods to check hormone levels which shows if you're ovulating and also had a scan to check my ovaries as well and DH had to do a sperm test and when they came back clear I had a lap & dye, under general anaesthetic they inject dye thru yr tubes and then watch it with a little camera they put thru yr belly button and this shows whether there is a clear path for egg and sperm.
Hope this helps hun x

Another friend recently gave birth and just posted a picture of her laundry day of baby clothes. I am REALLY jealous to the core!!! I really want a baby. Just one. I want to start trying again.

I WANT ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Another friend recently gave birth and just posted a picture of her laundry day of baby clothes. I am REALLY jealous to the core!!! I really want a baby. Just one. I want to start trying again.

You`ll get there. It`s so fustrating wanting something so much and not being able to get your hands on it, but it will happen.

when are you going to see the consultant again?

I want one too :(

Guys I am so sorry, I forgot my password and have had a nightmare resetting!! I am finally back, and will read through everything and start replying soon.. Missed you all xx

Guys I am so sorry, I forgot my password and have had a nightmare resetting!! I am finally back, and will read through everything and start replying soon.. Missed you all xx

Hi, how are you doing, it`s good to hear from you, it`s been very quiet in here lately.

Hi all,

It has been awhile. How's everyone doing? Anyone preggie yet?

My consultant isn't willing to go ahead with transabdominal cerclage (TAC) for me. He said he had discussed it with other doctors and majority consensus was that a TAC would do more harm than good in my case.

What do you all think? Should I give pregnancy another try? Do you think I am strong enough to face another pregnancy without assurance?

:shrug:

Hi all,

It has been awhile. How's everyone doing? Anyone preggie yet?

My consultant isn't willing to go ahead with transabdominal cerclage (TAC) for me. He said he had discussed it with other doctors and majority consensus was that a TAC would do more harm than good in my case.

What do you all think? Should I give pregnancy another try? Do you think I am strong enough to face another pregnancy without assurance?

:shrug:

Hi, sorry to hear things are not going to plan. the decision to try again can only be made by you and OH.

it is a very difficult decision to have to make. In a slightly different way it is the same for us, if we do manage to get PG again, there is a 1 in 2 chance we will lose it again.

To me, it is worth the risk. If I was you, i would keep trying until i got what i wanted, but that is me.

On a different note, i think I have a LP defect, seems to be only 9 days! I have started taking B6 and am seeing my doctor tomorrow and have a consultation with an acupuncturist in August.

there`s always something isn`t there?

Good luck in whatever you decide.:hugs:

:hi: miss Mitch and dancar!! :) I hope b6 is helpful for you, it worked for mine, went from 10 to 13. Good luck in August! I'm going to start going back for acu then too :), keep us posted on how it goes.

Zoe~ You are strong. :hugs: I can't help but wonder why they don't feel you're a candidate for a TAC. What is he suggesting for next time instead? Pregnancy after losses is scary and stressful, with or without assurance. It's a risk, yes, but so is everything in life. We know all too well that nothing is guaranteed but we do the best we can, which is all anyone can do. If you want to try again, go for it. You have all of us to cheer you on and be here for you.

:hi: miss Mitch and dancar!! :) I hope b6 is helpful for you, it worked for mine, went from 10 to 13. Good luck in August! I'm going to start going back for acu then too :), keep us posted on how it goes.

Zoe~ You are strong. :hugs: I can't help but wonder why they don't feel you're a candidate for a TAC. What is he suggesting for next time instead? Pregnancy after losses is scary and stressful, with or without assurance. It's a risk, yes, but so is everything in life. We know all too well that nothing is guaranteed but we do the best we can, which is all anyone can do. If you want to try again, go for it. You have all of us to cheer you on and be here for you.

Hi, I am hearing good storied about B6. i am going to see my doc this morning to speak to her about it. Sorry if TMI but since my MC in Jan, my periods have been different, on the heaviest day I get clots and quite a few of them. I have been reading up on this and it is linked to short LP, so i am hoping she agrees with my self diagnosis!!! I am also hoping she tells me to increase B6 to speed things up a bit. At my age i can`t waste time!!

Have you done acu before - I`ve heard good stories

Zoe - any more thoughts on what you are going to go?

Thinking about you, Zoe. :hugs:

Dancar~ Sorry your going through that, sounds like how I was back in 2010 when we first started ttc. It got to the point where I had to go to my OB a couple of times and he had to physically remove them, they were pretty bad. When I talked friends of mine about it, they asked what supplements I was taking and said that I would definitely benefit from B6 in addition to the prenatals. Within a few months, my lp became longer and the clots started becoming less. I still have some from time to time but a lot better than it was. It certainly won't hurt and I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

I had a phone consult the month I conceived with an acupuncturist who specialized in women's health and fertility. I met with her during the tww, I filled out the health questionnaire and she went over it thoroughly with me. Checked my pulse and tongue and then I had my first session. In all it was a 90 minute appointment, the follow ups 60 minutes. I loved it and can't wait to go back, she was going to suggest some herbs but since I ended up conceiving, she didn't have to. So I'm looking to seeing what she says when I see her again. Wishing you the very, very best with your consult! Let me know what you think.. :)

Thinking about you, Zoe. :hugs:

Dancar~ Sorry your going through that, sounds like how I was back in 2010 when we first started ttc. It got to the point where I had to go to my OB a couple of times and he had to physically remove them, they were pretty bad. When I talked friends of mine about it, they asked what supplements I was taking and said that I would definitely benefit from B6 in addition to the prenatals. Within a few months, my lp became longer and the clots started becoming less. I still have some from time to time but a lot better than it was. It certainly won't hurt and I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

I had a phone consult the month I conceived with an acupuncturist who specialized in women's health and fertility. I met with her during the tww, I filled out the health questionnaire and she went over it thoroughly with me. Checked my pulse and tongue and then I had my first session. In all it was a 90 minute appointment, the follow ups 60 minutes. I loved it and can't wait to go back, she was going to suggest some herbs but since I ended up conceiving, she didn't have to. So I'm looking to seeing what she says when I see her again. Wishing you the very, very best with your consult! Let me know what you think.. :)

Just been to docs and explained about LP and clotting in AF. It could be down to low progesterone levels so the 50mg B6 a day is good and she is happy for me to take that with the pregnacare which has 10mg.

She said hopefully this should increase LP and help AF - so we will see.

in the meantime she wants to do a blood test 8 days after OPK to check i am actually OV , so i need to call docs as soon as that happens, she wants to do that for 2 cycles.

Once we have done that, we may get a clearer picture of what is going on.

Feel a bit happier now i`ve been to see her, at least I feel like i am doing something!

She also said i need to stop stressing about it all,because as we know that doesn`t help.

i explained that i am constantly on internet, in forums and charting etc and she said although it can all be helpful (which has all been very helpful, especially you wonderful ladies here) it can sometimes have an adverse effect.

The FF charting has been useful because i have found out about the short LP - but the sympton spotting after OV really stresses me out.

I am away next week for a whole week and i won`t be temping then so that will keep me away from FF and may help to relax me a little.

i will still be around here when i get back, because it is good to talk with people in the same boat.

Doc also said as and when I do get PG to keep taking B6 until about 12 weeks.

I am wondering now if this was the cause of my MC, as i believe that progesterone is needed to sustain a PG and if my levels were low, maybe this is why i lost my LO.

I am going to try and be positive and chill out on holiday and try to de-stress and come back fighting fit to get my rainbow.

i think i will definately go ahead with acu. When i go for consult i will book some block appoinments - he reckons 8 treatments - the way i see it there`s nothing to lose.

That's good, glad they're doing blood work to get a better picture and that you feel more positive. Has your doctor mentioned testing your progesterone levels when you get pregnant? Enjoy your week long holiday and lots of baby dust for your return!

That's good, glad they're doing blood work to get a better picture and that you feel more positive. Has your doctor mentioned testing your progesterone levels when you get pregnant? Enjoy your week long holiday and lots of baby dust for your return!

Hi, nothing mentioned yet about checking levels. need to get PG first and that seems easier said than done!!!!!

a weeks holiday at Butlins will do me good - a whole week of no washing, cleaning, cooking etc!!!!!

lots of baby dust to you too.:hugs:

My fingers are tightly crossed for you! :thumbup::thumbup: for Butlins and thank you for the baby dust! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->