The 'chit chat' thread

I'm so sad to have to join the 2nd tri loss section :(

In April this year I had a MMC where the baby measured 11+5, it was discovered at my 12 week ultrasound. I under went a D&C about a week later where they did chromosomal testing on the baby. All that was found was normal male chromosomes and I was told it was probably just a case of bad luck.

3 cycles later I become pregnant again. This time everything was going well until 15+5 when I couldn't find the heartbeat on my doppler. When to the hospital a few days later and the confirmed the baby had passed away. I delivered the baby just as they were about to begin a D&E, I should have been 16+2.

This time they will do a post mortem on the baby as well as chromosomal testing and I've also had 14 vials of blood tests to check for things. After my first MC, my local GP checked my thyroid and basic blood clotting which all came back find, so will be interesting to see what it says this time.

These miscarriages have been my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies. My first pregnancy was completely normal expect for highish blood pressure at the very end where I was induced at 39 weeks and had my son who is now 20 months old.

Hello everyone ...

How are you doing in this month of cheers and uplifting moods and songs?

Hello everyone ...

How are you doing in this month of cheers and uplifting moods and songs?

Hi, I am doing ok. I usually love this time of year but this year doesn't quite feel the same, especially as I keep thinking back to this time last year, when I was pg with my Little One.

However, we are now trying again this month and I am hoping to OV in the next week, so our first month of trying following my second mc. Hoping and praying for a little rainbow.

How are things going for you:hugs:

Not so positive. I've yet to have a cycle since my mc in May 2012. Doc's appointment was postponed from early Dec to end of Jan 2013.

It was last year today that we lost him.

So ... I'm a walking zombie today.

Not so positive. I've yet to have a cycle since my mc in May 2012. Doc's appointment was postponed from early Dec to end of Jan 2013.

It was last year today that we lost him.

So ... I'm a walking zombie today.

Sorry to hear things aren't going well. Sending you love and hugs at the time of your angelversary.

Have you considered acupuncture to bring your cycles back?

I am seeing one now, just to try and get my hormones on track and if I do get pg again, he will do his bit to keep the blood flow good to the uterus.

I am sure an acupuncturist would be able to help.

I really hope things get better for you soon. 2013 can only be better for both of us.:hugs::hugs:

I have been going for acupuncture for about 5 weeks now (once a week). Nothing yet so far. I've also started taking Agnus Castus to hopefully fix my hormone imbalance in the meantime.

Yeah, hope the new year will be a better one for all of us.

xx

Hopefully it will work and get you back on track. Things can only get better and hopefully 2013 will be a lucky year.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thought I'd drop in and say hello and see how everyone is getting on.

You're pregnant again! Wow, fantastic news! hows it going?

it's my angels' birthday in two days so I'm a bit up and down but apart from that, I'm good xx

You're pregnant again! Wow, fantastic news! hows it going?

it's my angels' birthday in two days so I'm a bit up and down but apart from that, I'm good xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
Love to you, Mhairi XOXO

Lisa I am so happy your 27 weeks already, it went so fast ..XOXOX:hugs:

Thanks Andrea, it probably seems quick to others, but for me those first few weeks seemed to last for ever!

How are you!

Mhairi, yes I am 27 weeks now. I am taking progesterone twice a day, well I was, I am stopping next week at 28 weeks but have been taking lower dosages this last week to ween myself off it gradually. I have also been injecting clexane for the last 20 weeks, but again will finish next week.

I will be induced at 38 weeks as I have gestational diabetes and am injecting insulin 3 times a day. Although all of mine have been early any way.

I hope you are enjoying motherhood, can't believe your rainbow is almost 1.

I also hope you have a peaceful day on Eve and Megan's birthday.

Just popping in to let you know my rainbow girl , Caitlin Erin, is 2 weeks old today.

Hello all. Joining from second trimester after some devastating news. We have not lost our little boy, but at 20 weeks he has been diagnosed with osteogenesis imperfecta type 2. We now have a very difficult decision as to whether we carry on with our pregnancy or not. I am heartbroken. It is very severe, all of his arms and legs are fractured many times and his poor ribs are small and growing at an odd angle. They have told us he will not likely survive birth or pass away shortly after. We are devastated. This is our first baby, first time I've been pregnant. I love my little baby boy so much, I just dont know how I'm meant to choose ending his life or taking a hugely massive risk at going full term and him suffering. Has anyone here had to sadly end their pregnancy due to a severe genetic problem who can give me support/advice? I feel totally lost. Xx

So sorry chic, that's a really hard decision to make

Have you tried gestational complications area of the forum, xx

Yeah, I posted but there doesn't seem to be many people around in there (which really is a blessing for many) really struggling to find someone un a similar situation. I have many many family and friends I can talk ti and they are being amazing, but unless you are the one carrying your baby and having to go through it it's difficult to relate.

I've come here as I know in my heart we have lost our baby boy. I dont think I could put my poor fragile baby through so much pain, it's the only saving grace I have at the moment that he cannot feel a thing just yet.

I don't know how I'll get through this, I really don't. Xx

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through, manda_roo. Did you try the Ethical Prenatal Losses board too? I think you have to request access. I hope you find the support you need xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->