The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

I am so out this month, my boobies don't even feel sore :(

You don't know that yet - got a good feeling for you - keep us posted.

So I not had a good week so far - called hospital for my bloods yesterday and to tell them I started my periods on cd 23 and she was like well I don't think you are ovulating and this is not working for you, so need yo to come back into the clinic to discuss where to go next. I was so shocked, thought they would have tried again, but no she said if not making me ovulate now then its not going to. I was so sure that I ovulated this month as well.

Slightly worried where this leads us to next?! They need dh to do another sperm count test as last one he did the quality was good but numbers weren't, they think this was down to him not being able to get the sample over to them too quickly (fingers crossed) so gotta wait until november now for appt and then see where we go from there - so gutted as though clomid would work for us.

Hoping that clomid has kick started my periods though and who knows may ovulate on my own this cycle (wishful thinking lol)

Will keep you all updated though.

Sorry for my ramble xxx

Hospital appointment internal scan showed I have ovulated. 2 possibly 3 eggs from left ovary none from right. I've to have a blood test on Monday before I see the consultant to confirm this.

CSmith don't get too downhearted I don't know any of your background but I'm sure they'll find a method that works for you. Who knows maybe if your not thinking about it from now till November then you might fall by yourself. Different situation but my friend had 6 failed rounds of clomid, then a scope done to check her tubes. They stopped actively trying around this time as father-in-law took ill then passed away, it was during this time that she fell pregnant.

:dust:

Hospital appointment internal scan showed I have ovulated. 2 possibly 3 eggs from left ovary none from right. I've to have a blood test on Monday before I see the consultant to confirm this.

CSmith don't get too downhearted I don't know any of your background but I'm sure they'll find a method that works for you. Who knows maybe if your not thinking about it from now till November then you might fall by yourself. Different situation but my friend had 6 failed rounds of clomid, then a scope done to check her tubes. They stopped actively trying around this time as father-in-law took ill then passed away, it was during this time that she fell pregnant.

yey on you ovulating - go and catch that egg : )

Thanks - trying not to - just surprised that didn't try me for longer. But suppose if its not working then a waste of time - so least they are looking forward. Thats nice to hear about your friend, I had that happen to a few people I know as well, as soon as you stop thinking about it, it happens. xxx

hey ladies,

im starting 50 mgs of Clomid in 2 days, i have read through some of this thread, but wow! lots to read through.. i had a early loss in May and haven't ovulated since, hopefully this does the trick, next month is my 1st wedding anniversary and we are finally getting out honeymoon in 3 weeks, hoping to make it a babymoon :)

hi ladies- i asked this on another thread but was hoping to get some help here... i am on my 2nd round of clomid 50mg from CD 3-7, today is CD 7 for me. This morning after my workout I drank a soy protein shake but now i'm worried that it will negatively affect me TTC?

Hi all :) This is my first time on a forum thingy! I have PCOS and very rarely have a period. Normally have a bleed once or twice a year.

Im on my first cycle of clomid this month. Took my first tablet (13 sept) day 2 through to day 5. Had internal scan day 10 and there was an 18mm follicle visible on my left ovary :)! Nurse seemed happy and said the follicle is likely to rupture within a few days. Now cycle day 14 and no sign of ovulation! Really worrying that i wont ov.. Have been using OPK's since 20 Sept, all of which have been negative. Read a few pages that say ovulation can be delayed whilst on clomid??

Back to hospital on the 28th for blood test, but not sure what i will find out?

Any advice would be great!
Thanks everyone :) X

Hiya Loo, I'm 2 days behind you on round 1 I'm also day 2-6 took first pill on 15th Sept. I had scan on day 10 which showed 8 follicles in total 3 of which were quite large. I was advised not to have sex over the weekend as risk of multiples is too high although I have to admit we were rather naughty on Sat morning :blush:. I done OPK yesterday BFN and this morning BFP (OPK that is lol). I have another scan to get this afternoon to see whats happening. I have been up half the night with cramps and they are still there today also my nipples are sore which for me is a good sign last time I ovulated myself that happened too. I know when my friend was on clomid 2 years ago it gave her 5 week cycles so keep checking hopefully you'll find out more after you've had your bloods done.

Hi Julybaby :) 8 follicles!! that's ace! we were told to begin Bd'ing every other day from the 21st but i was away for the weekend just past so no BD! did have slight crampy twinges in ovary area but nothing thats kept me up. now having a heavy feeling in the same area! not sure what to think about that though. Probably nothing to worry about but with all these negative OPK's im stressing at silly things! Really hoping for good news from the bloods! Good luck!! Hopefully clomid works for us both first time! X

i hope so too. kinda freaking she said i have ovulated released 2 possibly 3 eggs and i keep thinking of what LO said on Thursday

"mummy when u get fat u'll have 2 babies" he was deadly serious too I told that to the nurse today and she said maybe he's psychic lol

let me know how ur bloods go

Hi ladies.. I have done 2 rounds of clomid 50mg. The first round I did days 5-9 and the 2nd round I did days 3-7. The doc said my day 21 progesterone test showed I O'd, but my AF showed this morning. So the doc is going to up my dose of clomid probably to 100mg and I was wondering what days did you have success with it. Was it days 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, or 5-9. Last year I conceived my daughter on 1 round of clomid 50mg days 5-9, so now I am just lost. Any input would be great. Thanks.

I'm now on day 17 of my first round of clomid 50mg days 5-9. I have yet to get a temp shift :( Starting to lose all hope now. I know that some women can ovulate as late as day 26 but the more the days go by, the less hope there is. My temp chart looks weird compared to other charts I have seen.... I don't know if this is the right link to use, but here it is...

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/chartgraph_module.php?d=2011-09-18&mode=a&ts=1317175436&u=

I don't know how to link my actual chart :(

aw Jade wish i could help. this is my first round too... i am on clomid cd5-9 as well. Don't give up hope yet! stay positive. ive seen a lot of people haven't Ov on clomid until day 19 or 20. FXed for you! :hugs:

I am on my second day of clomid... cd 6. this is my first time on clomid.
Last night i felt super nauseas... i know this is a side effect, but would this already happen on my first day taking it? i hope this doesn't continue to happen.
Does anyone have any advice for me?
Also why are some people taking it on cd 2-6? im on 5-9... is there a difference? im just curious

Also why are some people taking it on cd 2-6? im on 5-9... is there a difference? im just curious

When are you taking it? Morning or bed time.

Taking it earlier (like days 2-6) supposedly gives you more follies ( more chances to ovulate ) and taking it 5-9 will give you less follies but larger & healthier.. I feel as long as you ovulate it's doing it's job! :thumbup:

Hi ladies,

I wondered if anyone would mind answering how many days AFTER the LAST clomid tablet that you had a positive OPK?

I'm on my 2nd round of clomid, and it's CD14, 8 days after the last tablet, so just curious!

Thanks!!

xxx

Hey JMandrews I felt really really nauseas the first day taking it too I took it at bed time from day 2 - 6 also the next day I got really dizzy feeling like I was going to pass out.

Hi ladies,
I wondered if anyone would mind answering how many days AFTER the LAST clomid tablet that you had a positive OPK?

Round 1 CD=16, Round 2 CD=20 I took my pills 5-9, so that would be 7days after last pill & 11 days after last pill..

When are you taking it? Morning or bed time.

Taking it earlier (like days 2-6) supposedly gives you more follies ( more chances to ovulate ) and taking it 5-9 will give you less follies but larger & healthier.. I feel as long as you ovulate it's doing it's job! :thumbup:

i am taking it in the morning at 9.
oh ok! that make sense... thanks for the info :) I am only taking it to make my cycles more regular because they were all over the place. i know i am able to Ov though :) so thats a good sign!

Hey JMandrews I felt really really nauseas the first day taking it too I took it at bed time from day 2 - 6 also the next day I got really dizzy feeling like I was going to pass out.

oh wow! how long have you been on clomid?
well so far i was nauseas that first time. I have felt completely normal since :)

Last night i felt super nauseas... i know this is a side effect, but would this already happen on my first day taking it? i hope this doesn't continue to happen.

For me, the WORST side effect I got was nightmares. Every night since that first pill. After I stopped, they stopped. I also had Ovary pain the 2nd day and some cramping along the way. And hot flushes... bad hot flushes. They stopped about 4 days after last pill. Clomid 50mg, days 5-9. Now day 18 and still no sign of Ovulation. Could be late though. I heard that the later you take them, the later you ovulate so I'm just gonna ride this cycle out and see what happens. Of course :sex: along the way :p

For me, the WORST side effect I got was nightmares. Every night since that first pill. After I stopped, they stopped. I also had Ovary pain the 2nd day and some cramping along the way. And hot flushes... bad hot flushes. They stopped about 4 days after last pill. Clomid 50mg, days 5-9. Now day 18 and still no sign of Ovulation. Could be late though. I heard that the later you take them, the later you ovulate so I'm just gonna ride this cycle out and see what happens. Of course :sex: along the way :p

Thanks for the info!!! :) oh wow thats crazy you had nightmares... i have a little tiny bit of cramping... its not painful though. Im half way through the round. I really how i dont Ov later.... ugh my waits have been long enough as is. hope you dont have to wait for much longer either... good luck and have fun BDing!

I started my first round of 50mg on cd 5-9 and had a pos opk on cd's 14&15, and chart shows I O'd on cd16. The worst side effects I've had are cramping every since O, & terrible sore bbs! Both I can handle those ;) Currently on 10dpo and praying for a BFP! Good luck to you ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->