The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hey folks, I'm on my first cycle with Clomid, taking it cd5-9. I've got 2 questions...what day should I start testing with OPKs? Also, my doctor recommended BDing every other day from cd10 thru cd20. I plan to keep on BDing past CD20 since I tend to have long cycles, but should we really skip every other day?

Hey folks, I'm on my first cycle with Clomid, taking it cd5-9. I've got 2 questions...what day should I start testing with OPKs? Also, my doctor recommended BDing every other day from cd10 thru cd20. I plan to keep on BDing past CD20 since I tend to have long cycles, but should we really skip every other day?

Hey! i also took clomid cd5-9. I am still on my first round and im on cd 20 today. Any I was told to bd every other day cd10-20 as well. I started using OPKs on cd11 but i didnt Ov until cd18. So i think its just depends. It can't hurt to BD longer though :happydance: Although if you get a postive BDing up to 48 hours after should be good enough... Good Luck! Hope we see a BFP soon! :flower:

I took it cd3-7 and started testing with OPKs cd9, I am on cd17. I got my surge cd14 and ovulated cd15. It is also my first month taking it! I just cant wait till Monday cause I get my progesterone levels checked!

Hey good post, I had the exact same questions....just started clomid cycle 1 days 5 -9 100 mg on Sunday. My endocrinologist likes the every other day idea, so that's the goal this month. I ovulate late as well so I am planning to keep that going till CD 25, and we might bail on the OPK's, they are nerve wracking.

Good luck to u!

I use 50mg day 5-9, I started using my OPK's on day 10 and then just use them until I get a positive :) last month I only used 4 and that was really nice because they are so expensive.. As for the bd'ing, as long as you have the appropriate cm sperm can live up to 5 days so everyother day is perfectly fine. My obgyn said everyother day to everyday but not more than once per day because it can dilute the sperm and you want as many as possible :thumbup:

Hey good post, I had the exact same questions....just started clomid cycle 1 days 5 -9 100 mg on Sunday. My endocrinologist likes the every other day idea, so that's the goal this month. I ovulate late as well so I am planning to keep that going till CD 25, and we might bail on the OPK's, they are nerve wracking.

Good luck to u!

Good luck to you too!! Just took my cd9 dose today, now just waiting for ovulation. I don't fully trust the opks which is why I'm temping as well. Last month I got a positive opk on cd16, but my cycle was 45 days long, so there's no way I ovulated anywhere near cd16. This month I'm going to use opks until I get a temp spike to confirm ovulation. Anyway, FX for both of us!!

Hi Clomid friends.
Anyone ever have abdominal pain during BDing? Last night was VERY painful and wonderin if this could be from Clomid?

Also, I've had a positive OPK for 3 days now (today being the darkest). Today is cd 16. Dh and I BD'd on cd 12, 14, and 15. He's out of town tonight and tomorrow so no BDing ... we will start back up again on cd 18. Think we are covered?

FitzBaby- I hope so, based on what I've read it seems right... but what do I know I've yet to see a BFP in person lol

Im on 2nd round of Clomid days 2-6. Af came 3 days early last cycle and i ended up having menorrhagia (abnormally heavy period) and being bed ridden for a few days. AF only lasted 3days too so my bodily functions are all up in the air! Hoping round 2 of the clomid will work for us. Last clomid tablet tonight and im having mild headaches now. Hoping this month is a more positive one! Good Luck everyone :)

Im on 2nd round of Clomid days 2-6. Af came 3 days early last cycle and i ended up having menorrhagia (abnormally heavy period) and being bed ridden for a few days. AF only lasted 3days too so my bodily functions are all up in the air! Hoping round 2 of the clomid will work for us. Last clomid tablet tonight and im having mild headaches now. Hoping this month is a more positive one! Good Luck everyone :)

I got pretty bad headaches this month and wondered if it was from the Clomid. Did that happen to you on your first round of it?

So sorry AF got you. GOOD LUCK this month!!!

I got pretty bad headaches this month and wondered if it was from the Clomid. Did that happen to you on your first round of it?

Hey :) i had pretty mild headaches first time round and really unpredictable moods. OH was pre-warned to stay away! Also got a little gassy (tmi) and nauseous too. Think everyone is different though. I know some who had no side effects and still ovulated!

Do you have scans booked or bloods?

I'm on my last pill tonight too :)
I have my fingers crossed for us both.... and toes and... well just about everythign (except maybe my legs lol)

I'm on my last pill tonight too :)
I have my fingers crossed for us both.... and toes and... well just about everythign (except maybe my legs lol)

Thats brilliant, is this your first cycle? Any side effects? Good Luck... yes i agree do not cross the legs!

Loo- This is my second cycle, I had headaches and moodswings mostly, poor DH gets this "whatever will make you sane" look on his face sometimes...
Last cycle I ov'd but i dont know when... this month I'm using OPKs and Preseed to help things along. :)

Hi Clomid friends.
Anyone ever have abdominal pain during BDing? Last night was VERY painful and wonderin if this could be from Clomid?

Also, I've had a positive OPK for 3 days now (today being the darkest). Today is cd 16. Dh and I BD'd on cd 12, 14, and 15. He's out of town tonight and tomorrow so no BDing ... we will start back up again on cd 18. Think we are covered?

Hey Greer! I had abdominal pain too! its def from the clomid. your ovaries are over stimulated. Its normal so dont worry :) I have noticed the pain is worse during Ov... Sounds like you are covered! good Luck! when will you be testing??

Hi Clomid friends.

Hey Greer! I had abdominal pain too! its def from the clomid. your ovaries are over stimulated. Its normal so dont worry :) I have noticed the pain is worse during Ov... Sounds like you are covered! good Luck! when will you be testing??

Hi Lady!

I'll be testing on Oct. 27 (a little early) b/c we have some plans that will include heavy drinking on the 28th and I want to make sure I don't in case! How are you?

Hey :) i had pretty mild headaches first time round and really unpredictable moods. OH was pre-warned to stay away! Also got a little gassy (tmi) and nauseous too. Think everyone is different though. I know some who had no side effects and still ovulated!

Do you have scans booked or bloods?

No scans or bloods at this time. My doc wants to see how the Clomid goes for a cycle or two. He's not too concerned as I conceived our DD the month I went off BC.

Hi Clomid friends.

Hi Lady!

I'll be testing on Oct. 27 (a little early) b/c we have some plans that will include heavy drinking on the 28th and I want to make sure I don't in case! How are you?

Whoo hoo that exciting.... i totally understand... i keep getting put in awkward positions because everytime we go out with friends it involves drinking and its hard to come up with excuses that aren't obvious... I am great. I feel great now. I was super sore last week. now i am just in the TWW. Ill be testing the 21st! i can't wait!

Hi Clomid friends.

I had the worse pain BD the day I ovulated. It was terrible actually. Just gotta push through it and hope for the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->