The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Is anyone taking 100mg clomid without being monitored?

x

I am on my first cycle @ 100 mg days 5 - 9 and my RE didn't seem too worried about having any monitoring. It's a bit frustrating, as I had a MC the end of August and I'd really like to be sure my progesterone is ok later in the cycle. I actually called another RE and have an appointment tomorrow, and they couldn't believe I am not being monitored. Hopefully they will just do an u/s there tomorrow and give me an order for bloods later on.

Anyone else?

I get to join the club! I go for a blood pregnancy test in two weeks and then start provera then clomid from cd 5-9! ahhhhhh I'm so excited

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!! Hope clomid does its job!!! :)
I am just waiting! this is my first round on clomid and i get to test FRIDAY! I AM SUPER NERVOUS AND EXCITED! HAHA trying not to think about it too much but its hard! FXed! i want to see a BFP sooo bad! It will be my first if so :)

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!! Hope clomid does its job!!! :)
I am just waiting! this is my first round on clomid and i get to test FRIDAY! I AM SUPER NERVOUS AND EXCITED! HAHA trying not to think about it too much but its hard! FXed! i want to see a BFP sooo bad! It will be my first if so :)[/

good luck!!

Anybody ever have weight loss as a side effect of clomid? I've lost 5 pounds in the last week or so and haven't really changed my diet or done much exercising. Not sure if it has anything to do with the medication...could just be from stress, there's craziness going on at home and at work.

yes!!! me me me me. About 5 lb... and I haven't been working out like I normally do because we just moved... so also lots of stress and packing,,, I was also wondering if it was the Clomid or just me:shrug: when I started the pill long time ago the same thing happened (weight loss) when I stopped the pill I gained weight... now with Clomid I lost some? weird!:wacko:

For all those that know me/ are imterested- I take clomid from my fs the nurses said I dont ovulate on it- but I use to get +opks later in the cycle an my fertility comsultant agreed with me that I do ovulate and getting af on my own was a good sign as I never use to get it :) anyway I started temping this month- I highly recommend you girls on here to do this :) my feeling what was going on have proved to be right this cycle!

Well ff said I ovulated cd18! I'm glad I know that I do ovulate and me and the fertility consultant was right that I do ovulate with clomid but just later- I knew them nurses were wrong! Anyhow I'm slighty annoyed as me and oh didn't bd enough- usually we dtd everyday to every other day but we have had so much going on this cycle- I knew I was fertile because of my cm but we couldn't dtd them few nights as oh wasn't here and on one of the nights I had my nieces- but oh well :cry:

The only thing I'm confused about is it was yesterday I was getting real bad pains on my right hand side? I was only really getting little niggles the few days before but for now I'm happy that ff is showing at least I ovulate :) x

It's actually quite common especially here in the UK to take Clomid and not have any monitoring except for a review after 3 cycles. I guess the doctors here think it will work or it won't and having follicol tracking is only going to confirm if an egg could pop. Clomid isn't a serious toxic substance and as long as you don't over do the dose without your doctor's permission you will be fine. Good luck everyone, let's get some :bfp:'s before the year is out.

That's great news Scerena, so how may dpo are you now? xx

I'm 3dpo! All them times I use to get my positive opks late in my cycle and I use to say to all you girls I think I'm ovulating later I was right hehe :) stupid nurse I told her that but she didn't want to listen!
Hope your ok daopdesign?x

I'm 3dpo! All them times I use to get my positive opks late in my cycle and I use to say to all you girls I think I'm ovulating later I was right hehe :) stupid nurse I told her that but she didn't want to listen!
Hope your ok daopdesign?x

I never ovulated within the 7-10 days after the last pill which the Clomid instructions claim. In fact I reckon the day 21 when I did actually ovulate was the earliest I had ever. I think with my son it was day 26 or something like that! Those opk's can be awful - I got a positive one month but I didn't ovulate! Damn things, your right temping is way better.

I'm alright, just waiting for the scan on Friday, days are going soo slow lol xx

I bet! I hope that they hurry up for you so that you can see your little bean :)
I use to get positive opks and they were right- I use to tell the nurse but she wouldn't listen my fertility consultant did though- I hope I get a :bfp: soon so I can join you x

Thanks for all the advice ladies!!

Good luck for the scan daopdesign!!! I'll bet you are really excited!!

I was considering giving myself 100mg this month, but perhaps I should stick to 50mg!!?

Has anyone upped the dose when they didnt tell the doc?

xx

Here in the states it would be pretty hard to up the dose w/o a dr. knowing, they have to perscribe it, and the pharmacy gives you exactly what is perscribed.

Hoping it will work this month... and you ladies are right these opks are making me nuts! As if I wasnt already a poas addict! I'm on CD15 and no positive yet, thinking around CD18

I'm gonna do the digital opks. Should I do them twice a day (I have enough) or just once a day? I'll also be temping and using my ovacue. what time is best to use opks (I haven't taken one in a really long time)

bumblebeettc1- wont your doc up your dose for you? did you ovulate on 50mg?

clovermouse-I hope you get your positive soon :)

helena_lynn-I use to use opks about 2pm and 8-10pm and my positives always show up I use to do two a day just incase I was to miss my surge :) gl!

Here in the states it would be pretty hard to up the dose w/o a dr. knowing, they have to perscribe it, and the pharmacy gives you exactly what is perscribed.

Hoping it will work this month... and you ladies are right these opks are making me nuts! As if I wasnt already a poas addict! I'm on CD15 and no positive yet, thinking around CD18

i got my surge on CD18 so I am assuming i Ov on CD19 :) Good Luck!

I'm gonna do the digital opks. Should I do them twice a day (I have enough) or just once a day? I'll also be temping and using my ovacue. what time is best to use opks (I haven't taken one in a really long time)

If you have enough then it wouldn't hurt, but right when you see that positive you have at the most 48 hours :) i just test once a day starting on cd 10 at 1pm and I got my surge on CD18. FXed for you!

I ovulated cd18 this month too must be the clomid as we are all ovulating around the same time :) :happydance:

bumblebeettc1, please don't up the dose if you have ovulated on 50mg as this can have a negative effect on it working for you! If you know for sure you haven't then go for it, i did in 2009, all the way up to 150mg and my doc didn't know!!!

DEFINITELY do twice a day if you have enough. And, something I learned by reading the fine print, unlike HPTs, tests first thing in the morning is NO NO. As the other ladies said, test early afternoon and evening.

Good luck!

I ovulated cd18 this month too must be the clomid as we are all ovulating around the same time :) :happydance:

I think I OV'd around cd 15 but I had positive OPKs for like 5 days straight ... SO weird! When will you test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->