The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi everyone, I've been following some of the threads on this forum for a while now but have only just registered. I've read alot of helpful advise so I've decided to tell my story as I am due to start taking Clomid. I am 33 have been married for 10 years and have been TTC for about 3 years now, well 2 of them were me just not being careful so didn't really think much of the fact that I didn't get pregnant. A year ago myself and dh husband decided that it was time we put some proper planning into extending our family. I was in a stressful job so we thought that might be a factor. Changed that. Tried for 5 months and nothing, got my opks and used for 4/5 months and seemed like i was ovulating some months others nothing. Went to my doctor and he took my 21 day bloods when it was day 23 - got my period the following day when I'm usually strict 28 day cycle. Bloods came back with progesterone level 5. Doc said to come back day 21 and he'd do it again in the meantime my dh had semen analysis and all is well with his swimmers. CD21 got bloods taken and My doctor prescribed me 3 x months of clomid 50mg. Take 4 tablets cd1 -4 of my cycle.
This time my progesterone levels came back with level 41.

I should have started taking them on tuesday but my husband asked me to give it another month to try naturally as he isn't really happy with our doctor. 5 mins consultation and he gave me clomid.

Do doctors usually prescribe clomid so easily and is it usually only taken for 4 days and from cd 1 to 4? I'm now sorry that I listened to my husband and should have taken them 2 days ago. Now I feel like I might have wasted a month.

Thanks for listening.

I actually didn't even go in to see my doc, he prescribe it over the phone to me. If that helps!

I'm losing my clomid baby :( woke up to severe cramping and heavy bleeding this morning. Went to the doctor and the urine pregnancy test there was negative. Drew blood to check hcg levels just to be sure, but the doctor said it is most likely a miscarriage. Sad day for me.

Sorry if this is a double post for some people, I posted on the other clomid thread as well.

Oh no! :nope::nope::nope: I am so sorry :cry::cry::cry:
what did the doctor say it may have been the cause?

:cry:

Lisa92881, your chart is not showing OV yet... how are you feeling?

haj624: where are you? haven't seen you around. Hope everything is fine:hugs:

I am brand new to Clomid. I am currently taking 50mg CD 5-9. I am on CD 7. I was very nervous about taking it because I have a hard time even finding birth control pills that I can stand the side effects of but I really have felt no different with Clomid. Actually I feel a bit better (probably just because I'm hopeful this will work). Keeping my fingers crossed this will work.

I'm also on my 1st Clomid cycle. Im on day 8 now. lets hope it works.

fingers crossed and lots of :dust::dust:

We are almost on the same cycle days. How are you feeling?

Nope, I don't suspect it will this cycle. :nope: Was hoping to be on Clomid by now, after taking provera to bring on AF and having my hsg on 10/31. But the hsg found a polyp which I need surgery to have removed. So everything is kind of on hold until that gets taken care of. :(

I haven't been here for a bit. So sorry scooby :hugs:

On cd 14 and still no pos opk but a temp dip this morning and achey boobs. I've been in a kind of funk lately and starting to doubt that clomid will work.

where is everyone else in their cycle?

It's still early! Hope u get ur +OPK soon! FXed! I am 7dpo and my temps have been looking good so far :) testing in a week!

I'm losing my clomid baby :( woke up to severe cramping and heavy bleeding this morning. Went to the doctor and the urine pregnancy test there was negative. Drew blood to check hcg levels just to be sure, but the doctor said it is most likely a miscarriage. Sad day for me.

Sorry if this is a double post for some people, I posted on the other clomid thread as well.

:hugs: thinking of you..x

Nope, I don't suspect it will this cycle. :nope: Was hoping to be on Clomid by now, after taking provera to bring on AF and having my hsg on 10/31. But the hsg found a polyp which I need surgery to have removed. So everything is kind of on hold until that gets taken care of. :(

well, at least they found it on time, before you started clomid. Do you have any idea as of when you will have surgery?

I haven't been here for a bit. So sorry scooby :hugs:

On cd 14 and still no pos opk but a temp dip this morning and achey boobs. I've been in a kind of funk lately and starting to doubt that clomid will work.

where is everyone else in their cycle?

it's still early. Good luck!!

This is the first time I have posts on this site, I hope I'm putting this in the right place!

Hubby and I have just decided to try for #4. I have PCOS and have really irregular cycles, haven't had AF on my own for about a year. My oldest was a surprise (hadn't even been diagnosed yet) 2 years later I took metformin to conceive my son and it work on the first cycle (had very low progesterone and needed injections) and about 3 years ago got preg with my little guy after losing about 20 pounds using a low carb diet (once again low prog and injections)

So...now we are trying for our 4th and last, since I haven't been cycling regularly, my doc said she'll let me try clomid and I'm going to ask if I can try met with it since it's worked for me before.

Nervous and excited and hoping it works right away! I know it may very well take a few cycles though and I'm up for it! I'm assuming I'll be taking 50 mg to start, and I believe doc said days 5-9. Has anyone used robitussin with success (to thin cervical mucous?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->