The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hey ladies. Question for all of you in the U.S. taking Clomid...

I'll save you my back story (haha) but I have an appt with my dr Wednesday and hope to get a prescription for Clomid. I will be cd5, which of course in my mind is perfect timing, and in my little dream world she'll give me the prescription and I'll pick it up on the way home. :haha: I have a friend who is also starting Clomid soon, but she said she had to wait to get it covered by her insurance, so she ended up having to wait a whole cycle. Does anyone know is this is usually the case, or is it like any other prescription and I can just bring it by CVS and they fill it?? :shrug:

Thanks!! :hugs:

My insurance doesn't cover it either, so my dr sent the prescription to Walmart. It cost me $9. They only had 3 of the pills in stock, so I had to go back a few days later to get the other 2 pills. But yes, Walmart does have cheap prices even if your insurance won't cover it.

I'll save you my back story (haha) but I have an appt with my dr Wednesday and hope to get a prescription for Clomid. I will be cd5, which of course in my mind is perfect timing, and in my little dream world she'll give me the prescription and I'll pick it up on the way home. :haha: I have a friend who is also starting Clomid soon, but she said she had to wait to get it covered by her insurance, so she ended up having to wait a whole cycle. Does anyone know is this is usually the case, or is it like any other prescription and I can just bring it by CVS and they fill it?? :shrug:

My insurance doesn't cover it either, so my dr sent the prescription to Walmart. It cost me $9. They only had 3 of the pills in stock, so I had to go back a few days later to get the other 2 pills. But yes, Walmart does have cheap prices even if your insurance won't cover it.

WOw and I thought Walgreens was cheapo!! ($15)!! next time im going to walmart!!
I paid $45 bucks all together i think.. Or something like that.

WOw and I thought Walgreens was cheapo!! ($15)!! next time im going to walmart!!
I paid $45 bucks all together i think.. Or something like that.

$15?? Yes go to Walmart!!! You can check the price on the Walmart pharmacy website. You can't beat $9 though! lol

Seriously what would I do without this website?!?! Thank you all SO MUCH!!!! :hugs: I can't wait to officially be part of the Clomid crew, since I've only been stalking up until now, getting info since I knew Clomid was in my future!! :winkwink:

Hi ladies, just found this thread---what a great idea! I'm CD2 and will be starting clomid for the first time CD5-9. I ovulate on my own, but I guess it's questionable how well I'm ovulating? Anybody else have a similar situation? I'm so scared this won't work for me either.....
Also, if anybody has any info they'd like to share that they wish they had been warned about please do. My Dr. says my cycle won't change (still be the same length and will O on the same day)---has that been your experiences?
Sorry for all the questions, but I guess I'm a bit apprehensive about all this.
Oh, and Lisa92881 I just picked up my 5 pills yesterday at CVS and it was $19 and some odd change. I also was thinking it would be way more expensive because insurance doesn't cover it! Whew!

Dear Clomid Buddies,
I was on 100 mg Clomid for the first month and failed to ovulate.
Then advanced to 150 mg for 3 months when I ovulated , but failed to conceive.
I am also on Metformin 1500 per day.
I was also prescribed Dostinex to lower my prolactin which was too high.(now back to normal)
In my current cycle I was on Tamoxifen for cd 2-5.
AF due on 14th Dec

Dear Clomid Buddies,
I was on 100 mg Clomid for the first month and failed to ovulate.
Then advanced to 150 mg for 3 months when I ovulated , but failed to conceive.
I am also on Metformin 1500 per day.
I was also prescribed Dostinex to lower my prolactin which was too high.(now back to normal)
In my current cycle I was on Tamoxifen for cd 2-5.
AF due on 14th Dec

Good luck and lots of baby dust. Any signs or symptoms yet? I was due for AF on dec 9th or 10th. Still not here! Best wishes!

I'm not on Clomid but want to ask a question from the ladies that are. I'm currently awaiting some tests at the fertility clinic, but it's a bit of a battle at the moment because my BMI is higher than the 'guidelines' for fertility treatment. My Doctor is currently fighting my corner for me.
Basically, i have low progesterone/poor ovulation, and while i'm waiting for the clinic to accept me i'm trying to figure out if i have a follicular problem or corpus luteum.

Anyway my question is, before you started Clomid did you have erratic temperatures, and long cycles or did you have 'normal' cycles? i.e same length every month, definate signs of ovulation, good temperatures.

I'm not on Clomid but want to ask a question from the ladies that are. I'm currently awaiting some tests at the fertility clinic, but it's a bit of a battle at the moment because my BMI is higher than the 'guidelines' for fertility treatment. My Doctor is currently fighting my corner for me.
Basically, i have low progesterone/poor ovulation, and while i'm waiting for the clinic to accept me i'm trying to figure out if i have a follicular problem or corpus luteum.

Anyway my question is, before you started Clomid did you have erratic temperatures, and long cycles or did you have 'normal' cycles? i.e same length every month, definate signs of ovulation, good temperatures.

I had crazy temperatures, but regular cycles. They were always 33 days long, with ovulation pain, but I was not ovulating at all.

I had erratic temps and long cycles. 80+ days long. Clomid hasn't gotten me to ovulate yet

Thanks, that's helped a lot.
I have a feeling my problem could be remedied by just increasing my progesterone then. As i have steady temps, a regular cycle of 28 days with an 11 day luteal phase and i definately ovulate! (well i get a big temp rise each cycle so i'm assuming that means i'm ovulating)

Hi Ladies,

I have started my first round of clomid this month (blood work tells me that I ovulate on my own) so a little confuded why I have been put on it, but I will give anything a shot.

I have a couple of questions and hope that someone can help:
1. Did you get the side effects while taking the tablets or after?
2 I use a CBFM and was wondering if I can still use it or would the clomid effect the resdings of high and peak days?

Thank you x

Hi Ladies,

I have started my first round of clomid this month (blood work tells me that I ovulate on my own) so a little confuded why I have been put on it, but I will give anything a shot.

2 I use a CBFM and was wondering if I can still use it or would the clomid effect the resdings of high and peak days?

Thank you x

To answer your questions from my symptoms and side effects. I got really moody my first cycle of clomid. I just felt angry. I also can "feel" when I ovulate, i literally feel like i have pumpkins in my ovaries. I also use a CBFM and never got my peak, but got highs for almost two weeks so it might mess it up, i just bought a bbt to try and use, even though I dont know what im doing. Hope this answers your questions, Anna:hugs:

just got a positive opk!!! woot! let the BDing begin

Hi Ladies,

Thank you x
Hi,
I had headaches and lightheadedness while taking the Clomid. Then it subsided. Once I ovulated, I had a lot more cramping, dizziness, and moodiness.

Also, I use a CBFM. Normally I go from low, to high, to peak. But being on the Clomid, I started out at high, but then got my 2 peaks. I also used a digital OPK to confirm that I was ovulating, and I got a positive the same day I got my peak, so they matched!!

Good luck!

Had a huge temp dip today but after I took my temp I got another smiley. Could you o the same day as your pos opk? Got my first positive at 530pm and took the.morning one at 6am.

Also! I baby danced this morning and,last night and the night before. Should I again tonight or just do it tomorrow?

Has anyone noticed spotting a few days before AF while on Clomid? I am on CD 35 with possible O on CD22. But have spotted brown tinged yesterday morning only and again first thing this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->