The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Had a huge temp dip today but after I took my temp I got another smiley. Could you o the same day as your pos opk? Got my first positive at 530pm and took the.morning one at 6am.

Also! I baby danced this morning and,last night and the night before. Should I again tonight or just do it tomorrow?

Check my chart babe! I dont temp, which you know, but I have it set to the OPK setting. It set my ovulation day as the day as my second positive OPK. I believe it!

Hi ladies! I just took my last clomid pill yesterday and I'm extremely nervous! I just found this thread and I just love it :)

This is my first round of clomid and have no idea what to expect! What are everyones experiences? I was diagnosed with PCOS in september, was put on metformin and my cycles are now back to normal (28 days). Can't wait to see what happens and what everyone has to say!

Baby dust to all!

Lisamarie, that's great your cycles are doing so well! I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 15 (10 years ago) I ttc naturally for 8 years but was only havig a menstrual cycle 1-2 times/year. I was given progress and clomid on my first month I got my bfp! I had minimal side effects from the meds and charted and sure enough got ny bfp at 10 dpo. I had my son Jan. Of 2011 5 months post partum I had an IUD placed but it fell out and surprise I ovulated that month and now im 7 months pregnant again. Lol I pray you have an easy ttc experience with clomid!!

I took clomid for the first time this month, on CD5-9. I had really long, irregular cycles. Sometimes I would ovulate, sometimes not. My doc tested me for PCOS and said I didn't have any of the signs, so I'm not sure why my body isnt normal. Today is CD11, so I will start POAS tomorrow and hope for the best. I haven't had any side effects, although I noticed a lot of CM yesterday and today, my first 2 days off Clomid. Not sure if that is normal. Its not EWCM, so who knows. FX for BFP! Baby dust to all!

Hi everyone,

I started my first round of clomid this month after doctor found out i wasnt ovulating. Have been ttc for 9 months but due to family history of hysterectomys at a young age, she started me on the tablets straight away. I am 27 and my husband is 26, we are both active and healthy people so im hoping this works. Im on 50mg from day 2-6, now on day 13 of my cycle. Have had regular stomach cramps and back ache and on day 4 and 5 of the tablets i felt very emotional and nauseous. I dont mind though as im desperate to be a mum!! I know so many people who are expecting at the moment, i just wish it was me! I know one day it will be me, its just hard when it seems everyone else is pregnant except me. I have to have a blood test on day 21, every month im on clomid, to see whether it has worked in making me ovulate. Im also taking the Pregnacare Conception multivitamins to try and help even more. Have positive days when im so excited about the fact that this could help me get pregnant, but then have down days when i wonder why my body isnt working properly. Anyway, just wanted to start chatting to women in similar situations and to get a support network going.

Good luck to you all

xxx

Welcome Babyville. I'm on my first cycle of clomid as well. I'm 5DPO currently, and I'm planning on testing on the 22nd! Hopefully the first cycle will be the one for most of us! There are quite a few here that are in their first cycle on clomid.

:dust:

Thankyou Daydream, because im new to this im still not 100% sure what all the abbreviations mean! Lol!! What does 5DPO mean? Sorry to be so ditzy but im still learning :) x

Thankyou Daydream, because im new to this im still not 100% sure what all the abbreviations mean! Lol!! What does 5DPO mean? Sorry to be so ditzy but im still learning :) x

You'll catch on quick :) 5DPO = 5 days past ovulation. I ovulated on CD17 and I'm now CD22.

There's a whole list of the "lingo" here: https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

It's very helpful when you're first starting

5 days post ovulation, here is a list of all of the abbreviations.
https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

Thankyou everyone, that link has really helped me. Good luck with your next round of clomid ttcreed xx

I am being a bad girl and testing tomorrow with fmu. Wish me luck ladies!

Well I'm now an official member of this thread and not just a stalker anymore. :haha:

Taking my first Clomid pill tonight!! :wohoo: My doctor prescribed a low dose, 25 mg, since I ovulate sometimes on my own. I hope it's strong enough. Anyone take 25 mg, or know someone that has?? :shrug:

good luck to both Lisa and Rachael!!!!!

Lisa- I haven't actually heard of anyone taking that low of a dose but if you already ovulate on your own then maybe it'll give you the tiny push you need to bring on some nicer eggies.
Worse case scenario, he just ups your dosage next month. Are you having any type of monitoring? How long were you ttc before you went to the doctor? Was there a reason he put you on clomid? I checked out your chart and you seem to have had a very nice ovulation last month.

I know, wasn't last months chart beautiful!! Haha. The one before that...not so much - it was anovulatory and about 125 days long. I've been ttc since last october and have had only 6 cycles since then. I went to the dr in June, at which point it had been like 8 months, and we started investigating my long cycles. I also just had surgery a few weeks ago to remove polyps. It's been a long journey so far, I hope Clomid at least shortens my cycle, even if I don't get a BFP right away!! No monitoring, I have an appt in february to discuss the first few months on it.

my doctor wasn't going to do monitoring. She just gave me 50mg of clomid with 3 refills. I was all happy about that but once I realized that it was cd 20 and I still hadn't ovulated I called her and asked for a higher dose. So now I'm on 100mg and will be going in for cd 21 bloods this Monday. I believe I'm 1dpo today but wont know until I get my cross hairs (hopefully on Friday). I'm all for a hands off doctor because I kinda like to do my own thing but I don't understand giving refills for a drug that may or may not work at a low dosage....I feel like at least the first month should be monitored, you know? Just to be sure...I had to request that they check my progesterone when I found out that it was a common thing to do and that 50mg wasn't working. If 100mg doesn't work I want something concrete to show the doctor. I wanna be able to be like.."look, this isn't working. I probably need something stronger" and also for my own piece of mind.

haha sorry. I'm not bashing you or your doctor here...just ranting about mine a bit.

I want to start Clomid but since it is so expensive I did a little searching around and found this website that claims to sell generic clomid for ridiculously low prices. I'm not sure if I should trust it or not. Has anybody used genericclomid.com?

Where do you live that clomid is so expensive? Do you not have health insurance? I think it is only like 20 something dollars for generic at walmart without insurance. I wouldnt trust a website, personally. It would scare me too much to think of what other stuff they could have potentially put into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->