The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

You can hit 'reply with quote' under their comment and you will just reply to that one person. If you want to reply to lots of ppl you simply hit 'multiquote' to each and on the last one hit 'reply with quote' and type under each in the reply box. Or you can just write each persons name with a response. It's up to you really

I'm so happy to see your relatively quick success with Clomid and IUI. We are going to try Clomid/BD this cycle. at my HSG today my RE/FS told us if we didn't have success this cycle than Clomid/IUI was he road to take.:hugs:

Hey everyone, I'm starting my 2nd cycle of Clomid tomorrow and had a question. My last time taking Clomid I got a bunch of false postives on the OPK, so my doctor told me not to even bother taking them again. However, I'm afraid if I do ovulate I won't know when. So, I was wondering what types of signs you girls had with ovulating on Clomid and how taking your body temp works? My gyno never said about taking my temp, but I think it might be a good thing to do. Thanks!

My RE/FS just told me the same thing tonight. (not to worry about opk) said just go at and make it count:sex:..lol This is our first cycle of Clomid 100mg CD3-7
I don't know anything about temperature taking :(

Good luck!

Hi ladies.. hope you guys can help me out

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/journal/revgTYe5h.png

This is a chart overlay for my two cycles.

The green line is showing my first cycle. The cycle on clomid.

The purple line is showing my current cycle. The cycle without taking Clomid. As I decided not to because I felt horrible the first time i took it..

As you can see from the green line, My temparatures was all over the place.:wacko:

My temps are much more normal this cycle without Clomid..:thumbup:

My doctor prescribed a set of clomid for my next cycle ..should i take it next cycle or should i just continue on naturally?

I have always been menstruating every month, its just that my cycles range between 27 - 32 days. Could it be that since im already menstruating regularly i shouldn't be taking Clomid because it would screw everything up?

does clomid make AF come aswell? if im not ovulating or getting my period cos of PCOS will clomid fix both of these? will i just get my period if the clomid makes me Ov or do i need something else to?

Metformin is usually used with clomid in a cycle for ladies with pcos. It's supposed to increase the chances of conception. I'm not sure exactly how it works but I know it's a diabetic drug usually, something to do with insulin.

I was given it to regulate my periods and help with conception. My doctor prescribed me 2 tabs a day but the fertility consultant told me that I should be taking double that (400mgs I think) for it to have any effect. The two tabs made me feel quite ill and gave me bad anxiety (I am a frequent sufferer of this anyway). When I spoke to the consultant about this he said that the success rates for metformin helping to conceive are very very small so if they were making me ill I should stop taking them.

I think it is different if you are taking it for PCOS though...

C
x

https://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/what-is-metformin-used-for-in-infertility-treatments
Found this, hope it helps.

Hey girls! I start Clomid today and was wondering if any of you guys take Evening Primrose Oil with the Clomid. Is it ok to take together or is it a no-no? I barely have any EWCM to begin with and am afraid that the Clomid is going to dry me up even more than I already am... if that's even possible!!

So, I have never had a positive OPK - I was curious what it would look like and if I would be able to tell - so I took one today after finishing clomid yesterday, I was told immediately after, it gives false positives so I was hoping to see what it looked like. I think it's positive? Is this what I will be looking for over the next 5-10 days?

Attachments

• 20120329_114800.jpg
    20120329_114800.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 11
Hi ladies.. hope you guys can help me out

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/journal/revgTYe5h.png

This is a chart overlay for my two cycles.

The green line is showing my first cycle. The cycle on clomid.

The purple line is showing my current cycle. The cycle without taking Clomid. As I decided not to because I felt horrible the first time i took it..

As you can see from the green line, My temparatures was all over the place.:wacko:

My temps are much more normal this cycle without Clomid..:thumbup:

My doctor prescribed a set of clomid for my next cycle ..should i take it next cycle or should i just continue on naturally?

I have always been menstruating every month, its just that my cycles range between 27 - 32 days. Could it be that since im already menstruating regularly i shouldn't be taking Clomid because it would screw everything up?

I get my period every month as well and my cycles range from 31-42 days. After doing some blood work my gyno found that I had some annovulatory cycles so he told me to take clomid 50mg to help with that. You can get your period every month but not ovulate...I even got pos opk's using the digital kinds but I guess my surge didn't lead to strong ovulation.

Me personally, I do what my doc tells me to do because he knows better than me what will help with my chances of conceiving and I trust him. He has been our family "gyno" for years now and has delivered all the babies in our family. :flower:

Hi Everyone!
MY DH and I are trying for our first. I have been on Clomid. As of now I am on 150MG taken on days 3-7. Jan was the last time I had any mature follices. I switched pharmacies to Target and since then I had no mature follicles to work with. Just seem like a Coincidence that this happened since the switch!!!!! My Dr. boosed me up to 200MG but nothing happened. I wonder why? Could it be the pharmacy? Is a cheap version of Clomid. Maybe I should go back to CVS!! I'm waiting for my cycle to come and then I'm going for a hormone test on day 3 to see how my hormones are. Am I crazy?? I also have a blocked tube and need surgery to repair it!!!

Hey ladies,

I am desperate for help!!

I haven't been ovulating but having periods, the doctor has put me on 50Mg on day 2 - day 5 of my period. finished my last lot on monday (3 days ago) still waiting to finish my period and trying but wondered if any of you are overweight and have pcos and fell pregnant the first time.

xxx

I finally o'd my pos OPK was Sat and I probably o'd Tuesday. Is it bad that there was such a wide gap? The doctor also told me during my ultrasound today that if I don't fall pregnant this cycle he wants to decrease my Clomid dosage to 25mg because my corpus luteum is 5 1/2 mm. I'm not really sure what an overly large one means. Any advice?

Hey girls! I start Clomid today and was wondering if any of you guys take Evening Primrose Oil with the Clomid. Is it ok to take together or is it a no-no? I barely have any EWCM to begin with and am afraid that the Clomid is going to dry me up even more than I already am... if that's even possible!!

I'm pretty dry to begin with took we use pre-seed and that really seems to help.

Hey ladies, I'm peeking in from LTTC with a question (the thread is a great idea btw).

On the topic of CM, I've heard so much about clomid drying up CM but has anyone had MORE CM? I have to wear a pantiliner! I am CD9 and my last day of clomid 50mg. I usually have a good amount of CM but this is ridiculous!

Thanks so much!

wonderstars - I have to say that I am experiencing the same thing. I've had so much CM it's insane! I live in NYC and while walking around today I felt like I peed myself, it was embarrassing. I know I didn't pee myself but there was so much watery CM that's what it felt like. I think it's strange how some people experience something so different but I'm happy that I'm not dried up, since you need CM for the spermies! Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->