The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Im taking my first clomid tablet tomorrow :happydance: im so excited lol..... I really just hope that it works. Any advice.. Should i take it during the day or last thing at night, im kinda worried about the side effects, but then also about the hot flushes as well. Can i change it to nighttime if i find its not suitable during the day and vice versa :wacko:

Im taking my first clomid tablet tomorrow :happydance: im so excited lol..... I really just hope that it works. Any advice.. Should i take it during the day or last thing at night, im kinda worried about the side effects, but then also about the hot flushes as well. Can i change it to nighttime if i find its not suitable during the day and vice versa :wacko:

Hi Gemmy!
Take it at night. That way you sleep through most of the side effects.
My worst side effect was BLOATING!! Blah. I looked 6 months pregnant.
Side effects went away 48 hours after my last dose.

I'm in the TWW

FX"D for you!!:happydance:

Ah Hope 1409- so sorry it didn't work out. Ya know I always wondered that too but even if you BD'd all around the time and covered your bases, the egg may well have been fertilized but not implanted. It's strange how that works but my doc thinks it happens all the time. Everything has to be the right conditions. I hope the next round is perfect for you

Thanks hopeful. I am just so bummed. I am thinking maybe my cm was the issue? Not sure, I am just so tired of thinking. I really hope the second time around will do the trick. I dont have pcos or anything like that, just some annovulatory cycles. Do you think if clomid made me ovul this last time, that it will again this second round? I dont have a lab order for this time but I am thinking maybe I should ask for one just to make sure?

I took mine at night, around 8pm. I start my second round tomorrow and plan to take it at 8pm again. They say you should take it same time every day so its best if you want to play it safe with side effects, take it closer to night/bedtime so you can sleep through them. I got lucky and had no side effects, just dry cm....i hope the second time goes just as smooth. GL to you!

Ah Hope 1409- so sorry it didn't work out. Ya know I always wondered that too but even if you BD'd all around the time and covered your bases, the egg may well have been fertilized but not implanted. It's strange how that works but my doc thinks it happens all the time. Everything has to be the right conditions. I hope the next round is perfect for you

Thanks hopeful. I am just so bummed. I am thinking maybe my cm was the issue? Not sure, I am just so tired of thinking. I really hope the second time around will do the trick. I dont have pcos or anything like that, just some annovulatory cycles. Do you think if clomid made me ovul this last time, that it will again this second round? I dont have a lab order for this time but I am thinking maybe I should ask for one just to make sure?

I took mine at night, around 8pm. I start my second round tomorrow and plan to take it at 8pm again. They say you should take it same time every day so its best if you want to play it safe with side effects, take it closer to night/bedtime so you can sleep through them. I got lucky and had no side effects, just dry cm....i hope the second time goes just as smooth. GL to you!

Try using Preseed for dry CM :blush:

I do use Pree-seed all the time. I can't bd without it, lol. In addition to Pree-seed, i drink grapefruit juice, green tea and want to start mucinex if I know it will help??

I do use Pree-seed all the time. I can't bd without it, lol. In addition to Pree-seed, i drink grapefruit juice, green tea and want to start mucinex if I know it will help??

I have heard of women taking Robitussin as well.

Thanks for the advice, it's really helpful. I think I will just stick to my original plan and take the clomid at night. I so hope that it works lol. I think I will pick up some preseed tomorrow, as I usually seem to suffer with dry cm anyway, so hopefully it helps.

Usually once the clomid works and makes you o they stick with that dose, so I'd assume yes, it should work. I know what it's like worrying though, you just want to know for sure.

So I'm not prego this month... and I haven't started my period, it's now day CD 33. My Dr wants me to start Provera today... Is this just to start my period?

Thanks for the kind words girlies! I just want to get on and start the next lot of norethisterone and clomid! TTC is one hell of a waiting game for sure!

Good luck and baby dust! xx

It sure is!!! Good luck to you!

Just wanted to pop in here. I did chlomid for 4 months.
I was heartbroken it didn't work. Then stopped it. Had four natural cycles. "gave up" one cycle. ( only had sex once!) then got pregnant. Just wanted to encourage you all. There is hope after chlomid. We had tried almost 4 years.
Wishing you all lots of healthy babies!!!! :)

wow congrats... Good to know there is hope if clomid doesn't work!! Going to get my progesterone checked today... Then guess I have to wait for the results which will probably be the hardest part of all this.

Well I took a frer this morning, :bfn: I'm 9-10dpo, which I knew was probably too early to test, but I'm going to the doctor this morning about my ankle and I was hoping I'd know something in case he wanted to do X-rays. I did check my cm, which I haven't done in a few days, and it was watery and brown-tinged. Good sign???? Brownish is better than pinkish, right, it may mean implantation instead of AF???:?

Brown or pink can signal implantation spotting, but some actually get bleeding. Red is what you don't want to see normally. Good luck, least it's early and not the day before expected AF. Hope it's not an early sign of AF. Any other signs or feelings?

Not sure if my other "symptoms" are from Clomid, but I've had super sensitive nipples and slightly sore bbs since o. I haven't really had cramps, a few days of very very slight ones, but a lot of the time my lower abdomen feels tight. I've been very moody (poor DH!) and the past two days, I've been going to the bathroom all the time! I've also been pretty bloated and kind of gassy (sorry, tmi).

I think it's too early for AF... I know for sure I o'd sometime between 3/26 and 3/29 because my ultrasound on 3/26 showed I hadn't yet and my ultrasound on 3/29 showed I had, probably a day or two before that scan. So I'm using 3/27 as my o date, though I'm not positive that's exactly right, and that would put me at 10dpo today.

My opks and bbts have been really random this cycle. I got my positive opk on 3/24 and 3/25, so it was a few days between that and o. My bbt rose on 3/23 (so a spike before o, which doesn't make sense to me), and then again this week. Now they're the highest I've had, even higher than when I got my bfp last time. I've also got a bad cold, so it's hard to tell if that's hiding other symptoms or causing a few.

Not sure if my other "symptoms" are from Clomid, but I've had super sensitive nipples and slightly sore bbs since o. I haven't really had cramps, a few days of very very slight ones, but a lot of the time my lower abdomen feels tight. I've been very moody (poor DH!) and the past two days, I've been going to the bathroom all the time! I've also been pretty bloated and kind of gassy (sorry, tmi).

I think it's too early for AF... I know for sure I o'd sometime between 3/26 and 3/29 because my ultrasound on 3/26 showed I hadn't yet and my ultrasound on 3/29 showed I had, probably a day or two before that scan. So I'm using 3/27 as my o date, though I'm not positive that's exactly right, and that would put me at 10dpo today.

My opks and bbts have been really random this cycle. I got my positive opk on 3/24 and 3/25, so it was a few days between that and o. My bbt rose on 3/23 (so a spike before o, which doesn't make sense to me), and then again this week. Now they're the highest I've had, even higher than when I got my bfp last time. I've also got a bad cold, so it's hard to tell if that's hiding other symptoms or causing a few.

I was just on the "clomid" thread telling the girls that I am having the worse nipple sensitivity ever. Which I have never had before also moody, bloated and gassy..haha I had my "o" on CD12 also had my Trigger/IUI that day. This morning I have some mild nausea. I pray these are all good things! AF is due for me on the 17th. My RE told me I could test on the 16th..I'm going crazy!

~Angie

New developement along with the sore nips and nausea..I work in a hospital and I just went to weigh myself and I have gained 7 pounds! WTH?? HAHA

Clomid???

~Angie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"