The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

So this is my first month doing Clomid. My doctor prescribed Provera for 10 days then to start Clomid CD3. Welll I started spotting today. I am new to this whole thing and am wondering if anyone else has had this where they started bleeding like 3 days into Provera? Now my Provera and Clomid will overlap. I guess I will call my doctor again tomorrow...she has sure been hearing from me alot lately!!!

Can Clomid affect ovulation tests?? I will be starting my clomid here in about 3 days or so.

My doctor always told me if AF started while taking Provera stop the Provera and count the first day as CD1 and go from there...

I dont know if that helps or not :shrug:

I took Prometrium instead of Provera, but I started Aaf before I finished it. My doctor told me to stop taking it and count that day as CD 1.

I haven't really had any ewcm when I o'd on Clomid, some cramping the day before this round though. My opks have been accurate too.

StayHopeful...where abouts in Texas?

I noticed your doc put you on a lesser dose than before...did she/he ever say why? Reason I am asking is because I am on 100mg and did not get a positive opk...but last year when I was on 50mg I did....maybe less is more? :shrug:

Can Clomid affect ovulation tests?? I will be starting my clomid here in about 3 days or so.

Hey, I'm not 100% sure but i've read it's best not to take OPK's until 2/3 days after you have finished taking clomid as it can give false readings.

I am no OPK expert but FX for you x

StayHopeful...where abouts in Texas?

I noticed your doc put you on a lesser dose than before...did she/he ever say why? Reason I am asking is because I am on 100mg and did not get a positive opk...but last year when I was on 50mg I did....maybe less is more? :shrug:

I'm in the Houston area.

I started on 50mg but the doctor said I responded pretty enthusiastically. I o'd both cycles and the second time was a double o, but the second time my endometrial lining was only 4mm which my doctor said can be caused by too high of a clomid dose. He said people with PCOS can sometimes be very sensitive to Clomid. Evidently my pre-o follicles and my corpus luteums after o were also pretty big. So he wanted to see if I responded better to a lower dose, which I did.

Oh how cool. I live in Baytown :)

I have PCOS...and so far after 5 attempts on Clomid...no ovulation accept maybe once if you count progesterone levels of 8.6 ovulation...My doc is demanding my husband and I have a office consult woith him in regards to my HSG and hubbys SA results...he wont do it over the phone....reckon something is wrong?

Usually they call you in if something is wrong....so yes, be prepared. More often than not, it's usually a pretty easy fix. :)

If you start spotting on provera/prometrium...as already said, count that as CD1 and stop taking it. Begin your clomid on whatever days you had planned to.

With clomid...yes....more is not always better. We all respond differently and some women who don't respond on a higher dose WILL respond to a lower dose. I have a friend who took as little as 25mg/day.

I have a question for you ladies....when I was prescribed my provera, I was ultrasounded in office and told that I had a 4mm lining. Will I even bleed at all, or should I just go ahead and start the clomid? Thoughts?

Usually they call you in if something is wrong....so yes, be prepared. More often than not, it's usually a pretty easy fix. :)

I have a question for you ladies....when I was prescribed my provera, I was ultrasounded in office and told that I had a 4mm lining. Will I even bleed at all, or should I just go ahead and start the clomid? Thoughts?

i read som1 said the same thing happend to her, she did not bleed so she got another rx for more provera n ended up having af
also r u 100% sure u r not pg ?
this same thing is haunting me that i am soo optimistic in starting provera n wat if i dont get af

I think I am going to stop taking opk's at home and just wait for the cd 21 blood draw results, I am losing my mind with all these negative opk's.

I had an egg showing on my cbfm today!! I am praying this means the clomid did the trick and gave me a boost :)

Say a prayer!

So this is my first month doing Clomid. My doctor prescribed Provera for 10 days then to start Clomid CD3. Welll I started spotting today. I am new to this whole thing and am wondering if anyone else has had this where they started bleeding like 3 days into Provera? Now my Provera and Clomid will overlap. I guess I will call my doctor again tomorrow...she has sure been hearing from me alot lately!!!
My dr told me if I started af while taking provera to discontinue use and that would be cycle day 1, EVEN if it was only spotting. So I guess you'll be starting Clomid in a couple of days.

My dr told me if I started af while taking provera to discontinue use and that would be cycle day 1, EVEN if it was only spotting. So I guess you'll be starting Clomid in a couple of days.

I will be starting Clomid tomorrow!!!!!!! Kind of nervous for some reason. More nervous wondering if it is going to work or if it is going to be another disappointing month.

Oh, i'm definitely sure i'm not preggo. They ultrasounded me right in the office before giving me the provera....and I hadn't ovulated on my own for MONTHS so the chance of spontaneously ovulating and conceiving in the few days from the ultrasound to the provera Rx would be next to impossible. lol

They checked my ovaries during the scan too, and I had EIGHT immature follies, which would explain why I wasn't ovulating. None of them were "taking control" and maturing to a level that they would pop. :( Boo. Lazy ovaries. lol

I CAN'T WAIT until I get to take my clomid. I am SOOOOOOO excited. :)

I've read the minimum lining to sustain a pregnancy is about 6mm....but ideal is 8-10mm.

Hi ladies, AF showed again today. I knew I was out yesterday after my temp dropped, I had a good cry about it and and then decided that I just need a break. We're still going to ttc this cycle, but my doctor isn't going to monitor me since I responded really well to the 25mg of Clomid so he doesn't feel like I need to do scans this time around. I gave my thermometer, opks, and hpts to my best friend tonight and she's going to hide them from me this cycle. She also put a password that I don't know on my phone app so I can't track my cm or symptoms or anything. I think I'm also going to take a BnB break. We're still going to bd every other day once AF is gone, but I feel like ttc has completely taken over my life and I can't handle another disappointing day like yesterday. I need a month where everything doesn't revolve around ttc. So I wish all of you the best of luck, hopefully when I check back in I'll see a whole bunch of :bfp:, maybe even mine!

Does anybody have any experience with the trigger? I will be 9 days past the shot tomorrow and would like to see if it gets out of my system before I get a positive and stress that it is a false positive. Woudl tomorrow be a good day to get a negative after the trigger?

:hugs:

Hi.. I'm on clomid 100mg for 5days. It's been a year since my miscarriage so I'm praying for things to work out for me this time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->