The Collective: First Trimester and Beyond!

Hi MemmaJ! :hi: Congrats on getting your bfp!

I'm 5 weeks as of today, so I'm not far ahead of you :D - Honestly I don't think any of my pregnant "feelings" started to become noticeable until last week, so they might start sneaking up on you here soon, lol.. Who knew feeling sick, cranky, bloated and exhausted would be something we'd WANT to happen? :laugh2:

Thank you :)
My last pregnancy (almost 11 years ago!), I didn't feel any different until about 13/14 weeks - and that was twins! So I don't really know what or why I'm expecting to be different this time..!
Think it's because it was planned, and we tried for a long time.. I sill can't allow myself to believe it until I feel it or see it..!

Have you got any appointments or scans or anything booked yet Amber?

I have my first appointment and ultrasound on April 15th :) They said with the multiple positives and digital tests there was no need to come in before I was 8 weeks unless I started cramping or bleeding.. I guess my insurance won't cover just going in for a pregnancy test/confirmation, but will cover any appointments after confirmation. So they basically saved me an out of pocket appointment, lol So far so good. I'm just so impatient! I feel like after seeing someone it will fully sink in and feel more real to me. I've still been randomly taking my extra cheapie tests just to ease my mind. I honestly didn't feel like it was going to happen this time. :D

Hey ladies Congrats on your :bfp:!!!

Im back on baby and bump.. I started here 5 years ago while trying to conceive with my first baby.. Now she's a happy and healthy 4.5 year old..

Just got my :bfp: a few weeks ago, figured I need to get back to it and talk to ladies that are going thru the same things... My DH must be sick of me giving him the run down of me being tired and crampy and just feeling uuuugh... LOL...

Has anyone else seemed really crampy since they first found out?? I have no bleeding just crampy.. I've read its normal and everything is just stretching down there.. but still nervous...

I feel completely wiped out too.. Feel I could take a nap at any sec of the day.. hahahaha... and my appetite is huge right now I just feel sick after I eat.. very gassy and crampy after eatting too..

My first appt is April 10th and 1st ultrasound is April 13th.. We are keeping it to ourselves until we hear a heartbeat... Anyone else out there doing the same??

Welcome to the Collective Melsue, Feel free to rant, complain, ask questions or just talk.

I've had some cramping- but nothing horrible, just light and intermittent things. I can relate to being tired a lot though.

My next appointment is April 3rd, but I've told some close family about my little bean.

Hey everyone im really gassy today sorry tmi lol... feeling quite emotional aswell bleurgh hope ur all well xx

I am horribly moody! My OH doesn't know what's hit him..!

I've had bad cramping today, in the ovary area..?! Like really bad ovulation pains. I have polycystic ovaries so it could be something to do with that, but it's worried me enough today to keep checking if I'm bleeding :-/

I don't have a midwife appointment yet (I've not heard back yet after my referral), but i've booked a private ultrasound scan for 18th April (when I'll be 7+4) for my own reassurance...

I've been having some slight cramping too - right now it's more on and off and barely noticeable, but last week it was more kind of a pulling feeling, especially after stretching when I wake up. I was worried but I also read it was normal - I kind of told myself not to worry too much unless I start bleeding.

I feel like I've asked this before but my mind has been all over the place so I can't remember what anyone told me, lol so sorry to anyone that's answered me, I'm so forgetful - If I'm cramping after sex with DH, do you think I should lay off of it until I at least go in for my first appointment and make sure everything is going the way it is supposed to? I haven't bled or anything, it's just kind of a tightening and knotty feeling.. just every time we have since I found out (4 times I believe) I have had the cramping either starting right after, or the next day when I wake up. I've heard mixed answers on it, so kind of wanted personal experience advice..
Is this normal?

I've been having some slight cramping too - right now it's more on and off and barely noticeable, but last week it was more kind of a pulling feeling, especially after stretching when I wake up. I was worried but I also read it was normal - I kind of told myself not to worry too much unless I start bleeding.

I feel like I've asked this before but my mind has been all over the place so I can't remember what anyone told me, lol so sorry to anyone that's answered me, I'm so forgetful - If I'm cramping after sex with DH, do you think I should lay off of it until I at least go in for my first appointment and make sure everything is going the way it is supposed to? I haven't bled or anything, it's just kind of a tightening and knotty feeling.. just every time we have since I found out (4 times I believe) I have had the cramping either starting right after, or the next day when I wake up. I've heard mixed answers on it, so kind of wanted personal experience advice..
Is this normal?

Cramping after sex.... Hmmm I've had it happen, normally if I've orgasmed and orgasms cause cramping- that's normal in fact. This is what I found on it in fact

Cramping after orgasm during pregnancy is normal.

After an orgasm, it’s normal to feel some cramps in the uterus. These are uterine contractions, and they actually happen after any orgasm- you just didn’t feel them when you weren’t pregnant. In pregnancy, they might feel more like mild menstrual cramps. But the intensity can vary from woman to woman (and orgasm to orgasm).

Thank you! That made me feel better about it!
I'm really surprised I never knew that it happens after any orgasm.. I feel like that should be something we learn in high school Health or something, lol. Then again, they could have mentioned it and I wasn't paying attention.. I was kind of an ornery teenager in school :blush: I'm so glad I grew out of that attitude :laugh2:

I am becoming a bit of an oddity fact Know it all this pregnancy. Hehe. I looked up the cramping once it happened, I have to admit. I don't remember it being in my sex-ed classes either, but hey! we put condoms on Banana's- I remember that.

11 Days Past Testing (5 weeks 3 days estimated) Log Entry: My super sniffer is starting to really bug me because if I smell something really strong it turns my stomach a little. I haven't full on vomited since the TWW, but it's been pretty close. Peeing is becoming more and more frequent, but I am drinking more and more water. My appetite isn't very big right now- nothing sounds yummy but I have been eating.

Ahh, the classic course of putting a condom on a banana :haha:

The newest thing going on with me now is that I can't eat pizza without getting heartburn.. My all time favorite food has now turned against me, lol.
On the plus side, DH is coming home tomorrow!! You would think it would be easier for me considering we've been apart for months at a time before, and if you count when we were just friends, I didn't see him for years, lol. Now he leaves for 10 days and I go nuts all over again. Ugh. I was already an emotional person, top that with these damn increasing hormones and there's no telling how I'm going to feel about anything, lol

6w+1d for me now: I was so tired through the day at work yesterday, I literally walked into the door at home, ate dinner, and went straight to bed. I also wanted to take my bra off the entire time I was at work. Something about the fit of my old bras now is just killing me. I may have to opt for sports bras, as I am not sure I'm ready just yet to go buy maternity bras before I even see my little bean on a scan.

The last part worried me a bit - I almost fainted at work yesterday. I was standing there having a conversation with my coworkers and then it was like the lights went out (my vision went black) and as I started to see again, it felt like I was not the one controlling my arms and legs. I had to go sit down and take a few deep breaths. And I felt a little dizzy for about an hour, then I was fine. Anyone else experience anything like this??

I get it in all my pregnancies, it's low iron chick.
Not sure if you can just take a supplement or if you have to wait to see your mw xx

Freaking Out..... went the bathroom and I'm spotting. My mind is racing and immediately going to my previous M/C.

Edit @18:56 pm- Nothing on last wipe.... and am now extremely embarrassed since the spotting happened after some me time. I'm going to call my Doctor in the morning, but from Dr. Google apparently even non penetrative me time can sometimes cause spotting.

Crossing my fingers and hoping this is just a case of orgasm induced spotting.

lol - dragon glad everything is ok!! Had no idea that could cause spotting!

Exhaustion has set in.

I wore 2 bras today (a sports bra over my normal) and it seemed to help the bb issues from yesterday.

Also, started to feel a queasy feeling tonight, really hoping this isn't the beginning of ms.

Very excited to enjoy my 3 day weekend doing a whole bunch of nothing!

Mel- Thank You. I'm assuming everything is okay because the spotting (A very very light pink) stopped- it was basically a wipe and over type thing. I'm keeping an eye on it and will mention it to my doc in the morning and go from there. I had my freak out but I calmed my butt down quick to avoid causing anymore stress to the bean. *I did save the TP in case I needed to show to someone it weirdly enough*

I FINALLY got my Chicken sandwich- which has been the only thing I really wanted to eat for the past couple days. And it didn't make me Queasy!!!! I've moved into that area of issue unfortunately.

Dragon - I've been having some light pink spotting too after sex - I haven't noticed it after me time, but I definitely get the tight cramp feelings I was talking about the other day after either one.. Hubby came home today a day early so naturally we made up for the days he was gone, hahah. Before I tried (and failed) to go to sleep, when i went to the bathroom I got the light pink spotting again - of course it still scares me even though this is the second time it's happened. The first time I called my OB office and spoke to a nurse and she told me that it's completely normal and could be due to my cervix being sensitive right now, as long as I'm not severely cramping or the spotting turns into heavier bleeding.. After today though DH and I decided we should be more careful just in case and to ease our minds about it.

Update: After a restless night filled with vivid night terrors of the worst happening even though I had decided to stay zen about the spotting I woke up and... nothing. No spotting no nothing.... I have decided that me-time can wait untill after this first 12 weeks is over... Called my Doc and they said everything should be okay since it was a brief episode and to take it easy till my appointment next week- aka don't aggravate the cervix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->