The Dieting for fertility reasons thread :-)

Ah I see, I thought you were waitin to go for IVF like me an AQ. xxx

I thought thats the way we were gonna have to go... still could be though. Gotta have my CD3 & CD21 bloods next cycle (if I am not pregnant!!), OH still needs to have his SA.

I should be having my op around march time, just waiting for my letter through.

xxxx

Thanks honey.... hope you guys dont mind me sticking around though??

I am still over weight and needing treatment.

xxxxx

lol course not. it's a dieting for fertility thread, an that's what you're doing :) xxx

lol course not. it's a dieting for fertility thread, an that's what you're doing :) xxx

:hugs:

When/if I get pregnant I will be trying to stick to healthy eating too as I dont want to put all my weight back on.

xxx

Hey all x

AQ - hope you enjoyed your indulgence - i most certainly did, although a whole bottle of wine after being alcohol free definatly tok its tool :blush:

As my AF came (duh! silly me) and i now have under 20 days to my ivf referral - and i have only 3kg to lose, im gonna start the soup diet today :growlmad:

So, until the 14th feb i will be eating nothing but soup twice a day and 2 slices of toast. No alcohol, one cup of coffee a day and no fizzy :cry: I knooooowwwwww its bad for me!!! BUT i have to do this - so will most likely be grumpy for next couple of weeks lol!!!

AND im gonna do an hours worth of exercise per day...at least!! its only 2 weeks after all.......

Hi girls :)

Leilani- well done on losing half lb! its still better than a gain after a holiday and you can get back into your diet now your back ;-)

Longtobeamum-I have updated the first page hun. Sorry didnt do it sooner! well done :)

Monsterpops- woop woop! you will soon be having your IVF!! You can deffo lose the rest of the weight :)

Magpies- yaaay on the 1lb loss so far :) my loss will be crap this fri cos i ate that meal an drink an af is due tomorrow. Booooo!

Well as for me, i am completely pissed off with work! first day back today and boss pulled me in board room and said that she has added up my personal breaks(toilet breaks) over the mth and i have exceeded the allowance by 3hrs over the mth and if it continues she will be giving me a warning and so on!! wth?! my bladder has been weak since my surgery and the cold weather does not help. I dont want to be goin for a pee so bloody much! she said the big boss is wanting a Dr's letter to explain why...?!
I think its sooo against human rights. I know im goin the loo more than others but what can i do?? piss my seat? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
My mouth is a lot better on a plus note and im making beef casserole for tea and we have this wkend off now as they changed the rota last minute so gotta look on plus side. I am dreading when i have IVF though as they are hardly a caring employer if they threaten me for going the toilet often...?

xxx

Hehe thanks hun :)

God, I can't believe they have been counting your "personal breaks" That's so awful!! Do smokers get more breaks to have a cig than you? I'm assuming you're a non smoker?! Or do they have to use their cig breaks and toilet breaks out of their personal allowance? Surely they need to pee as much as th next person so are they allowed extra?

You should buy one of them shepees lol, keep it on your desk, and if your supervisor asks what it is, tell her you need it to pee in the bottle under your desk as you are afraid you are going to get a warning lol. :happydance:

xxx

^ LMAO!! Good plan Vicky!! haha.
No, smokers don't get any extra breaks.
We all get 40 mins lunch and two 10 min breaks, unpaid, then we get 10 mins "personal" time for the toilet only. Sometimes i go every hr though if i have a chill etc :-(
I just feel so stressed and i did get a lil snappy with my manager today when she pulled me over it, but i have enough stress without that carry on over goin for a wee!
Its not like i can help it, so feeling very stressed now. Plus our finances are shite and dh has basically said, go along with anything as long as i dnt get fired so not feeling great.
I can end up with a UTI from holding it in but if i dnt do that, i will end up losing my job and i dont have a leg to stand on as i have been there less than a yr. Already confirmed this with my uncle who is a lawyer xxx

haven't you got like a rep who you can discuss this with? Suppose your hubby is right though, jobs are so hard to find at the minute, and with so many people losing them, we have no chance but to take it up the bum so to speak.

Can't you get a letter off your doctor? Suppose if you're gonna need time off for IVF you're gonna have to play to their rules :(

xxx

Yeah its shit but il have to get the letter and if i still end up sacked, there is nothing i can do. I cnt stop going for a wee so have to see what happened.

Right im off to bed to sleep on things as i feel very angry today and i want to try and force a better mood for the morning cos if i lose it, they will love that.

Sweet dreams xxx

omg AQ - how rude is your employer!! If they deleted my breaks i wouldn't get paid lol!! Id just threaten to wet myself at my desk..........:happydance:

Thank you for your encouragement guys - I may have phoned my consultant yesterday and told a little white lie saying id hit target......im just sooo desperate to start :cry: we'll see how long it takes - bet theres a poxy waitlist now knowing my luck!!!

magpies - 3kgs is 7lbs ish.(1kg is 2.2lbs - bloody nhs making me think in kgs!! much preffered stones and lbs - so much more rewarding!) Im ALREADY sick of soup - so am having a bowl of bran flakes and a bowl of soup a day - oh what fun!!

Today i walked the dogs for 2.5 miles (i do this most days anyway) and did an hour of aerobics - for the 3rd time this week - :happydance: although - on 4 nights from tomorrow so dont tend to get exercise in as too tired :nope:

going back to your employer -- what would they do if u were actually preggers?? surely they cannot get away with this treatment - what do you do? xx

Hi girls :)

Well today was a lot better in work. My manager said she wants the dr note so she can give it to the main boss who is picking up on ppl's personals and she said it is so i can excused for a longer amount of time and it will be ok then. Still not ideal. She had me off the phone today doing other duties with some newbies too so feeling better today :)

I got weighed this morning and i am 16.3 today so same as last fri... dont think that meal helped and af being due. Will weigh in morning as that's my official one but doubt it will change. Going to try extra hard this wk now. Want to get below 16! :)

Just made Jollof rice an chicken for tea an its bloody lush! syn free too :)
Gonna have a yogurt for afters and some pineapple :)

Hope everyone is doing well?

Ooh btw ladies, not that you would, but anyone who i have on FB please dnt refer to work on my wall as i have a lot of managers on my FB... yep crazy i know... lol xxx

Ooo what is jollof rice? I made some mush stuff with veg and eggs and quark, it was lovely. And all free too :) DF won't usually eat meals without meat, a proper little caveman lol, but he went up for seconds. Had garlic bread with it too though so will count the syns on that. Only 3 little pieces.

Mullerlight and a blood orange for breakfast
2 weetabix with sweetner and my milk allowance for lunch.
The veg stuff for my tea
And fizzy jelly setting in the fridge :)

Just checked my syns though and 2 weetabix is 6.5 syns :wacko: good job I used it for my HEB :)

Ooh super healthy hun :)

Jollof rice is a west African dish and sooo cheap to make an tasty!

Serves 4

4 cups full of long grain white rice
(add just enough boiling water to pan to cover over rice but not any more than that)
Boil rice and keep stirring and crumble 2 chicken magi cubes(can buy from african/asian food store).

Add two tins of tomatoes to blender with a small whole chilli, large pinch of salt, and 2 heaped tsps of pepper soup flavoring powder (again from african food shop)
Blend all together and then add the mixture to the now dried out rice and cook on a simmer for 30 mins. Serve and enjoy!

It is one of my fave cheap filling meals. Once you have the pepper soup powder it lasts for ages and the other stuff is easy to find :)

xxx

Jollof rice sounds delicious -wish I were allowed rice in my diet :(

Isn't there a shop on Bold street that does spices an stuff like that. Do you reckon they'll have it? Sounds yummy :) xxx

AQ - could you please update the front page with my losses - it should read: 4.4LB 7.9LB STS 8.8LB

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->