The Dieting for fertility reasons thread :-)

AQ - could you please update the front page with my losses - it should read: 4.4LB 7.9LB STS 8.8LB

Cheers

I just update by putting this wk's loss and loss since joining this thread, so have u lost 4.4lb this wk and 8.8 total? lol. Im confused sorry xxx

Isn't there a shop on Bold street that does spices an stuff like that. Do you reckon they'll have it? Sounds yummy :) xxx

Well there are a few ethnic shops in Toxteth area round near the mosque so you will deffo get some in there if not in bold street xxx

Cheers hun, will keep my eyes open for it.

Is it sad that I'm actually looking forward to going shopping on Tuesday? I'm sat going through sw website lookin for recipes, and have found a recipe for syn free lemon souffle and one for syn free lemon mousse. Ooo I love lemony puddings, can't wait to try them :)

xxx

Lemon Soufflé

Serves: 4
Prep time:
Cook time:
Syns per serving:
Extra Easy FREE Original FREE green FREE

ingredients

1 sachet gelatine
finely grated rind & juice of 3 lemons
6 eggs, separated
6 level tbsp artificial sweetener
283g/10oz fat-free natural fromage frais
method

1. Soak the gelatine in the lemon juice. Meanwhile, take a 15cm/6" soufflé dish and wrap some foil or baking parchment around the outside of the dish to stand 5-7½cm/2-3" above the top of the dish. Tie in place with string.

2. Beat the egg yolks, then add the sweetener and grated lemon rind. Put the gelatine and lemon juice in a small saucepan and heat gently until dissolved. Stir into the egg yolks, then fold in the fromage frais.

3. Beat the egg whites until stiff and then fold into the lemon mixture using a metal spoon. Pour into the prepared soufflé dish and chill in the refrigerator until set.

Tip: The government advises that because of a very slight risk of salmonella, vulnerable people such as the elderly, babies and pregnant women should not eat raw eggs.

Agar agar can be used instead of gelatine if preferred.

Lemon mousse
Serves: 1
Prep time: 30 minutes + cooling time
Cook time:
Syns per serving:
Extra EasyFREEOriginalFREEgreenFREE
ingredients

grated rind & juice of 2 lemons
8 level tbsp artificial sweetener
3 eggs, separated
2 tbsp hot water
1 sachet gelatine
170g/6 oz fat-free natural fromage frais
1 egg white
pinch of salt or cream of tartar
method

1. Put the grated lemon rind and juice in a bowl with the sweetener and egg yolks. Stand over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until lemon in colour and beginning to thicken (approximately 10-15 minutes).

2. Pour the hot water into a small basin, sprinkle in the gelatine and stir well. Stand in a saucepan of simmering water, and leave until the gelatine has dissolved. Stir the dissolved gelatine into the lemon custard and leave until beginning to set.

3. Fold the fromage frais into the setting lemon mixture. Whisk the 4 egg whites and salt or cream of tartar together until peaking.

4. Using a metal spoon, fold the egg whites into the setting lemon mixture. Pour into a serving dish and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.

Tip: Agar agar can be used instead of gelatine if preferred.

AQ - could you please update the front page with my losses - it should read: 4.4LB 7.9LB STS 8.8LB

Cheers

I just update by putting this wk's loss and loss since joining this thread, so have u lost 4.4lb this wk and 8.8 total? lol. Im confused sorry xxx

Oh I see, I've lost 0.9 this last week and 8.8 in total.

I was a bit confused, as all that was there was my first 4.4!

Cheers

Cheers

Oh I see, I've lost 0.9 this last week and 8.8 in total.

I was a bit confused, as all that was there was my first 4.4!

Cheers

ah right. Lol.
Its probs cos u didnt update ur loss one wk and i do it wkly :)
Il update now as 0.9lb loss then? is that a pound? im not with it today:blush:

Well done on total loss hun. If u update me with each wk's loss i will update 1st page every wk:thumbup:

Hope everyone else is doing well?

I have got weighed and STS this wk but i did have that meal on mon an af is due any day now so that won't help. Ah well onwards and upwards for this wk! I have eaten healthy today but just had a drifter bar(maybe 15 syns?) as i am craving choccy :)
Having boiled potato with fish and peas for tea xxx

Ah a sts is good if you've been naughty :)

I've been naughty today, gonna be naughty on Sunday, and very naughty on tuesday, so no syns for me for the next month lol.

xxx

Haha!
Well im gonna be mega good from now as i have a few naughty things coming up in feb such as 2 birthday nites out and meals etc... lol xxx

lol. we need to kick (hehe I typed lick by mistake then, and just spotted it before I posted haha, woops) each others arses into gear! You on the Wii tonight? xxx

Glad you changes that L to a K ....:haha::haha::haha:

Yeah im going on the wii fit after the soaps for 30 mins.
Gonna do it over wkend aswell and get some walking in.
will be mad if i dont lose 4lb by next fri as i need to be referred for IVF
asap as i am starting to get depressed over things now.
The receptionist in work is pregnant and her bump is just starting to show so will have bump envy every day in work now. I get sooo jealous!:blush:

xxx

Me too, poop innit. My sister is 9 months pregnant, was due Tuesday just gone. Been quite upset about it all but now I've got my head around doin IVF this year, well, bein refferred anyway, I've got quite excited. When do you think you'll have lost enough weight by?
xxx

Well im thinking i would of lost enough weight by mid march? what about you?
I think once we are referred we get info evening around a mth later, then taking into account blood and semen tests etc another mth and then a mth waiting for af so all in all around 3mths from referrel, treatment should start... so a long process but should mean we will be starting DR around mid/end of June? xxx

Well if I lose 3lb a week, that will take me to my maximum weight by mid march too. But once I get close, hopefully by beginnin of March, once I am nearly there, I will make my appointment with my FS to be refferred. :happydance:

God, it makes me feel so excited thinking about it. Roll on injecting myself haha. I'm scared of needles, but I am actually looking forward to all this lol. :dohh:

Looks like if we stay on track we'll be going through it all together :D

Now I feel guilty for today :(

xxx

Vicky it looks like we will be deffo going through it together then ;-)

I wish neither of us had to go through it, but we can help eachother through it all and we will have to go the next fertility support group in march at LWH? I can find out date and we can meet up there if u fancy it. Be intresting to go along and meet other women who have been through it xxx

Yea sounds good :) Are we allowed to just turn up though? Or is it somethin different than the IVF info evening we go to with our other halves? xxx

Yeah you can just turn up as its just a support group and most women go without partners so its nothing like info evening :)
Will be so nice to support eachother. I will message you a link on FB for a LWH support group i use in a bit ;-)

Oh i have just made fairy cakes (lil tiny ones) and me an dh had 4 each... ah well. Tomorrow i am back on it! its hard at the moment tho as not much variety of food intill we get paid on monday and go shopping! lol. Miss my fruit and stuff xxx

Urgh I'm the same. Payday monday, shopping tuesday. We are nearly out of veg. All out of mullerlights and fruit. :( Have some lemon and thyme salmon in the freezer from Tesco which is free so will conjour somethin up to have with that for tomorrow, then havin a date night on Sunday. Will just have to snack on HEB bread and egga haha. Or ham omlettes. Or beans an poached eggs haha. I have a few pasta'n'sauce things too so I should be ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->