The Dieting for fertility reasons thread :-)

Morning girls :)

Hope we all have a fab wkend!
I just had shredded wheat with activia fat free yogurt for brekky. was lush!
Going to have tuna pasta with salad for lunch and for tea im having 2 pork steaks with sweet potato wedges and veggies :)

Longtobeamum- sorry got off chat so quick last night. DH came to bed an was nosing at the chat so got it closed ;-)

xxx

Hi everyone -

Vesta - so sorry for your loss sweetheart xx

AQ - you go girl, get in that zone!! I have 9 days to go now - and still 2kg to lose - but i WILL do it.

Have had a really bad cold this week, which hasnt helped matters as no exercise :shrug:

My consultant rang me yesterday though, and shes ordered my final minute U/S and blood tests just to make sure i havent caught HIV in last 6 months (if i have hubby has a lot to answer to!!) Which means its all def underway - as to whether i still have to wait for aprils cycle who knows - but to be honest, as long as ive got things like blood tests etc to be getting on with thats ok with me. I need a focus nowadays :baby:

Massive massive fingers, toes, arms and everything else crossed for IVF success this year everyone - everyone is doing so well!!

Ooo Monsterpops how exciting!! You must be so thrilled that it's all getting started :)

Haha don't worry about it AQ.

My plan today:

B: poached eggs on 1 slice toast (1/2 HEB)
L: Huge bowl of syn free butternut squash and pepper soup with 1 piece of bread (Other 1/2 of HEB)
T: 2 sweet chilli salmon fillets with sweet potato mash/jacket and rocket salad with red onion. (Maybe a bit of cheese with it for my HEA.)

Good luck on your diets today girlies

xxx

Ooh not long now monsterpops! is this when u are having your info evening or 1st cons appt?
Our referral was sent on the 1st so will be a while before we hear from them i think but glad ball is rolling! :)

Been good all day and going to make my tea now xxx

hi ladies. AF showed up overnight, which was a day earlier than expected (not that I was tracking my ovulation this month), which also means it's the start of my mini-IVF cycle. Not too sure how that's going to effect my weight loss - as I need to be eating lots of protein and goodies that heklp with my eggs. I think I'll stick with the shakes for brekkie and lunch, but have more milk and a bigger protein portion for my dinner, I'll still keep away from the carbs. Also not sure what the drugs might do to me - my previous 2 cycles I put on about 3 kg each time (I'm back to my first cycle starting weight), but I'm on much lower doses this time, so we'll see.

Hope you are all having guilt-free fodd weekends!

Hey - my consultant has sent the referral, and im seeing her on 14th to go through process etc - will hopefully get some kind of schedule then - I'm rather apprehensive - but believe it or not my acupuncturist has managed to make me ovulate day 14 (rather than 17-18) so i can concentrate on bd'ing and tww til then!! Which also means super healthy lol!! You never know right!! I have the sperm, the egg, the timing, god knows how many drugs - now all that egg has to do is get fertilised and wind its way down my rickety crappy tube......

I'm gonna carry on losing weight as much as i can anyway, a BMI of 25 would be rather brilliant - i plan on only getting fatter with baby - but pretty sure i'll be on target next week - provided i don't touch food lol!!

Can't believe things are finally moving hey AQ! It feels a bit weird doesnt it!! x

Leilani - How exciting!!! good luck honey!! ive got everything crossed for you!!

Leilani- Fab news! wishing u tons of luck with this cycle x

Monsterpops- Yep it deffo feels weird to get the ball rolling. Feels like my life has been passing me by since last July when we lost the 2nd bubs and tube... be good to have hope again and please god a pregnancy in my womb at last :)

Well i have been good today. Fancied something sweet earlier so made some weight watchers packet mix lemon drizzle mini muffins (very tiny,lol) and had 2 of those at 2.5 syns each and a mint choc options 2 syns. My sweet tooth is satisfied now :)

Going to plan tomorrows menu shortly. Going to hammer the Wii fit tomorrow too.

xxx

Is it too late to join?

x

Of course it isn't!:winkwink:
Nice to have a new face in here to join us:happydance:
Welcome to our lil thread.

If you let me know what diet you are doing and your weigh in day, i will add you to the first page :)

xxx

Is it too late to join?

x

If you let me know what diet you are doing and your weigh in day, i will add you to the first page :)

xxx

Yipee thank you!! :happydance:

I start tomorrow, so Monday will be weigh in day. I'm a serial weigher though but will try not to weigh everyday.

I'm doing Slimming World but just using the books at home.

We qualify for our one NHS go at IVF August 2012 and I need to get my BMI to 30. I need to lose 4 stone, eek!, is it even possible??.

Does anyone else have PCOS and are doing SW?. I have done it before and to be honest didn't have great losses but I cannot stick to other diets as I get sooooo hungry.

x

Is it too late to join?

x

xxx

I start tomorrow, so Monday will be weigh in day. I'm a serial weigher though but will try not to weigh everyday.

We qualify for our one NHS go at IVF August 2012 and I need to get my BMI to 30. I need to lose 4 stone, eek!, is it even possible??.

Does anyone else have PCOS and are doing SW?. I have done it before and to be honest didn't have great losses but I cannot stick to other diets as I get sooooo hungry.

x

Welcome to the thread fairy gem :)

I have PCOS too, and am doing the sw from home. I also had 4 stone to lose for IVF, although I have nearly lost my first stone, will find out at when I weigh in tomorrow, eeek!!

xxx

Is it too late to join?

x

xxx

x

Welcome to the thread fairy gem :)

I have PCOS too, and am doing the sw from home. I also had 4 stone to lose for IVF, although I have nearly lost my first stone, will find out at when I weigh in tomorrow, eeek!!

xxx

Thanks!

Good luck for tomorrow!

How have you found the losses?, how long have you been doing SW?. I'm hoping it's realistic to lose 4 stone by next August with PCOS, of course I would love to lose it alot sooner though!.

I'm going to do mainly green days.

x

xxx[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Good luck for tomorrow!

How have you found the losses?, how long have you been doing SW?. I'm hoping it's realistic to lose 4 stone by next August with PCOS, of course I would love to lose it alot sooner though!.

I'm going to do mainly green days.

x[/QUOTE]

I've found the losses ok. I started in Jan, had a really good week my first week, then a stay the same, I think my progress is on a post on page 5 if you want to look.

I'm doin the extra easy plan. OH is doing it too, and he has lost a stone. According to my plan on SW website, I will have lost the weight by end of may. If I stick to it! hehe. I think August is a pretty good target!

xxxx

Fairy gem, i am doing sw too :)
Have lost 30lb so far and have another 26lb to lose to get bmi ok for IVF.
Had our referral sent on the 1st :)
I have PCOS and lost both fallopian tubes due to 2 ectopics.
Deffo you will lose 4 stones by next summer! ;-) I LOVE sw. Allows you to have a social life and sweets etc and a really healthy diet :)

I have been in the pub watchin the match with my mum and had few glasses wine.
I had a lil chart with my syns on an barman was takin the piss sayin just get the btl! lmao! told him that im being good and i was! lol. All drinks were syned and i still have syns for the wk so proud of myself cos the mood im in i could of drank them dry! lol xxx

longtobeamum...

Thanks hun, I'll have a peek at page 5.

I might have a look at joining online.

x

africaqueen...

Well done!!, how long have you been doing it?. Are you also on Extra Easy?

Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear of your ectopics and the loss of your tubes. :hugs:

Sorry for all the questions ladies. :blush:

x

africaqueen...

Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear of your ectopics and the loss of your tubes. :hugs:

x

Hiya hun :)
I have been doing SW since may 10. Went off it for 3mths after 2nd ectopic in July 10 and still managed to lose 30lb since then :)
I am properly on plan now as the referral has been sent to the IVF clinic so need to get BMI to 30 or below before treatment :)
I do the EE plan as i love pasta, rice or spuds with my meat :)

Just making chicken with noodles and omlette now for work tomorrow :)

xxx

africaqueen...

x

Hiya hun :)
I have been doing SW since may 10. Went off it for 3mths after 2nd ectopic in July 10 and still managed to lose 30lb since then :)
I am properly on plan now as the referral has been sent to the IVF clinic so need to get BMI to 30 or below before treatment :)
I do the EE plan as i love pasta, rice or spuds with my meat :)

Just making chicken with noodles and omlette now for work tomorrow :)

xxx

Well done hun, you've done really well!

Yum!

x

Hi Fairy_gem and welcome! You can totally lose 4 stone by next August - go for it honey!!

Im not doing sw, but i wish you the best of luck and hope it works for you!

This thread is great and really supportive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"