The Dieting for fertility reasons thread :-)

longtobeamum - Dont beat yourself up about the weight gain - it'll come off next week, plus its good to have a break every now and then - kickstarts your metabolism xx

Aww AQ - how sweet of your OH - Hope you have a great belated valentines.

My appointment went brilliantly!!! Im having day 3 bloods next week and they will then start my treatment next cycle (due 22nd march) I am proper over the moon - quite emotional though yesterday - for happy reasons for once!!

Now i actually want AF to come - dont care if this cycles a bust lol!! Im gonna carry on losing weight aswell. Oh - and at my weigh in my bmi was 29.7!!!!!!!! Happy happy happy days!!! (need to change ticker) so have lost another 4.4lb since last monday!! woop!

I may have eaten chinese last night though!!! xxxx

Well done Monsterpops! fab loss and u must be so happy to have things moving forward!

Hello to everyone else.

I am still off work sick :-( In a fair bit of pain and not been too good on plan again... this wk is a crappy one! i am going to try my best to rein in a bit tho. In agony and and sad watching my mum so ill an my dad stressed so really struggling :-(

I hope i dont get sacked from work for bring off this wk. Only had 2 days off since last Aug so this my 3rd sickness and never had a verbal warning before, so u should be ok?
Got enough stress at the moment without losing my job cos money very tight.

I have bought a tiger prawn noodle salad for tea but wont have the sachet of dressing so should be ok? xxx

Just had a phone call from FS clinic...

Hospital just called and they said im right about being referred to IVF clinic rather than their infertility unit so cancelled appt an Dr receptionist said she will sort out the referral to the IVF clinic asap :) so a glimmer of hope an all the mre reason to lose the weight as my bmi has to be 30 to be accepted for NHS treatment xxx

Just had a phone call from FS clinic...

Hospital just called and they said im right about being referred to IVF clinic rather than their infertility unit so cancelled appt an Dr receptionist said she will sort out the referral to the IVF clinic asap :) so a glimmer of hope an all the mre reason to lose the weight as my bmi has to be 30 to be accepted for NHS treatment xxx

Fantastic news hon :happydance:

You should be fine at work, but i hope you are all feeling MUCH better soon!!! :flower::flower::flower:

Cheer up sweetness :hugs::hugs:

P.S Im panicking a bit lol - im 9dpo and im bleeding extremely lightly in an implantation kind of way........actually panicking because i need to have day 3 bloods and need to catch it - so panicking that ive fallen - can u believe that??????? Sorry - just needed to tell someone and you're all so supportive.

See, ive had no symptoms this month until my boobs starting hurting today - and now this - plus i was really grumpy yesterday (figured it was cos of hosp - even though it was good news) and today ive been silly emotional - cried loads this evening before bleeding over losing my dog 3 years back - which i was devastated over and still have the odd cry over, but not sob for no reason.

Actually panicking...........what if ive fallen and its ectopic again.....this is gonna screw up ivf......help......sorry!!! maybe its my period 5 days early.......maybe its stress......

Hun, try not to panic.
Stress can bugger us right up hormonally... but, it could be implantation bleeding and it could be a uterine pregnancy, so fingers x'd! Why dont u test at 11dpo and see what it says? also IVF can make the risk of ectopic slightly higher so could be a fab thing if u fall naturally xxx

Thank you - I just needed a voice of reason!! I'll update you as soon as i know anything......

Well girls, went to Dr's to collect my sick note and the referral was sent today to LWH!! At last we got it sorted out! The receptionist said she typed it up herself and got it signed off by GP so just a waiting game now and mega diet drive! i would imagine if my appt with the local fertility clinic wasnt till 5th april then il probs wait even longer for LWH but il be dieting as if the appt is 5th april and losing as much flab as i can before my 1st appt :)

Been good today. Went to farm shop and got more eggs which are delish! an went to syn free butchers and got some chorizo sausages which im going to have with spicy rice and spinach for tea. Yummy! Feeling a lot better today too. still tired but on the mend!

How is everyone else doing? Not had many updates on losses etc?

Magpies- where r u chick?? xxxx

OMG!! Just had WI and i have lost 4lb!!!:happydance:

I must of done really well last wk when i didnt manage to weigh in as i have been naughty this wk a few times! lol.

I am finally under the 16 mark! I weigh 15.12:happydance:
Still a long way to go but im well on the way.

My target loss for this wk is 5lb as il be eating lots of SS foods and walking a lot, plus using my wii fit every day. Just want to drag myself well away from the 16 mark:happydance:

I dont even know where any of u ladies are? but hope u come back so we can support eachother towards our goals of weight loss and pregnancy xxx

Nice to see you back Vicky! :)
Wonder where everyone else is?? Not heard from magpies for a while.

Well i am going to bed soon cos im up in the morning an me an dh are going for our induction at the gym! i have not set foot in one for 5yrs so should be fun! haha.
God loves a trier eh?

xxx

Well had our induction in the gym an i really enjoyed it!
We did a 40 min work out and we are going again tomorrow afternoon :)
I am going for a mile walk with my dad now whilst dh watches the match.
Feeling sooo determined now!

Hope any of you ladies that arent posting are still reading an doing well xxx

Well had our induction in the gym an i really enjoyed it!
We did a 40 min work out and we are going again tomorrow afternoon :)
I am going for a mile walk with my dad now whilst dh watches the match.
Feeling sooo determined now!

Hope any of you ladies that arent posting are still reading an doing well xxx

Hi AfricaQueen
its nice to see you again...I missed you on the Feb loveBugs thread. I had my beautiful baby girl 2 1/2 weeks ago and gained probably 80 lbs on top of needing to lose 50 when I conceived. I would love to be pregnant in a years time again but I was so uncomfortable this pregnancy due to my weight that I know it would be unsafe to get pregnant again this overweight (I am worried about GD and bloodpressure). Anyway - I want to join this group. My husband has been weighing me (as I am scared to look at the scale) and he said I have lost over 30 lbs since the birth (swelling?). I am guesstamating how much I weight but I would like to lose about 90-95 lbs in the next yr or yr and 1/2. I haven't been officially dieting yet but I have been trying to watch more - once I get more settled with mommyhood I am considering joining weigh watchers and excercising once I feel healed.

Hi Siegal and welcome!

Congrats on the birth of your beautiful daughter!

Well let me know what day your weigh in is and il add you to the front page :)

Good luck xxx

Well, after another bad week, I've finally kicked my bum into gear, and got up this mornin an started off healthy! Got a pan of butternut squash soup on the hob, an using up some fruit.

We've been having a bit of trouble with our fridge recently, and it froze everything. So all the fruit and veg got froze, then defrosted, and has gone really manky! So I've had to chuck out sooo much veg!! Plus I had my purse stolen the other day, with quite a bit of money in, so now I'm skint! Plus some of it was OH's, and he made me give it him back, said it was my own stupid fault an why should he pay for my mistake! Tw*t!! And now I can't afford to go and buy more fruit and veg :(

xxx

Omg Vicky, cant believe that your OH made u give him back the money after ur purse was stolen!! why are men such tw**s?! ((hugs))
Soon be payday hun and then u can go and treat yourself! we should meet up within a few wks i think. Have a girls only day and bugger the selfish men ;-)

Well i have had a nice wkend which makes a change! lol. Yesterday i went the gym with dh and we had a good laugh and then we went the shops for a few bits and spent the whole day together which was really nice and i won £20 on a scratch card and i never win so really happy with that! Today we have just had our brekky in bed (bacon on toast and beans) and we are going the gym again later for another 40 mins or so :)

I am glad ur determination is back Vicky. Its bloody hard and i should know with all the stress i have got at the moment, but ultimately if we want our babies then we HAVE to do this ;-)

xxx

Hi Siegal and welcome!

Congrats on the birth of your beautiful daughter!

Well let me know what day your weigh in is and il add you to the front page :)

Good luck xxx

I think I will do Fridays, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back