The Dieting for fertility reasons thread :-)

Hiya girls :)

Pinkee- WELL DONE! Brilliant loss! x

Longtobeamum- WHOOP WHOOP! Sooo glad u are back on plan ;-) x

Magpies- I get like that when im not well too. Hope u feel better soon x

MP-We all have off wks and u have done amazing so far ;-) how much did u gain?
Also ur friend is more than welcome here! the more the merrier x

Well i have had a ok day... AF very heavy and felt crap all day in work :-( had porridge for breakfast(heb and hea) and for lunch i had a chicken and mushroom pasta n sauce with chicken breast and a shape zero yogurt. Then tonight i have had rice with a iceland chicken curry... no idea how many syns but i was starving... then 4 ww oatmeal biscuits and a apple. Yikes a shitty day again :-( deffo being better tomorrow. Just so worn out today that i didnt care what i ate after barely sleeping last night :-(
Deffo planning better tomorrow tho. Making chicken stir fry for lunch xxx

Hi ladies, sory I've been MIA, but we got some bad news two weeks ago. Basically I didn't respond to clomid (after 5 days on 150mg my E2 level was 152 - which is low for a regular day 3 let alone day 8 after the clomid), so our IVF cycle has been cancelled and our FS has said the only option left to us now is donor eggs. Unless we can recruit our own donor, we are unlikely to get an egg, as ladies here just don't sign up for donation. Our best bet is to look at an overseas clinic, and the top runner at the moment is in South Africa - so we'll see.

In weight-loss news, I have now lost 7kg in total, which is 15.4lbs, so I'm happy with that - for now. This morning I decided to wear heals to school (haven't done that in forever) and several of my kids noticed, and my favourite boy even stopped to talk to me at lunchtime and told me I looked nice today, so that really made my day - yay for weight loss.

Hi ladies, sory I've been MIA, but we got some bad news two weeks ago. Basically I didn't respond to clomid (after 5 days on 150mg my E2 level was 152 - which is low for a regular day 3 let alone day 8 after the clomid), so our IVF cycle has been cancelled and our FS has said the only option left to us now is donor eggs. Unless we can recruit our own donor, we are unlikely to get an egg, as ladies here just don't sign up for donation. Our best bet is to look at an overseas clinic, and the top runner at the moment is in South Africa - so we'll see.

In weight-loss news, I have now lost 7kg in total, which is 15.4lbs, so I'm happy with that - for now. This morning I decided to wear heals to school (haven't done that in forever) and several of my kids noticed, and my favourite boy even stopped to talk to me at lunchtime and told me I looked nice today, so that really made my day - yay for weight loss.

Oh hun! That is bad news - I dont really know what to suggest sorry :shrug:

Im surprised you wont get a donated one here - a lot of the clinics in london offer free cycles of ivf for egg donation - so im assuming they then use the eggs, could those clinics be worth a try? sorry if its a bad suggestion.

Fantastic about your 7kg loss though!!! :happydance:

Good luck honey xxxxx

AQ - gained 4lbs :cry: am a bad girl! it'll go this week though!!!

Leilani- I am so sorry the cycle was cancelled. That is sad news about your eggs but not all hope has gone. It only takes one to get pregnant. If a miracle does not come, maybe adoption? i am sorry. You must feel gutted. Well done on the weight loss tho cos thats fab.

MP- 4lb you will soon have off and get back on track and u have done fab so far ;-)

I have been good today and hoping for 1-2lb off by WI on friday xxx

Im surprised you wont get a donated one here - a lot of the clinics in london offer free cycles of ivf for egg donation - so im assuming they then use the eggs, could those clinics be worth a try? sorry if its a bad suggestion.

It's a great suggestion - if I lived in the UK! I had a look a few UK clinics' websites and they charge about £6000 pounds for a donor egg cycle - add that to flights and it's really expensive. we probably will go to South Africa - as yu get to select your donor - it's anonymous, but you can see baby pictures of the donor and see their characteristics like height, hair colour, eye colour, qualifications etc.

It's a great suggestion - if I lived in the UK! I had a look a few UK clinics' websites and they charge about £6000 pounds for a donor egg cycle - add that to flights and it's really expensive. we probably will go to South Africa - as yu get to select your donor - it's anonymous, but you can see baby pictures of the donor and see their characteristics like height, hair colour, eye colour, qualifications etc.

bugger - sorry :blush: dammit lol! The south africa one sounds great though (plus its a nicer loacation - go on safari while you're there its fantastic lol - yep, i know, not made of money!)

And as AQ says - miracles do happen, hell, ive been hoping for one for as long as i can remember!! good luck darling xxxx

Just had WI and i have lost.... 4lbs!!! :) I am soooo happy!
I have now lost in total since i started slimming world last may 39lb!!
My weight is 15.7 for the first time in yrs!! i am sooo made up.

Hope everyone is doing well. Off to work for me and then im off for 6 days! yaaay xxx

AQ that is amazing. Really well done you!!!!!!

Should be proud of yourself!! Only 2.5 BMI points to go!!!

xxx

Thanks girls! Just realised it is infact thur today and not fri tho, so not my official WI! LMAO. I am losing my mind! cnt see it changing much in a day tho. I will WI morning and if any change il update. lol. My head been battered this wk as i have been supervising and taking all the complaint calls so not been a good wk! I am now off for 6 whole days! yaaay.

Magpies- How are u doing hun?

Longtobeamum- Hope u are being good lady ;-)

xxx

I keep forgetting to weigh myself in the morning. Dont think ive lost but dont think ive put on either.

Xx

Hi girls :)
had "official" WI this morning and still 15.7 so all good! lol.
Off work intill next thur now and weather is beautiful so glad im off! hehe.
Going to get plenty of walks and gym sessions in whilst im off as got a boozy nite tomorrow with my friends for a birthday so looking forward to that.
Aiming for 3lb off this wk and then i will of lost 3 stones in total.

Magpies- step on the scales and lets update the 1st page mrs ;-) Not long till your lap now is it? x

Longtobeamum- Hows it going hun? seen ur updates on FB and u seem to be doing well x

Hi to everyone else and please update us on any losses so i can update 1st page xxx

Hey AQ.

They put my lap back till the 22nd March. I was so upset. So its not on tues now, its 17 days away. Feels like an age!!

Well I got on the scales this morning and I have lost the 2lbs I put on on my break so I am now 14 st 6 and my ticker is correct again. 13lbs to go!!
xxxx

AQ - Well done!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic news!!!

I think im back down to bmi 29.7 having lost my 4lbs - lots of gym, no food this week lol - but i will weigh in monday! xx

Hi AQ,
mazel tov on your 4 lb loss - when I read it yesterday I was super jealous. But today I lost 4 lbs also!!! yay! only 90 to go :dohh:before I will start trying for next baby!

Magpies, MP and SIEGAL- Well done on the losses!

Magpies- 17 days is nothing hun ;-) soon be here. I have 6 whole wks to wait for 1st IVF clinic appt an then god knows how long to start it... this ttc with fertility issues is a waiting game but we will be rewarded one day im sure x

Longtobeamum-Hope its going well? x

I have just been naughty and ate some coconut mushroom sweets... but i am going the gym in the morning and im going to have a chicken stir fry for supper so not all bad :)

xxx

Magpies, MP and SIEGAL- Well done on the losses!

Magpies- 17 days is nothing hun ;-) soon be here. I have 6 whole wks to wait for 1st IVF clinic appt an then god knows how long to start it... this ttc with fertility issues is a waiting game but we will be rewarded one day im sure x

Longtobeamum-Hope its going well? x

I have just been naughty and ate some coconut mushroom sweets... but i am going the gym in the morning and im going to have a chicken stir fry for supper so not all bad :)

xxx

maybe its a British thing but "coconut mushroom sweets" perhaps its like that "mincemeat pie" not really meat --- so its not really mushroom??? or u guys just eat some weird stuff over there... :haha:

^ LMAO!
Yeah its basically sweets that are shaped like mushrooms with flakes of coconut on top.
I always thought it was weird to call mince meat that too cos its hardly meat is it?! lol.

Ooh why u are here, what is a twinky bar?? hear it all the time on movies and not got a clue... lol xxx

twinkie is like a mass manufactuted delish but total crap assembly line dessert cake. its single serving yellow light golden cake with a sickly sweet cream inside. it has like cult status here --- hence u hearing it in movies alot.

Attachments

• Hostess_twinkies_tweaked.jpg
    Hostess_twinkies_tweaked.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 3
Ooooh sounds yummy an calorie laden! haha. Cant get them here so will try one if i ever get to the US :)

Glad i finally know what one is! lmao xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->