The Dieting for fertility reasons thread :-)

Hi Guys & Welcome Sarah. :)
I am having a crap week, food wise :( I need to get back motivated. I think its because my hubby had another appointment at the consultants and I've been quite stressed. That a combination of being hormonal are my excuses.
But I need to motivate again and think of ME and being able to have a baby. :(
OK tomorrow is another day. I havent been overly bad, just not as good as I was.

Sarah, the weights you are doing, are they the smallest ones? I have read that using a high weight too soon, you can build muscle rather than burn fat (not saying u have fat arms or anything ;) ) You are supposed to start with the least weight until you lose lbs and then increase as needed. Maybe it could be one of the reasons you are not seeing a difference. Wii sounds amazing, my friend has it and is losing lots of weight on it, I will have to invest. :)
AQ - Wishing you lots & lots of weightloss for Tuesday!! I will remember the date as my hubby has his long awaited scan on tuesday also.

I just did 20 minutes of Wii Fit game and I go dancing I do tomorrow morning before work, my Wii Fit FRM work when I go home, 19:00. I can get this four pounds last week I can do the stone easily, if I try, I really want to have to do Cambridge or hit the gym.

Well girls i have been stressing myself so much over getting my BMI to 30 in time for this appt with the IVF clinical director on Tuesday that iv been making myself ill, so today i have decided i am back on slimming world properly and just going to cut back on carbs a bit to try see a few lbs off by fri.The worst that will happen is that they will book us in for the next mth to make sure iv lost the weight so i am stopping panicking now.
I have my mum so ill and my dad so stressed an im not going to drive myself insane over my weight. If i have 7lbs to lose by the appt i will have that off within a few wks.

How is everyone doing? any updates on weight loss or fertility treatments etc? xxx

Hi AQ. Nothing new from me, overall i had a pretty bad week. Ill blame my hormones.
My OH is having a lower body scan on tuesday, basically he had a bad accident a few years back + his insides were reconstructed, he has been fine medically but his SA came back showing no sperm due to contaminated semen, so they need to find out why, they think somehing maybe leaking down into his semen, although they wont know until scan. So fingers crossed whatever is found can be fixed/put right.
What is the first step of your IVF? Fingers crossed they will be happy with your current weightloss and go ahead this month.
You are right to not too much pressure on yourself. whats another month when you have been TTC years. although realistically, us LTTCers are tired of waiting.

That's how i see it now. My weight is still going to be out of the range by around 7lb but i will lose that long before treatment actually starts as af is due around 10 days after appt which means the hormone bloods would be done then and i would start injecting in either June or july i think so that gives lots of time. I am just scared of messing up due to my weight but another mths wait will not make much diff if thats what they say.

Hope everyone else is ok?? xxx

Well girls, had our appt today and i was a bit disappointed as i expected some dates to start treatment etc, but overall it was good news.
We have been given funding for 2 cycles of IVF on the NHS which is fab as a lot of PCT'S have cut funding. He asked some basic health questions and about my previous pregnancies etc and asked dh about his lifestyle and then he said there is no waiting list and he will refer us for a patient information evening where we will get to know more and fill out all the forms etc and then then we can start treatment once results are in.
so should have a appt for the P.I.E within 4 wks he said :)
But you know what?? he didnt even mention my weight let alone weigh me! so all the panic for nothing! lol. I will deffo get my weight down now tho. Have been a pig today so back on it 2moz as i want to be as healthy as i can for this :)

How is everyone doing? this thread has gone like a ghost town! lol xxx

1 and a half pound loss for me today AQ :)

And congrats on your appointment yesterday!!! :happydance:

It's a mega step in the right direction, and I'm soooo happy for you that things are moving forward for you

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mornin girls :)

Well done Longtobeamum! u are doing so well lately! x

WANBMUM- How did your OH get on with his appt? x

Anymore updates from anyone??

Well i am having pineapple and yogurt for breakfast and i have made a ham butty for work so i can sit in the sun and have lunch cos weather fab again :) taking a apple too.
For tea i think il have chorizo sausage(syn free) with salad and rice.

Hope everyone has a lovely day xxx

Hi girlies, I hope you don't mind me popping onto this thread. I've been to other threads on this site but my problem is we got our first fertility appointment through for the 10th of May and i'm so worried as my BMI is 31.4 and i need to get it down as i've heard our DR is really strict with the whole weight thing and i don't want it to delay us more so i wanna lose most if not all which is impossible but i will try my hardest - hate PCOS though and its affects. I've been reading through this thread and you girls seem to have a good support going on with the whole weight issue and i was wonder if there was any tips or something to get me going that anybody wants to share? xx

Welcome Wifeyw :D

I would recommend slimming world, and I think I can safely say Africaqueen would too. Although you really haven't got much to lose, and if you only want to lose a bit and you are happy with your weight at the minute, I would just do a bit more exercise and cut down on carbs. I am doing slimming world, but have cut down on my carbs and I am finding it helps that little bit more.

xxx

Welcome WifeyW :)

Yup i would deffo rec SW like longtobeamum said ;-)

So how is it going girls?? are we surviving the easter wkend? haha.
So far i have eaten 2 mini caramel eggs and we are going for lamb roast for dinner at my mum an dads and there is baileys cheesecake for dessert.... aaaah. Think i will write today off and start afresh tomorrow! lol.

Happy Easter everyone xxx

Where is everyone? Come on ladies we need updates and support for one another xxx

Sorry AQ, I'm not weighing in today, as you can probably guess why xx

Awww Vicky i dont expect u to hun! u take some time out and recover from your sadness. I am soo sorry. Sure that Holly is up there in doggie heaven watching over you now xxx:hugs:

Here for u if u want to talk x

:hi: I'm new here too. I explained more in the welcome forum, but long story short is that I have PCOS and the easy weight gain that often comes along with it. I had managed to get down to a healthy weight after I was diagnosed by following a low GI diet, but have since let it creep back up.

So anyway, I'm back on the diet (excluding the Creme Eggs eaten today - they were on clearance :shy:) and have lost 4kg so far. 10kg to go to reach my current goal. I don't look at the main goal when I'm starting off, it's too scary a number!

Will be reading back over this thread tomorrow, but hope everyone is doing well!

Welcome Jadenblu! I also have pcos and know how difficult it is to shift weight but we will do it :) when is going to be your weigh in day hun? xxx

Thanks, I weigh in on Saturdays. And once I have enough posts, I'll add a sig to keep track of it. :thumbup:

I'm trying to lose weight before I go to the doctor to get some answers! I figure that is the first thing he will tell me. I have tried Clomid before but it didn't work. Hubby and I have been ttc for six years. :(

Not great WI result today, have gained a kilo. Feeling quite bloated though so hoping it's mostly retention. On to next week!

Welcome Reeves :)

Jadenblu- i am sure u will soon shift that ;-)

How is everyone? i have been quite naughty through the wkend with the wedding, my mums bday and bh etc... also af is here :-( deffo back on plan tomorrow tho. Need to get going the gym etc again too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->