The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

If it helps Ive been tracking cycles and cm for 6 months, only actually noticed it about 3 months ago, first few months did'nt have a clue. :(

I'm still only at the start of my journey. AF has just cleared off so that's always a good thing, I can ovulate anything between CD14 & 20 judging by the last 6 months so will just need to go with the flow on holiday :) flying off on Saturday but do have wifi and I think I may be on here for a little sanity around ovulation time!

:dust: to everyone xx

One of my friends has given birth to a beautiful baby girl and I feel broken. :cry:

Oh Sooz, sweetheart, I know how you feel. My best friend announced she was pregnant last November when I was really struggling with the broodiness/waiting and I honestly thought I'd never get over it and never be able to face her and her baby. But now she's had him and we've had in depth discussions about episiotomy scars, nipples and post baby poops! It won't take you long, I'm sure of it, and you'll have a fab advice giver in her. There's nothing like a close friend who's been through it all recently. My mum's amazing and very open but there's still obviously some things I wouldn't discuss with her - and of course a lot of her advice is quite outdated now as it changes so quickly. It will get better, I promise.

I think it's definitely best you stick to the every other day thingy and try not to worry too much about ovulation. As I say I had literally no symptoms and I'm sure I can't be the only one. Even if you're not ovulating yet, I know it's taking longer than you wanted but it really doesn't mean there's anything wrong - our bodies are very tricky things and BC can really confuse them. Hang in there.

Oooh Trying you might get a holiday baby! How exciting. Nice that holidays will probably coincide with OV too, lucky thing! Lots of time to BD and hopefully a lovely conception to look back on :haha:

Edit: Oh and no we won't be finding out baby's sex, I want a surprise and - no offense to anyone else - but I personally hate the fact that if we know everyone will buy either blue or pink!

Sooz - big big :hug: I know it doesn't help but it will be your time soon and as Jo4nn4 says then you will have a bestie who you can get advice from :) keep faith Hun xx

Jo4nn4 - fingers crossed I should ovulate between 14th and 19th and not back of holiday until 21st so am hoping the more relaxed BD'ing will help matters :)

How is everyone doing?

AFM.. I haven't been feeling to good lately. Been having heartburn ( which I barely ever have ), my stomach has been feeling weird, I have been sleeping really weird, I'm tired, and my back hurts lower and upper. boooooo :-( Hopefully this will stop real quick.

Sounds like 2ww symptoms Luvbug! You may have caught a first time egg! Fingers crossed! Can you not do an early test yet?

Hope those on holiday are having a lovely time! One week of work left then it's our turn! How's your first cycle going so far Trying?

How's avocado land J04NN4? Thanks for being so lovely. I can't ever imagine it being me. It feels to unreal for us to ever get a BFP - you know that feeling you get about something when you just think "that's destined not to happen". For instance - we booked a holiday to mull last year and it fell through as we were conned but deep down I knew we wouldn't go to mull. Just had that not-meant-to-happen feeling. It's weird. I have had some really down times over the last few days.
This morning I could have sworn I saw EWCM. I did an opk and for the first time ever a line actually appeared. I've never had a line before but it certainly wasn't as dark as the control line. Any thoughts as to what this means?

Urgh fed up! Bloomin rain n'all - hope none of you lovelies have been affected by the crazy weather xx

Hopefully!!! Today I've had really sore bbs. Hopefully they're all a sign. I think I might test a few days early... I feel like it might too early to test today. I think I'll test Monday or Tuesday. fx this is it!
I hope things get better for you sooz. That's terrible that you got conned out of your vacation last year.

Sooz retest today!!! Looks like you are ovulating soon. I get a faint second line then next day normally but darker.

Watch out for ewcm each time you wipe today too.

Just a flying visit from me as enjoying the sun in Spain, good luck everyone.

I have got the digital clear blue OPKs. They are more expensive but you can't go wrong with the smiley face!

Positive OPK!!! I wish I could upload pics from my iPhone!! Does that mean I ovulate today?

^^^^ whoohooo!!!

Had to jump back on to see if you had tested again. Positive opk means ovulation in the next 12-24/36 hours do get :sex:!!!

So pleased you've got a positive!

Ah,so pleased for you Sooz! Get baby dancing!

Trying,hope you're having a lovely holiday!

And Mrs Luvbug,that all sounds very positive! Fingers crossed!

As for me,trying to keep my mind off the TWW. No symptoms as yet,but I thought I had loads last month and nothing came of it,so trying not to think about them too much this month! Can't wait for a week on Tuesday when AF is due - trying to be positive and think that even if we don't get a BFP,we can at least get the ball rolling on a new cycle. What will be will be, I guess!

yay sooz!!!!!!! Better get to :sex:

And fx for you banana!! Hopefully July is a lucky month!

That's my attitude banana! Fingers crossed for you though - you can never tell. I went to a website about 2ww and some girls got a BFP the cycle they had no symptoms when previously they'd had loads so keep positive!

Thanks so much Trying! Hope Spain is giving you plenty time to BD!

I don't know if those tests mean I'm truly ovulating but we put in a good days BD-Ing! Are you supposed to carry BD after its positive? I'm new to this ovulating game as it definitely didn't happen for us last cycle. At least I've got the reassurance my body is trying to do something. Can you get a positive opk and not ovulate?

Hope you had a lovely (but soggy) weekend ladies! :hugs:

I don't know if those tests mean I'm truly ovulating but we put in a good days BD-Ing! Are you supposed to carry BD after its positive? I'm new to this ovulating game as it definitely didn't happen for us last cycle. At least I've got the reassurance my body is trying to do something. Can you get a positive opk and not ovulate?

Hope you had a lovely (but soggy) weekend ladies! :hugs:

I think the advice is to BD for 48 hours after your positive OPK. In all likelihood,you''ve probably already done enough,but I think the extra 48 hours just covers all bases.

I think you can get positive OPKs and not ovulate,but it seems like a good sign that it's different to last cycle? Fingers crossed!

Good luck lovely!

Yaaaaaay! Aw Sooz I'm so chuffed for you - there you go, your body got round to it eventually :haha: I think it is possible to get a positive OPK and not ovulate - it measures lutenising hormone (sp?) which triggers ovulation, not ovulation itself if you know what I mean. But I don't think that's all that common and as Banana said it's an improvement on last month either way.

It all sounds so positive here for everyone!!! Maybe some :bfp:'s this month?! I certainly hope so. Does anyone have testing dates in mind?

I certainly hope we get some BFPs this month - I have everything crossed for us all :thumbup:

As for testing,my head is telling me to wait for the day AF is due (Tues 17th), but realistically I might start testing on Saturday morning! I would be 11 DPO by then. I'm away on the Sunday morning though,so may test Sat then Monday. On the other hand,if I don't feel the overwhelming urge to test"then I'll hold out until the Monday or Tuesday! Generally feeling more chilled out this 2ww, so hoping I may be able to hold off!

What about the rest of you?

Jo4nn4,I can't believe you're 17 weeks already!

So exciting banana! Everything crossed for you! Maybe make a compromise and test 12DPO?

Luvbug have you tested yet?

Hope you're having a lovely holiday Trying!

J04NN4 you've upgrades to an onion - thanks for rooting for me (no pun intended). I'd love to join you soon. Nearly halfway for you - that must feel so weird!!

I think I'm probably 2DPO as I got fainter lines on my opks yesterday (although still jumped on OH...). Not sure how you judge DPO when you get a positive opk! 2ww for me I guess! Finges crossed! This is my first proper 2ww as I don't think I've ovulated until now so I'm trying to be sensible and not get my hopes up too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->