The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

No joy for me. Another negative. I think I might stop testing as its really getting me down. Good luck cc. Enjoy chick xx

Sooz, are your charting your BBT as well, or just OPKing and watching CM? Because your temperature is the only way to know for sure that you've ovulated. OPKs only pick up a surge of LH, not that you are ovulating - you might get a positive and then your body could decide not to ovulate then. Likewise, you might have negative OPKs, when actually - you did ovulate, but missed the surge. If you're using OPKs and watching CM, it makes sense to put the puzzle pieces together by monitoring your BBT if you're really that worried. :) Check out FertilityFriend.com.

Sooz, are your charting your BBT as well, or just OPKing and watching CM? Because your temperature is the only way to know for sure that you've ovulated. OPKs only pick up a surge of LH, not that you are ovulating - you might get a positive and then your body could decide not to ovulate then. Likewise, you might have negative OPKs, when actually - you did ovulate, but missed the surge. If you're using OPKs and watching CM, it makes sense to put the puzzle pieces together by monitoring your BBT if you're really that worried. :) Check out FertilityFriend.com.

When I was on BCP my CM was so obvious but now there's hardly any. I'm beginning to think BBT might put my mind at rest do might try it next month. Sadly I've not noticed anything this month. I'm now beyond mid cycle. Maybe I'm just a late ovulator? I'm just kicking myself for not coming off BCP sooner.

Sooz, please try and not fret, it is only the first month off BCP and it can take a little while to regulate. Also you may be a late ovulater like me - I normally only ovulate around CD19 or 20 so would only get a + OPK around CD17 or 18.

I never noticed any CM when I was on BCP but again now I only get it around 2-3 days prior to ovulating so if you are a late ovulater then it may still be on its way. I agree with Mrsswafer though, the only way to totally confirm that you have ovulated is by BBT and once you chart for a while you can see your patterns. I know its not what you want to hear but it does take on average 3-6months to properly regulate after BCP (according to my doctor). I think though the more you stress yourself the worse it will be as it can cause late ovulation too.

Maybe also think of starting pregnacare conception (appears to help with CM) or evening primrose oil (also helps with CM) though with that you need to stop taking it once you ovulate if you are actively trying.

xx

Thanks so much Trying :hugs: you're just so lovely. My body had been really bad for letting me down over my life so far and I guess I'm just getting stressed that it'll continue to let me down. All my friends/SIL were instant conceivers and I guess I'm just convinced I'll struggle TTC. My mum concieved on her first month of trying but she came off BCP for 3/12 before trying. I'm the master of negativity and I struggle to be positive. I'm off on a spa weekend with my mum on Friday so hopefully that will help. I spent so long avoiding pregnancy it's crazy to think how much I want one now. Weird. Not much more of a wait for you know. It must be good to know your cycle well do you're all ready for TTC.

Just noticed you're a Scot too! Yey for the TTC tartan army. Lol.

^^ I am only up the road from you in Falkirk :) am an Irish girl though who has found her second home!

Lovely about your spa weekend, that will just be what you need to relax.

I think we are all in the same boat, spending years not wanting to get pregnant to it being the only thing that we want but it feels so hard to get!

Lovely Falkirk! What a beautiful place to be! I'm off to Stobo with my mummy. She knows how much of a stressy pants I am. Maybe some relaxation will help with baby making! Isn't this weather fabby!

Going to join in here if you don't mind since I recognise alot of names from WTT. I will hopefully be TTC off the back of my next cycle starting tomorrow.

I know its supposed to be for first timers but am going to gate crash for a bit.

Stobo is fab! I took my mum there before we left Edinburgh and moved over here. We had a perfect weekend!

Ohh Stobo is gorgeous! You will have a ball :)

CC- looks like you have found your perfect time to test, let's hope you don't need to next month though!

You're so lucky CC, I'm fair chuffed for you and fingers and toes crossed for 2 weeks! I'm still plodding away with no sign of ovulation. Gotta keep going though. :hugs: how did you know it was the right time to test?

Definitely needing a Stobbo weekend. It's a haven. Relaxing can only be a good thing.

I found you all!!! Can't wait to be posting here soon, take care girls x

I think the good weather has whisked everyone away! That and Olympic Torch fever for me - had much excitement the other night watching it go past my school!

Hope everyone is good and not getting too stressed out. I'm watching Knocked Up and getting bump envy!

You're so lucky CC, I'm fair chuffed for you and fingers and toes crossed for 2 weeks! I'm still plodding away with no sign of ovulation. Gotta keep going though. :hugs: how did you know it was the right time to test?

Definitely needing a Stobbo weekend. It's a haven. Relaxing can only be a good thing.

I'm here hun :hugs: Thanks, I started testing on CD10 as advised by my OPK, but like you know they were negative until I did them earlier in the day, probably just a coincidence but was great to see.

Are yours still coming back negative? :hugs:

I had loads of newborns and pregnant women in my clinic over the past few days. It's killing me :cry:

Just been lying in the garden with my OH. Scorchio!

YuP still negative. I've had no EWCM or anything to make me think it'd be worth testing. I gave up after two negatives on cd13 and 14. It feels mega lame. Hope this is it for you CC :hugs:

I really not positive that this will be but I'm happy at the moment that my cycles have been 'normal' so soon after coming off the implant.

I didn't get get my positive till CD14 and had no EWCM, keep testing, I'm using amazon cheapies they are doing me fine.

Off to Stobo!

TMI alert - Streaky blood on wiping this morning. OPK negative. Either AF is coming mega early....or....Could it be an implanting bleed?.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->