The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Banana!!! Fab news!! Well done hun xxx :happydance:

Hope all you ladies have a lovely weekend xx

Banana and your wonderful womb!!! That's AWESOME news!! This is turning into a very lucky thread! I am so chuffed for you. I hope you're having a day with your head on cloud 9!! A very H&H 9 months to you missy!!

Woooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Congratulations, Banana!!!! :dance: :bunny: :yipee: :wohoo: :wohoo: Such incredible news! :hugs: Enjoy your first day as a an EXPECTANT MOTHER!!! :dance: :hugs:

Thank you ladies for all your lovely words :hugs::hugs: I still can't quite believe it! I hadn't had any hardcore symptoms before testing, just felt really tired (but it was my first week back at work!) and very bloated, and my appetite was a bit off - so I was amazed to see that second line appear, and then even more amazed when I got a positive on the second (Clearblue digital) test - nothing like covering your bases and making sure :haha: Hubby was so sweet, he even had a little cry! He's been very matter of fact about the whole thing until now, so I was really happy to see how chuffed and emotional he was about it :happydance: Just spoke to my mum on the phone, and was SO desperate to tell her, but hubby and I agreed that we should tell both sets of parents together, and I'd like to wait a bit longer before telling his as his mum is likely to end up spilling the beans to everyone she knows!!

Hope all our little beans are doing ok - how are you ladies feeling?

Mojo, big hugs hun :hugs: and lots of :dust::dust: Was it definitely AF starting?

Kismet and Trying, are you in the 2ww now? Lots of :dust: coming your way too lovelies :hugs:

Snuffles, when are you planning on testing?

xxx

Haha, I thought my lack of real symptoms would be music to any serial symptom spotters ears! :haha: Ooh, happy BDing!

PS - I read in the Impatient Women's Guide that men don't understand the nuances of reading lines on test strips. Therefore, I plan on doing a Clearblue Digital before showing anything to DH. ;)

That was my theory too - make it as black and white as possible! And he still said 'do you need to do another test to make sure' :haha:

When's your due date Banana? I am so pleased. You really do deserve this. :)))

Right, lots to catch up on since I last commented! Here goes:

CC - I hope things are going well for you this month. It sounds like you're doing everything you can! I can't think of anything else you should/could be doing other than to try your best to enjoy it. I know that's probably easier said than done though and I'm thinking of you. When is your appointment to get your bloods done?

Kismet - I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering with IBS stuff at the moment. It's miserable isn't it and I can't imagine conducive to TTC! At least you're entering TWW now and not approaching OV feeling like that. I really hope you get it sorted soon.

Annaki - Don't worry about the brown CM, it's totally normal. Also I wouldn't worry about the timing of your appointment, my very first appointment wasn't until 9+5 and they still got me in for my 12 week scan at exactly 12 weeks and cystic fibrosis screening before that! The timing is all quite important for dating/various tests so they'll do everything they can to get the timing right.

Mojo - sorry to hear about your wacky cycle, what's happening now? More spotting or on to AF?

Sooz - how are you doing? Sorry to hear your skin's playing up. I've always been quite lucky with my skin but had the worst spots of my life in first tri. Just try and leave it alone as much as possible and go without make up when you can. It'll settle down soon though I promise :hugs: as will the bowel issues, I have IBS too and now it's gone totally the other way :dohh: as long as I keep dosed up on Fybogel though it's better than it has been for years. I also got really greasy hair and my complexion was like, grey! I'm feeling/looking much better now though (if I do say so myself!) The placenta starts to take over from around 8 weeks so you don't have much longer of feeling like this.

Honeybee - I hope you're feeling better now. It's such a stressful time so don't beat yourself up for freaking out. It's probably the most important thing you'll ever do so there would probably be something wrong if you weren't worried at all. You've already made it this far though so try and stay positive.

Banana - congratulations again! How are you feeling? What are your plans for sharing the news?

Luvbug - good luck for your appointment! EEeeek how exciting. Seeing that little heartbeat for the first time will be just amazing.

Sorry if I've missed anyone, it's been busy in here! AFM, me and OH got back from a mini babymoon last night and we had a fab time. I feel relaxed and refreshed and much more positive about things. I've been struggling a bit lately with anxiety but feel much better (for now!). I can feel where the baby's lying now from prodding and poking which is amazing - and OH saw it kicking for the first time when I was in the bath yesterday. It's done it every time I've had a bath for weeks but wouldn't seem to do it for daddy :haha: I'm 26 weeks on Sunday and now I'm rapidly approaching 3rd tri I'm finally starting to believe that this little bean is actually going to be our son or daughter. I just wish I'd relaxed and embraced the previous 26 weeks but there we go, as many of you are experiencing now that's much easier said than done. Love to all :hugs:

Congratulations Banana, A happy and healthy nine months to you XXX

Banana sweetie OMG!!!!!!:happydance: I'm so happy for you!!!:happydance:
I'm not sure when I'll be testing as I'm so nervous lol

Annaki, I'll be due May 20th - eek!

Jo4nn4, I'm feeling ok. I've been very tired the last few days though, and my appetite has been generally pretty poor (although I have just shovelled down a McDonald's at a motorway service station on the way to the North East for a wedding!). My tummy also feels a bit strange, it's very bloated and a bit uncomfortable when the seatbelt or my jeans press on it. No sore boobs though - hoping that's not a bad thing!

Snuffles, good luck for whenever you decide to test :hugs: I was really nervous too, so know how you feel!

Forgot to add, we're still undecided about sharing the news. We may pay for an 8 week scan and tell our parents after that, as we'll be seeing my parents around then so would be nice to be able to tell them! Not sure though - we may burst before then! When did you tell people Jo4nn4?

And lovely to hear you're feeling more chilled Jo4nn4 :thumbup: It really isn't long to go for you :happydance:

Aw enjoy the wedding! Don't worry about the lack of sore boobs. That was just about my only symptom in the very early stages - but I spent the whole time worrying something was wrong as I had no morning sickness. Everyone's really different.

I had a scan at 7+5 after a spell in hospital (long story) so we'd seen a heartbeat and we told our parents/siblings/3 close friends when we saw them for my birthday that weekend at 8 weeks. If I hadn't had the emergency scan we were planning on a private one around then anyway as there's absolutely no way I could have waited until 12 weeks! We told everyone else after my 12 week scan. It was SO exciting and I can't believe it was over 3 months ago!!

:happydance: :happydance: omg banana :happydance: :happydance: I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:
Congratulations!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

My face has been breaking out like crazy too. LIke back when I was in Jr. High. It's driving me nuts haha.

I hope all you ladies are doing wonderful :)

You too, Luvbug? :wacko: What happened to the glowing healthy skin you're supposed to have when pregnant? (Sigh) Another myth goes poof. :haha:

kISMET Your chart is a little mad, lets hope that positive OPK mean O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->