The 'I start a diet every January,this year I'm sticking to it' Thread

well done :happydance: i've fallen off the bandwagon, i PROMISE to start monday tho x

Is any one actually still about or have we all given up :lol:
So its the 4th march (^^^so a week later than my above post^^^) So im down 5lbs in total :happydance: Currently 221lbs :thumbup:

Hi Lucy , I'm still here I took a break in march as I had my final exam for accountancy to take and couldn't juggle studying, 4mth old and diet. But took the exam this week so am back on it. In the month I put 2 lbs on but think this could of been alot worse as I did little exercise and didn't watch what I ate.

Congrats on the loss !

CRW xx welcome back :hugs: hope you have been ok

Is any one actually still about or have we all given up :lol:
So its the 4th march (^^^so a week later than my above post^^^) So im down 5lbs in total :happydance: Currently 221lbs :thumbup:

Hi Lucy , I'm still here I took a break in march as I had my final exam for accountancy to take and couldn't juggle studying, 4mth old and diet. But took the exam this week so am back on it. In the month I put 2 lbs on but think this could of been alot worse as I did little exercise and didn't watch what I ate.

Congrats on the loss !

CRW xx welcome back :hugs: hope you have been ok

:hugs: Good luck hun x x

Iv lost 11.5lbs now! In three weeks :happydance: Anyone else with losses!

i need a kick up the bum :( i'm sick of looking in the mirror and crying, i'm so fat. I don't want to be like this anymore :cry: s

i need a kick up the bum :( i'm sick of looking in the mirror and crying, i'm so fat. I don't want to be like this anymore :cry: s

O hun i bet you arnt that 'Fat'.
In all honesty its taken me 8 months to do anything about my weight, you have to really want to do it, Since jan iv been stop starting and it just isnt worth it.
Once you get going though it just fits in with daily life, I get up, do my DVD, take the dogs an extended walk, shower and so the day goes on.

Have you tried myfitnesspal? Thats way you can eat anything you want, so long as you stay within your limits, Its really good :hugs:

ETA: @CRWx: My love and thoughts are with your family who has lost their baby :kiss:

O hun i bet you arnt that 'Fat'.
In all honesty its taken me 8 months to do anything about my weight, you have to really want to do it, Since jan iv been stop starting and it just isnt worth it.
Once you get going though it just fits in with daily life, I get up, do my DVD, take the dogs an extended walk, shower and so the day goes on.

Have you tried myfitnesspal? Thats way you can eat anything you want, so long as you stay within your limits, Its really good :hugs:

ETA: @CRWx: My love and thoughts are with your family who has lost their baby :kiss:

I'm going to start a regime, some how fit it in with my day. I am & everybody my age is all skinny and lovely & i'm a chunky monkey :lol: sorry last night i'd had enough! I'm determined to ditch the flab and try and get thin! I've got the app on my phone, maybe i should start using it :thumbup: Thankyou for the love & thoughts aswell hun- much appriceated xx

i know im realy late to this but any chance i can join please? :flower:
i started my diet in january (like every year lol) and i did realy well to begin with but im rapidly losing my will power :cry:
i realy dont want to put back on what i've lost so far :dohh:

I'm still here!! I was doing really well but I seem to have hit a platuea!! Grrr I'm being really good but not getting any further!!

I compleately agree about the REALLY wanting it point, although I was unhappy with my weight it took me a really long time to get to that point!!

Xx

I'm still here!! I was doing really well but I seem to have hit a platuea!! Grrr I'm being really good but not getting any further!!

I compleately agree about the REALLY wanting it point, although I was unhappy with my weight it took me a really long time to get to that point!!

Xx

:hi: Glad theres still a few of us about!

Perhaps up your exercise by 15 mins? may help i dunno :haha:

I agree, It took me 8 months before realizing i needed to loose it, Even though i was really unhappy about it :dohh:

Welcome snuggles how much are you wanting to lose any ideas how?

Well I've lost 2 lb this week so back to what I was end of Jan before I began studying for my exam in feb. Really pleased.

Lucy have to admit I'm finding it difficult to motivate with the exercise at the moment and know once I find an achievable routine I'll find it easier..... I'm just busy looking at nurserys, looking after I'll LO, paying bills and paperwork and day to day housework. I think if I manage to walk at least 3 times this week I'll be happy

How's everyone else getting on ?

congrats jellycat :happydance:
i want to lose about 3stone I think, im more going on how i feel in myself than a set weight though - setting myself mini goals of 7lbs at a time and just keep goin till i feel happy
ive lost 2lbs this week aswel - had a stomach bug over weekend though so had a bit of help there :blush:

Snuggled I've also set myself mini goals as I'd get disheartened otherwise.
My first goal is another 15lb then I will be my heaviest pre pregnancy,
then 7 lb as this was my weight when I became pregnant.
Then 19 lb just because
Then 14 lb as my weight when I got married
Then 14lb because can go back on combined pill
Then 8lb as this is my most comfortable weight, could weigh nice clothes without starving myself and exercising excessively

My main aim is to be happy again and I have a wardrobe full of beautiful clothes I currently can't wear :-( can't believe I want to lose 5 1/2 stone I never should of put all this weight on

Well girls, Iv lost another 3lbs this week!
I cant actually believe it, I nearly cried when i got on the scale! iv been soo soo soo bad this week, Was really expecting to have put on weight.
So iv lost a stone now :happydance:!
My size 18 jeans keep falling down now, Literally iv made myself look awful witht them hanging round my arse! will be digging out the 16s before i know it! :happydance:

Any more loss's girls? :kiss:

Well done Lucy that's fantastic!!

Well to get out of my platuea I tried the old eating more trick to try to convince my body I was not starving it!! In a couple of days of eating approx 200 cals more a day I lost 2 pounds :) v happy. That was we'd morn, I'll be weighing in on tues morning next so I will be interested to see if lost anymore.

Jellycat I an a big big fan of mini goals, they really help keep us motivated. My goals tend to be at each half a stone and I tend to give myself a time I should hit that.

So my 1.5 stone target was tues just gone, I am now 1 pound off but hopefully will hit it a week late.

My next goal is 2 stone by end April, 2.5 by end June, 3 stone by end sept.

I lost my first stone in 6 weeks, but having been on this journey once before I know how much it slows once you get to a more sensible weight.

Xx

Well done Lucy and miss Broody your both doing great !!

Haven't weighed in this week with one thing or another and then AF came this morning which explains why I've been so hungry. Food shop came today and I've ordered slim fast for this week going to just try it for a couple of days and see how I get on as feel like I need abit of a kick start at the moment.

Great news Lucy!

I've finally got past my plateau :happydance: been stuck at it for a month! Lost 2lbs, so hopefully be breaking into the 150s (lbs) by tomorrows weigh in :thumbup:

Great news Lucy!

I've finally got past my plateau :happydance: been stuck at it for a month! Lost 2lbs, so hopefully be breaking into the 150s (lbs) by tomorrows weigh in :thumbup:

I thought I'd got past mine but seems to be false hope - I am not shifting again - gggggrrrrr!!!! My bmi is 25.3 - it is too early for it to be this hard to
lose weight!?!?!

On a positive note I am
losing inches and becoming more toned still, will just have to go with it!!

X

Well done twilight and Broody

I've stayed the same

I am still one pound off my Next 1.5 target!! In two weeks I have lost no weight at all. Grrrrrrr.

If the next half a stone is this hard it's gonna be unbearable!

X

im just tucking into a salad sandwich so yay for salad :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"