~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

Actually the doctors commented on how alert the boys were both times. I think they do sleep more in the beginning, but I thought it was just from being born.

LOL Thanks LB!
I will just take it as it comes I guess!

Rachel, I agree with Cornish, maybe you dropped more than one egg...

RB~ I agree that with the soy it could be causing you to release more than one egg which is why it's surging so long. I've also read soy can sometimes just mess things up so it could that too :shrug: Hopefully it's just bc you're on your way to making triplets :winkwink: I agree with Moonbeam too- can't you have a basic panel of blood work done? That seems almost CRUEL to not do that for a woman who is requesting it!

Thanks ladies.... HPT was negative, OPK was negative and FF has put me at 4dpo today so who knows whats going on... Hopefully i have ovulated then as it says as i have a 'high' pregnancy prediction!! We BD'd last night as well so were very well covered but the stress of it all probably will have some effect!

Me and OH have decided to head to the dcs if BFN this cycle and push for some answers, i posted my multiple +OPK worries and many ladies have mentioned PCOS so i want to be able to start ruling out things! Hopefully thayll see me this time as last time they were so not bothered which made me feel stupid!

Cornish + LWood - i really hope ive released 2 eggs, will certainly increase my odds!!

Hope everyones have a lovely weekend so far x x x

I would be mad as HECK if they don't at least do bloodwork for you Rachel :growlmad: INSIST upon it!!!! :hugs:

Well, if today is your FIRST negative opk- I'd consider it the 24 hour Ovulation window-- or 1 dpo- no more than that. You can't be 4dpo if you've been getting + opk's for the last few days.

I hope you don't even end up needing to go to the doc's for that.. only for a :bfp: MASSIVE dust for you!! :dust:

:hugs:

Thanks ladies.... I feel like i ovulated thursday or friday from the cramps and pains down there so im not reading too much into FF, I would normally have much higher temps by now if i was 4dpo!!

Holly - Im really hoping the next time i have to see the doctor is to confirm my BFP!! :)
Cant believe your in 3rd trimester already....it has absolutely flown by since May!! x x

Thanks ladies.... I feel like i ovulated thursday or friday from the cramps and pains down there so im not reading too much into FF, I would normally have much higher temps by now if i was 4dpo!!

Holly - Im really hoping the next time i have to see the doctor is to confirm my BFP!! :)
Cant believe your in 3rd trimester already....it has absolutely flown by since May!! x x

the cramps and pains could be just your body gearing up to O.. not actual O :shrug:

Ooooh that's right.. today marks the 3rd tri for me! I FORGOT! lol It "sorta" has flown by.. if I was walking into the delivery room today.. then I would say that :rofl:

It was fun reading everyone's birth stories.
LWood~If it makes you feel any better I don't remember the blood smelling like anything! I remember bleeding the few days in the hospital, and I remember wearing a pad for awhile at home, but it wasn't really anything to write home about. What I do remember is that no one gave me any homecare advice. So, 2 weeks later I was calling the on-call doctor asking for help with my discomfort "down there." She said to try witch-hazel. Well, it wasn't long before I broke out in a rash from that stuff! So, I ended up using Aquaphor. Another thing that was very soothing was they gave me a squirt bottle to take home. If you fill that up with warm water and squirt yourself with it, it helps clean you up down there, and helps sooth the pain and discomfort you might feel. Oh, the things us ladies go through for a beautiful baby!!!
RB~so sorry your body is being so confusing! I hope this is your month regardless!
Holly~I said this on facebook, but I can't believe it's trimester 3 for you!!! I feel like my time is moving so slow! I look forward to the holidays. I feel like once THanksgiving arrives, everything moves a lot quicker for awhile.
Well, my next post I am going to put my story up here of "becoming a mom." I actually wrote it as a 'note' on facebook. so I'm just going to copy and paste it from January of 2010. Enjoy! :)

So, what I thought was a story of literally becoming a mom, was merely my story how how I found out I was pregnant and how I told friends and family. :) Silly pregnancy brain. Here's the labor and delivery story that I remember 2 years later!

As many of you already know I have been diagnosed with HBP, therefore putting me at high risk during pregnancy. My Dr. did not want me to go over 40 weeks pregnant, so she was looking into inducing me around 39 weeks. I went in a few days before 39 weeks, and the Dr. checked me. I was already 2cm dialted. Over the weekend on Sunday I began having what I thought were braxton hicks contractions (B/c they didn't hurt). They were coming every 5-10 minutes apart. This went on for 3 days (till tuesday) when I got the call from my Dr. saying that I needed to be at the hospital at 10pm that night to have our little guy! There was no time to process.
The nurses hooked me up to the machines after I arrived and I was already having measurable contractions. They put that gell on my cervix to soften things up a bit, and I was to "go to sleep!"
At about 4am, I woke up with some pretty painful contractions. I remember around 7am a nurse coming in to check me. I don't remember what I was dialated at then, but my Dr. stopped in and told me she wasn't going to break my water yet, b/c she had things to do that morning (like seeing patients), and I was progressing too fast!
I got my epidural when I was about 5-6 cm and right before they broke my water. This was around 9:30am. Things progressed pretty quickly after this. I was at 10 cm around 2pm, but waited another hour to start pushing b/c they wanted Joey to move down the birth canal a little further before I started pushing.
(I am SOO glad I had the epidural. I was still feeling the contractions even with the epidural, so I can't imagine what that pain would've been like without the drugs!)
A few weeks before I was induced I asked a Dr. if it was a problem that Joey was laying sideways in my stomache. He was still head-down, but he was crocked. He said Joey would "fix himself." I trusted him and went about my day.
Well, now we are in the delivery room, and he's not making his way down the birth canal like he should. The nurses decided I should try and push through it. This is where all the fun and excitement started (if you want to call it excitement). I was pushing my dear little heart out and nothing was happening! I had a mirror, b/c they thought I would be encouraged as I pushed. They had turned off the epidural, so that I would begin to feel more. Right before I started pushing, I was already freaked out that I could feel my legs...now they turned it off! Two and half hours later, things got a bit in tense in the delivery room. My dr. told me that Joey was getting distressed and that if he doesn't come out in the next pushed, they were going to have to do a C-section. I said "forget that!" I pushed him up the next push. He came out with a sideways cone-head!
He had swallowed meconium, so the nicu team was there to check him out, but he was okay. He needed oxygen for about 20 minutes, but then he was okay after that. We both spiked a fever during delivery, so we were both on antibiotics for 2 days following. It was annoying b/c I had to take that stupid poll with me to the bathroom every time I went (and you go like every 5 minutes b/c of all the fluids they give you).
Joey latched on right away after I gave birth to him, and it was amazing feeding him for the first time! But this was the last he latched on for 24 more hours! This then caused lots of stress with me, and a few tears and when my husband asked about us eating I yelled at him b/c Joey hadn't eaten since he was delivered. The lactation consultant helped us out, and things were better.
The roughest part was the 2.5 hours of pushing, otherwise I feel that things went really smoothly. I now have a 30lb, happy, 2 year old!
I can't wait for the excitement of #2. I really hope I go naturally and have that excitement of driving to the hospital etc. Good times! :)

Well ladies, looks like we are having a baby girl!!

Will catch up properly tomorrow as I'm on my phone.

RB, I'm almost 22 weeks now, mobile version doesn't include my ticker but is faster! Using desktop to hopefully get ticket in. I can't see anyone else's so I'm so sorry if I miss a milestone.
Dimples, thanks for sharing.
Mrs J, congrats on a baby girl!

So did anyone's birth plans actually go to plan? Any all natural births out there?xx

What you mean natural birth no pain relief? No thanks!

I love this!
I am totally in the same mindset,
My plan for pain relief: whatever I can have, as soon as I can have it!

I'd like to avoid epidural but if I think I need it, I want it!

Were in 2011, should be able to avoid pain if possible!
(and im a big chicken! No heroics from me ladies!)

What you mean natural birth no pain relief? No thanks!

I love this!
I am totally in the same mindset,
My plan for pain relief: whatever I can have, as soon as I can have it!

I'd like to avoid epidural but if I think I need it, I want it!

Were in 2011, should be able to avoid pain if possible!
(and im a big chicken! No heroics from me ladies!)

I totally think i could do it pain relief free if i absolutely had to i mean if i have a 10 minute birth at home unexpectedly i know i could cope but if i can manage next time on just gas and air i will be happy. If not i know i can get through it with a little pethidine. ;)

Really, no one wants natural? I had such a natural birth planned with ds and was annoyed that the drip meant needing gas and air, but I'd rather get through it than be heroic for sure. I'd like to try water birth this time and def wanting no more than gas and air.

Xx

Well i applaud you cornish i really want a home birth next pregnancy whether i will get it or not is another matter though lol i think that i probably will hold out longer before i ask for any pain relief but not sure i can do it all natural i have a low pain tolerance and tend to have back to back labours slower and more painful. They are getting shorter though 1st labour 24h15m 2nd labour 10h5m 3rd labour 6h10m

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->