~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

For me it was just gushing blood! You do get mild contractions over the following weeks while uterus goes bk, but they shouldn't be too painful. I ended up in serious pain but found out it was a womb infection, few days of antibiotics and I was fine, but I had it for about a week as thought it was normal!

No pain involved just blood its ok nothing to be scared of just like your period it looks far worse than it is. Cornish mentioned after pains these are totally normal for 10 days or so after the birth. They feel like strong menstrul cramps and is your womb contracting back to normal size it is more painful if you breastfeed but quicker because of the good old hormone oxytocin! Blood should continue for between 2 to 4 weeks after birth as well. It will start off quite heavy and tail off. It has a funny meaty smell if how i can only describe it because it is broken down tissue. If it changes smell to a "gone off chicken" smell then you probably have a womb infection and need to see your gp asap for antibiotics.

You won't care about all this because you will be busy looking after that new baby!

And cornish it would have been perfect apart from dh missing most of it asleep again i was so peed off with him for that...i mean helloo? I'm having your baby too least you can do is stay awake

Ah yeah I could see that being annoying! Me and oh weren't together during last birth do this will be his first birth, of he was asleep I think I'll kill him!

Lets just face it theres a reason their part of baby making is all aimed at pleasure the bloody lightweights! Gotta carry on the species girls :haha:

Ace stories to wake up to, thanks for sharing. How is it after a c section LB?

After a c-section is kinda hard. I went to a friend's baby shower 12 days after DS2 was born, and that was pushing it. I probably should have stayed at home, but I didn't want to miss it. So you need at least 2 weeks to start to feel like yourself again. And then you're still not completely healed, it's just the starting point!

I learned that it's good to get up and walk around after the c-section, as soon as they'll let you. The healing goes faster that way. And keep the pain meds coming, don't let yourself feel the pain, because then it takes longer for the meds to kick in again. I feel like that really stands in the way of healing, because if you hurt, then you're less likely to get up and move around. The first c-section was harder, probably because of the fact that the first nurse didn't give me any pain meds for about 20 hours after my surgery. So I started out feeling a lot of pain and it took me awhile to get past it. When we got home from the hospital, DH left to get my prescription from the pharmacy and I was in bed trying to nurse DS1. When he got home and then opened the bedroom door, a cool rush of air came with him and the cold plus my sore breasts was almost too much to take. I cried a lot that time around. I remember sitting on the toilet and I couldn't get myself up so I had to call DH to help me. Not that big a deal for most people, but we don't go to the bathroom in front of each other, so I felt embarrassed and cried. So you might need more help than you think after a c-section.

The second time, I thought I had things all figured out, and it wasn't too bad. But DS2 really made me work for breastfeeding. His face was so little and he didn't know how to latch on, so we had to learn to work together. There were times I tried for an hour to get him to latch on and I was SO CLOSE to giving up, both of us were frustrated and crying and I couldn't imagine it getting easier. But it definitely does.

Overall, I think my c-section experience was positive. I would have a weird numbness at the very bottom of my back. Numb and painful at the same time, if that makes sense. It happened both times and I think it may have been from the epidural. But to be fair, there are so many changes in your body it could be anything.

Both times, after delivering, I would sweat and sweat every time I slept for weeks. I guess it was from the change in hormones.

Thanks for your lovely stories ladies
What's everyone's experience of post partum bleeding?
This is another thing I'm concerned about!!

I think mine was heaviest the first 3-4 days and then it was more like a period.

Steph, I loved your birth stories!

I went into it expecting a natural birth, but when I called my dad and said I'd be going into the operating room for a c-section, he said he figured I'd be like my mom. Although, since I went in after my water broke, they wouldn't let me walk around or move around and I have often wondered if that's why I never progressed. I was just laying there and I didn't even rock or move -- I didn't know what I was doing! But at this point, having a VBAC they'd want me to progress pretty quickly and I didn't have any confidence that it could happen quickly. I just wasn't interested in risking a rupture.

You know lb reading your story i wondered that myself i would definitely recommend to the ladies in labour not to go near that bed. Things are very different in the uk in that the use of epidural is not as widespread and you are offered alternatives if you still cannot cope then you get the epidural if you wish.

Vbac is nothing to be scared of and you shouldn't (in my view) feel forced to automatically go to c section also you should be allowed to labour at your own pace as long as baby shows no signs of distress and you wish to do so. At the end of the day the doctors nurses and midwives are there to support you make your decisions it is your birth experience.

Ladies.... just need to ask a TTC question...

I have had a positive opk everyday since sunday so havent a clue whats going on!!! Sick of BDing but dont want to miss it!! Been using clearblue digi's as well so smiley faces everyday...twice a day!!! Have you ever heard anything like this??? Ive not had a temperature rise so its not down to pregnancy hormone. Feel really down with it all x x

ladies that had a c section done were u all awake or did u get general anestesia ( i kno its spelt WRONG!! ) lol....

I have had a positive opk everyday since sunday so havent a clue whats going on!!! Sick of BDing but dont want to miss it!! Been using clearblue digi's as well so smiley faces everyday...twice a day!!! Have you ever heard anything like this??? Ive not had a temperature rise so its not down to pregnancy hormone. Feel really down with it all x x

I think something is up with that Rachel.. definitely not normal to go longer than 2-3 days with surging. It sounds like your body is struggling to release the egg.. sometimes the body makes multiple attempts to actually ovulate. Are you under any stress or doing anything differently in your life??? That's the only thing I can think of. Are you taking soy or anything or is this a totally naturally cycle???

The only other thing *I* can think of is being preggo.. might be worth taking a HPT even if you think you're not.. bc you NEVER know. :hugs:

Have you had your hormone levels checked by a doctor as well??? Something might be off in that way too. :shrug:

I know it SUCKS to keep BD'ing.. but I would at least try and aim for every other day for now til you figure out what's going on or until it's negative.

:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

My girlfriend had a C-section and was on pain meds while breast-feeding and she said that is why her baby was so quiet all the time and slept almost always. After she quit the meds, baby was wide awake. Have any of you had that problem? Is this okay for baby?

The bleeding and meaty-smell nearly made me vomit... oh yay. Blood... my favorite thing...

ladies that had a c section done were u all awake or did u get general anestesia ( i kno its spelt WRONG!! ) lol....

My coworker was so high that she didn't remember anything. She said she watched the birth video and just cried because she didn't remember hearing him cry or holding him and she was saying stupid stuff and drooling due to the drugs. I don't know that she was out, like sleeping out, but she was definitely out of it mentally.

I'm sorry hun :( I had just about the same thing happen last cycle. I got 4 days of strong positive OPKs - Friday-Monday. We got tired of BDing so I'm sure we missed it that cycle, if I even ovulated. I even took a HPT to rule that out. It wouldn't hurt to do the same, you never know. Maybe try for every other day BDing until you figure out what's going on?

:hugs:

Thanks ladies.... Ill do a hpt in the morning and an opk and see if either sheds any light or i get a huge temp rise to tell me ive ovulated!! I took soy cd3-7 this cycle and 3000mg evening primrose oil each day so im wondering whether thats had an effect as ive never gone this long without ovulating..... Need to get to the docs but theyve already told me i cant see anyone to talk about problems ttc until 1 year post MC so im gonna have to wait until January to be taken seriously.....

I feel so crampy and sore down there and have had really bad 'stitch' like ovulation pains for the last 2 days so my bodies trying to do something!! Just hope something happens soon! x x x x

hey rachel...have your docs told you they wont even run blood tests??? mine sent me for full blood work regardless of how long we have been ttc since our 2nd loss,just to rule out any underlying conditions such as hypothyroidism & stuff...i find it a bit harsh having no answers for a whole 12mnths!!! xx

Rach maybe the soy is trying to release more than one egg? I'd def stick with every other day for as long as possible.
Blood smells gross layne, it's not pleasant but with a baby around I doubt you'll care.x

I was awake for both c-sections. And I nursed both boys. I was told the pain meds were ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->