~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

I used cotton wool and water for ages with DD1 but it is a bit of a faff. Used washable wipes (basically mini flannels) and water from day one with DD2 and now have added a little essential oil to wipes box (sandwich box) to help with poo removal - much more effective than disposable wipes which I've always found tend to just spread the poo around! Not to mention the fact that it's almost impossible to get just one out with just one hand so I end up with a long train of them everywhere!
Gentle on the bottom, cheap and very effective!

Shauna (Mrs. J) had her little girl Caylin 7lbs3oz, 19 1/2 inches long at 5:45pm

Congrats mrs j! :happydance:

Hope the birth went well and you are enjoying every minute with your little princess!

Congratulations Mrs J!!! What a pretty name :)

Lwood, great video, loved the lyrics on it!

Ladies, what is your daily routine?
Be specific as possible please.

I feel like I am not doing enough with AJ...

Layne... I am SURE you are doing enough!! :hugs: If you're loving your LO, feeding him, changing him, etc.. you are doing enough! :)

But.. my routine:

I wake up around 8am.. feed Grant and we immediately go outside for a walk in the stroller for about an hour before it gets hot as HECK.

Come back around 9:30am and hang out a bit and within 30 minutes or so.. he's ready to eat again. Sometimes I play with him on the boppy pillow on the couch or just talk to him or just sit with him and watch TV myself as long as he is content.

Around 11:30am, I get ready to go to Eric's school to have lunch.. get back around an hour later.. sometimes he eats and usually naps for a bit. 2:30pm I have to go get Eric from school.

Repeat what I do around 9:30am..

6:45pm-7:00pm I get him ready for a bath. He LOVES kicking the water so I let him play in there for a smidgen ... dry him up, rub him down with lavender lotion, bottle, and bed.

I sometimes read to him .. not as often as I should...

he isn't awake for very long stretches honestly.. always needs a nap after being awake 2 hours.. it's SUPER unpredictable during the day still. At night he is a lot more consistent. :shrug:

Not sure what you really CAN do at this young stage .. but just talk with him, sing some maybe, read some.. stuff like that! :)

Thank you Holly. I guess what I am doing is normal then.

If we have a "grunt free" night we wake up at 7:30ish for a feed and go from there. If he was grunting and restless we go back to bed after the 7:30ish feed and get up around 9:30.

After the feed I put him in his big boy crib where he looks at his mobile and some black and white images I have taped to the inside. Sometimes on his back sometimes on the boppy. That's when I eat breakfast & do dishes. I will keep winding the mobile till he gets bored. Then I put him on the kick and play gym and look at facebook or whatever and talk with him while he plays. Then a walk and a feed.

If I have errands to run I will do them or I will just drive around until he falls asleep otherwise he won't nap. Come home and put him in bed. If he stays asleep I will eat lunch. Wake up and feed.

We do the morning stuff again without the walk (hot here too) and then Daddy comes home. Daddy will usually play with him on the couch. How long depends on Dad's mood. Sometimes my mom will come over and play with him on her lap. So early evening is always different.

Around 8 or 9 depending on how busy our day was/how long his nap was we will give him a bath & bottle and I will sing to him and put him to bed.

The only things that are set is a feed every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and bed time bath. We tried Baby Wise but this kid hates napping and if I can get one good nap in during the day, I feel like we had success.

He hates tummy time so he has learned to roll from front to back. Little stinker. I'm having Bumbo-Envy seeing everyone's babies sitting in the bumbo. AJ can't do it yet.

Sounds great honestly!

Bumbo's can hurt a a baby's development ... prevents core muscles from strengthening on their own. They are fine to use once in awhile... but don't feel bad about not using it more!! I've read some babies have regressed from using them. I have one ... but after reading that- I don't plan on having him sit in it for long. :hugs:

Sounds great honestly!

Bumbo's can hurt a a baby's development ... prevents core muscles from strengthening on their own. They are fine to use once in awhile... but don't feel bad about not using it more!! I've read some babies have regressed from using them. I have one ... but after reading that- I don't plan on having him sit in it for long. :hugs:

I heart you Holly

Holly's wonderful isn't she? :)

So, tomorrow night is the night! 10:30pm Going in for my induction. Baby should be here Thursday! I've been having those dumb false labor contractions pretty consistently today! Wish/pray they would turn into labor!! But I'm not too hopeful.
Dr.'s yesterday said I'm 1cm...finally something is slowly happening at least!

I'll keep in touch. :)

Holly's wonderful isn't she? :)

So, tomorrow night is the night! 10:30pm Going in for my induction. Baby should be here Thursday! I've been having those dumb false labor contractions pretty consistently today! Wish/pray they would turn into labor!! But I'm not too hopeful.
Dr.'s yesterday said I'm 1cm...finally something is slowly happening at least!

I'll keep in touch. :)

:blush: thanks.. but you ALL are!!! :flower:

I'm sooooo excited for you my dear!!! Will you be updating throughout or after or what!?!?

Not sure if we will be bringing the computer or not. Ray has his Iphone for updates...my guess is i will update more afterwards. Haven't really thought about it...

Congratulations Mrs J!!! :happydance:

Yay Dimples.... Can't wait to find out what you're having!! How come you're being induced??

Holly - as always a mine of information!

I'd love to post my routine but it would take forever as there is so much too-ing and fro-ing with Little Big! Tiny Wee has three or four naps a day - 2 or 3 short ones and one long one in the middle of the day. She just has to fit round whatever we're doing that day and mostly it works. She is rarely up for more than an hour and a half at a time.

She has a bath every night, sometimes with her big sister sometimes not, she is in bed and asleep between 6.30 - 7. I'm still feeding her to sleep most of the time as she is rubbish at self settling.

She feeds pretty randomly throughout the day!!

Hope you're all good?

:flower:

Congrats mrs J.
Good luck dimples!!
:hugs:

I can't post a routine as don't have one, is that really bad? Lo eats and sleeps at different times each day! No routine for how long or where more of wherever we are really. We do go to bed by 10pm but sometimes he will be in his basket and other nights he sleeps with me. Not doing play activities with him, more cooing at his cute face!
You lot and your routines are fab! I applaud you.xxx

Congrats mrs J.
Good luck dimples!!
:hugs:

I can't post a routine as don't have one, is that really bad? Lo eats and sleeps at different times each day! No routine for how long or where more of wherever we are really. We do go to bed by 10pm but sometimes he will be in his basket and other nights he sleeps with me. Not doing play activities with him, more cooing at his cute face!
You lot and your routines are fab! I applaud you.xxx

That is pretty how my new baby routine is...there isn't one. Baby feeds and sleeps when they want obviously if over tired etc. I would put them down for a nap but I find rather than trying to stick to a schedule being flexible works better for me because for one my stress levels are reduced and happy mummy equals happy baby!

Thanks all. I was stressing but I am over it now. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"