~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

Congrats Cornish!

I went for a grotlwth scan yesterday girls... my lo is 3 lbs and 6 oz... what a big bruiser she is.... everything is going well for us. ;)
Next appt I only have to see him in clinic.... no ultrasound in 3 weeks... I think this means I have graduated to healthy!!! Haha... even my BP is going well! Yahoo.

The spd is still in high gear but managing with being home.

Cheers girls.

Mememe, glad all is going well! Sounds like that LO will be a chunky little monkey by the time she comes out:)

My SPD and hip probs stopped the minute baby was out but 2 nights ago I was lying in bed on my side, I had a huge sneeze and my hips popped again and have been hurting in exactly the same place and as much as when pregnant ever since! Bizarre.

Meme, great news! Glad all is going well.

Zomo, hope another sneeze sorts your hips out!

All quiet on here at the mo? How are babies, bumps and TTc doing?

Anyone got any experience on introducing bottles just for a feed or two to give me a break? I'll express but don't want to over stimulate supply as having foremilk issues already. Would just love to sleep for more than 2 hrs and oh is wanting to feed. Any advice appreciated.xx

Anyone got any experience on introducing bottles just for a feed or two to give me a break? I'll express but don't want to over stimulate supply as having foremilk issues already. Would just love to sleep for more than 2 hrs and oh is wanting to feed. Any advice appreciated.xx

Your lucky oh is wanting to feed! Novelty has worn off over here!!

Your lucky oh is wanting to feed! Novelty has worn off over here!!
:haha: i remember my dh being keen on feeding when i was weaning dd but that soon wore off too

Cornish do you get leakage from the non feeding boob if so why not get some breast shells and start collecting and freezing it. You don't simulate your supply any more and after a week or so can collect a reasonable amount for occasional bottle feeds. I used to freeze the milk in ice cube trays and keep little cubes to put in bottles when i needed it.

Cornish do you get leakage from the non feeding boob if so why not get some breast shells and start collecting and freezing it. You don't simulate your supply any more and after a week or so can collect a reasonable amount for occasional bottle feeds. I used to freeze the milk in ice cube trays and keep little cubes to put in bottles when i needed it.

Genius!

Meme - Glad to hear things are going well! Can't believe your little girl will be here soon! Happy 30 weeks!

Zomo - Hope your hips get better!

I had another ultrasound Tuesday, and our little peanut is measuring perfectly. :cloud9: 9w2d with a HB of 176 BPM! I'm so thankful and relieved that things are going well this time.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/yam102284/IMAG0082.jpg

Great news tweak.

I'm sure novelty will wear off quickly but while he is willing I wanted to give it a go. Got the shells, fill them and over flow so stopped using for the min. I just wrap muslins around my boobs to try and stay dry-ish! It's making feeding in public a pain, but hoping supply will sort itself out.x

Well you can use more than one per feed just swop over when they are full or put milk into a sterile bottle. If you are getting that much you don't want to express so you are better off collecting what you have!

hi every1..can i please get some advice??my ok...the area where my nipples are attached 2 d aerola is cracked a bit i dont kno if iz because lo isnt latchin on correctly..once he starts 2 suck the pain goes away..breastfeeding him isnt painful jus the moment that he holds on..am i doin something wrong??

hi every1..can i please get some advice??my ok...the area where my nipples are attached 2 d aerola is cracked a bit i dont kno if iz because lo isnt latchin on correctly..once he starts 2 suck the pain goes away..breastfeeding him isnt painful jus the moment that he holds on..am i doin something wrong??

Totally normal in the first three weeks of breastfeeding as long as baby has a good mothful of breast and the initial pain doesn't last for more than 10 seconds. Use some lanolin based cream if that helps and try and let your boobs air dry as much as possible.

Sweet angel .. try to also express a little extra great milk when u are done feeding and let that dry on the nipples.. it will leave a protective film.. It is good in a pinch but the creams are better.

Well ladies I am sitting in my baby room.... 10 weeks to go... the room is almost done. I am crazy. To my defense I have been home for 5 weeks now.. it is a little boring. I am still waiting on a couple orders though for decor.. a big 6ft tree for the wall and a picture mobile which I am going to make owls to hang off of. Bumper pads.. softy nice ones.. I know I am not saposed to use them.. it is just for when she is bigger.

I will try to attach pics later... I need an idea for over the crib... I painted that wall a raspberry pink and the rest of room taupe... the pink is a little overwhelming so I need something to ease the brightness.

I did an owl theme. Owls are so awesome! I am addicted and dream of owls now... haha..
Hope everyone is well. I am not check-in on everyone's journals lately... not sure why I have all the time in the world... just lazy I guess. Can't sit well at comp... so here I am on my phone again.. :)

I cheerio girlieos! Happy St patties day.

I was topping up with bottles before we even left the hospital, she has a mega appetite and I wasnt producing much. Ember was able to switch between bottle and breast quite easily but she was constantly hungry so ended up bottle feeding on SMA Gold more than she got from me. I started expressing so I could see what she was getting but her appetite went through the roof - over a litre a day and she was getting so much SMA that she became lazy about breastfeeding and was more reluctant to go back to the breast where she had to work for it!

I am now at the point of giving up breastfeeding, each day she is taking a 1000mls+ of SMA to my 50ml drop in the ocean contribution of breastmilk which takes forever to express.

Since the start, my OH has been feeding her with the bottled breast and SMA milk, has saved my sanity as I was beyond exhausted from getting up all through the night too.

Zomo I'm glad someone else has a hungry baby!
Libby can eat up to 45oz a day (1350mls)

What has your health visitor said?
They told me to not give her stage two milk and limit her to 5oz a feed! But she screams starving constantly!

Hi Ladies,
Full-term yesterday...so now I'm in "operation get baby out" mode. On Thursday, last week I had my group B test a long w/ a quick cervix check. I was disappointed to find out my cervix is closed. My OH and I were supposed to leave for the Domincan on Saturday but my dr. pulled the "what if" on us, and completely changed her tone from 10 weeks ago when I asked her. So, we were bummed that we couldn't go. We went up to Traverse City, MI instead. I walked a ton! One of the days I walked over 3 miles and climbed a sand dune!
I've been having LOADS of BH contractions, but they never amount to anything which is annoying. Tonight I'm really uncomfortable...I feel like everything is stretching, my lower back aches and I keept having BH. No loss of mucus plug, no bloody show...nothing. I was hoping that if we didn't get to go on our trip, that I would at least have the baby this week, or a good "scare," but nothing so far!

Tweak~So glad to hear you baby is doing well! :)
SweetAngel~the cracking is normal. put some Lansola (Sp) cream on those nipples! :) Air-dry them when possible.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Zomo, thanks for advice. Lo had first bottle last night, oh gave him 1.5oz of collected milk after I bf him, he took it really well.
Dimples, thinking of you. It's such a frustrating time and I hope you lo makes an appearance soon for you. Signs are sounding good though.xxx

Zomo, thanks for advice. Lo had first bottle last night, oh gave him 1.5oz of collected milk after I bf him, he took it really well.
Dimples, thinking of you. It's such a frustrating time and I hope you lo makes an appearance soon for you. Signs are sounding good though.xxx

What did you collect the milk in? I'm keen to try giving Isme a bottle but don't want to express as only just got the oversupply issue under control!

They're called breast shells by Avent. I couldn't use them for a while as due to do much milk they ended up overflowing and I ended up in a mess, but getting at least an ounce now just from let down on side I'm not feeding. Steph did suggest bagging by boob up if too much milk, def could be done but not very discreet! Xx

They're called breast shells by Avent. I couldn't use them for a while as due to do much milk they ended up overflowing and I ended up in a mess, but getting at least an ounce now just from let down on side I'm not feeding. Steph did suggest bagging by boob up if too much milk, def could be done but not very discreet! Xx

Oh i don't know i think its a pretty sexy look myself :rofl:

Maybe I should just tape bags there for the day, I'd collect loads! Nipple catheter been invented?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->