~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

Zomo I'm glad someone else has a hungry baby!
Libby can eat up to 45oz a day (1350mls)

What has your health visitor said?
They told me to not give her stage two milk and limit her to 5oz a feed! But she screams starving constantly!

Wow that is a hungry baby Woody! I thought Ember was a little piggy clearing up to 1200mls a day! Health visitor said that it was absolutely fine, she said some babies put on a lb a week and it is no problem and to give her as much of the SMA Gold as she wanted. All she did say was to stick to that and not go for the 'extra hungry' or alternatives.

I think if I had been advised to limit her feed I would end up going loopy from the screaming, she won't stop til she is full, can't really blame her!

Dimples, sorry to hear baby is being stubborn! I was in that position at 40+2 after weeks of trying to get her moving and 2 days of failed induction - its so frustrating with BH teasing all the time and sod all else happening!

So, for a few days now I've been having the low-back ache and very uncomfortable...well today I felt even worse. The constant BH and diarrhea cramping with no diarrhea! I tried to go for a walk this AM, but got a really bad pain on my right side only, which then caused a contraction in the front of my stomach. I had to stop, and sit on the sidewalk! (then make my way home). I have felt like puking all day as well. Then I fell asleep on the couch b/c I've been so tired and now I have a kink in my neck! I decided to try for a walk this evenign again...I made it w/ lots of BH contractions and pressure. I had the diarrhea cramping as soon as I walked in the door...went to the bathroom, of course nothing but some of my plug! Hope I'm going somewhere w/ all this!

Loving all the new baby talk ladies!! So wonderful to read :happydance:

Dimples, i really hope you get some relief soon and little one comes soon x x

AFM - Finally reached 12 weeks!! Got my scan tomorrow so hoping everything is still going well!! Pray for me ladies x x

Hope scan goes well Rachel!!!

Oh and I'm still here...no baby! Grr...

How is everyone doing?
Question for you ladies, when do you start using wet wipes over cotton wool and water?
Xxx

How is everyone doing?
Question for you ladies, when do you start using wet wipes over cotton wool and water?
Xxx

I used them in the hospital! Cotton wool was practically useless on meconium anyway. I only use fragrance free sensitive wipes though until the get older.

Day one... I don't think they were sensitive either

Cornish, I started using wipes after about 4 days. Apparently at the local antenatal class my friend went to they were advising against it because of them causing painful nappy rash? I have had no problems at all, wipe then talc and she is clean and dry and not had any nappy rash. The midwife gave a tip she used on her baby that nappy rash is quickly cleared up by wipes / cotton wool and water, followed by talc and then sudocrem on top of the talc on the affected area. Ember had a slight reddening once and it was gone within a few hours using this tip!

Thanks. See I was advised against using talc due to potential of it getting into lungs! Bloody advise, I've given all my talc away!!

Cornish, I started using wipes after about 4 days. Apparently at the local antenatal class my friend went to they were advising against it because of them causing painful nappy rash? I have had no problems at all, wipe then talc and she is clean and dry and not had any nappy rash. The midwife gave a tip she used on her baby that nappy rash is quickly cleared up by wipes / cotton wool and water, followed by talc and then sudocrem on top of the talc on the affected area. Ember had a slight reddening once and it was gone within a few hours using this tip!

I was told talc was a big nono too because it can cause breathing problems and if you let the bits air dry for a few minutes that will solve most nappy rash.

Cornish i was actually advised against just cotton wool and water and advised to put a bit of baby wash in if i was using just water as this will clear the ammonia from the wee whereas water doesn't always and can cause problems.

Crazy isn't it how advise changes from area to area! Xx

Its stupid certainly! I just use wipes for convenience i mean can't always have a bottle of cooled boiled water and cotton wool to hand on the move so what is the point at home? And anything you can do to mae your life easier with a newborn...go for it i say!

It's funny that you all were advised against using wipes because that's what the hospital has always provided when I had my older boys. I mean, things could have changed in the last 3 years, so we'll see what happens when I go in this time. I did have one issue with diaper rash with DS2 in the hospital, but that was because I overdid it with the vaseline after circumcision, I think. After I stopped using the vaseline, it cleared right up.

Like LB said, I wasn't even asked, just given wipes and diapers. I didn't even think twice about it. Maybe if I was planning on cloth diapering? My little guy only had a butt problem when he had the tummy bug and it was just red around the bung-hole and it cleared up with A&D ointment.

My sister posted this video on my facebook. Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->