The molar thread!

Lyns, I called my hospital today & they didn't take my HCG before my MC or until a week after my D&C so I don't have a lot to go on.

The level a week on was 1123, if that helps at all?

:hug:

Thank you Dan-o :hugs:

I have resisted testing for a few days (god even now I sound like a POASaholic) and tested again today....and my tests are sugnificantly lighter. Its one week past my D&C. After my last (non-molar) D&C my tests went negative after 11 days.

No apppointment from the hospital yet to tell me my results....:rolleyes: they said I would have one by now. I've noticed some people call Weston park direct for results, but I don't know if you can if you are under an outside hospital?

Got my latest beta from last weds, I'm down to 30 & my urine is now normal! Yay! :yipee:

Only 25 to go & I'll escape the dreaded chemo, woo hoo! :D

Thank you Dan-o :hugs:

I have resisted testing for a few days (god even now I sound like a POASaholic) and tested again today....and my tests are sugnificantly lighter. Its one week past my D&C. After my last (non-molar) D&C my tests went negative after 11 days.

No apppointment from the hospital yet to tell me my results....:rolleyes: they said I would have one by now. I've noticed some people call Weston park direct for results, but I don't know if you can if you are under an outside hospital?

Why not gove them a buzz lyns?
I had to pester mine like mad to get things moving, but it still took 6 weeks for my referral to come through! Fingers crossed for you anyway xxx

I have been doing just that today, but I thought I'd start by calling my local......I am waiting for a call from the ward doctor, who hopefully will be able to tell me more, but I have to say they don't seem particularly bothered about helping....not like its important or anything!

Thank you all for your help and support. I have now received the (welcome) news that my inital results show no sign of molar pregnancy. I am awaiting an appointment in June to see what they do tell us as this of course begs the question of why 2 mmc's in less than 6 months, and why if it was a failed pregnancy my HCG was so high?

I've done a fair bit of reading up and searching on molar in the last couple fo weeks and do wish all you ladies the very best for a speedy recovery from it and to be able to hasten back to TTC. We have decided on a short break as whilst I may now be able to physically TTC, I'm afraid my heart wouldn't take another loss right now.

Thank you again for welcoming me and sharing your experiences in my wait xxx

Ahhh excellent news your pregnancy was not molar lyns!! xx

thats good news!

dan-o how long did it take for sheffield to get in touch with you? its been 2 weeks after a i was informed that i have had a complete molar and i havent yet heard anything from them.

xx

Hi tina :)

I'm with charing cross, but they seem to work off the same guideline.
I got my pack through a few days after they received my referral from my local hospial.

It took about 2 weeks for my gyne to refer me tho!!!

I'd chase it up if I were you, they are all very friendly & helpful. It could be it's just gone missing in the post. (or someone needs a kick up the bum!!)

Sending :hugs: hope they don't leave you in limbo for much longer hun xxx

hi everyone, so sorry to hear all your stories. I found out last wk i had a partial molar pregnancy. Same as a few of u ladies had my routine scan at 12 weeks and was told baby had stopped growing after 5 wks, was beyond devastated, had the d&c a week later and life moved on around me. Was scarily asked to go back up to the hospital last tuesday to talk to the surgeon who explained that i'd had a partial mole...nvr even heard of it before. I cant believe after my angel had bn taken from me i was now being told i had to stop trying. My husband and I decided to start trying as soon as we could and to be honest it was the one and only thing keeping me going, now im lower than rock bottom. Sent off my first urine sample on monday and the whole process does nothing but remind me how cruel life is. Every single one of my friends either announced their pregnancy whilst i was pregnant or have announced it now. Im the only one without my baby and for the rest of the year and beginning of next year i have the constant reminder of losing my baby whilst they are all giving birth to theirs. When did life become so cruel...ive turned into such a bitter angry person and totally hate myself, hate the person ive become. I'm just hoping that my hcg levels drop quickly so that it can be the 6 months i need to wait and not a year...dont think i can cope with longer than that.... a very much feeling sorry for herself Brooke xx

BrookieG, I am so sorry hunny :hugs:

It's the thought of waiting that suffocated me too, our plan of trying again asap was the only thing keeping my head above water at one stage.

It does get easier, I promise ...& remember waiting the full year etc is only 'advised' so they can follow you up accurately, nothing is set in stone, it's your choice at the end of the day ;)

Sending :hug: sweetie :hugs: xxxxxxxx

PS. I am one of those who have gone over the dreaded '56 day' limit :dohh: (typical me! lol) xx

thats good news!

dan-o how long did it take for sheffield to get in touch with you? its been 2 weeks after a i was informed that i have had a complete molar and i havent yet heard anything from them.

xx

Hi Tina, Don't know if you read any of my posts on this thread a while back?
I'm with sheffield, and they contacted me about 2 1/2 after i'd had my gynae appointment with the confirmation?
like dan-o says they're really friendly, so i would call them? do you have their number? if not pm me and i can give it to you.
So sorry to hear of your loss, i know how heartbreaking it is, hopefully we'll all get through this waiting together.:hugs:

hey ladies haven't been around for a while, just moved house.
How is everyone? how are you doing dan-o?
To newcomers welcome and i'm so sorry that you're here:cry:
I got my hcg results and are normal woo hoo, so will now be waiting till september, after a little daliance last month which came to nothing.
How long are you all waiting until?

hey roc, thanks for the advice!

ive rang sheffield this morning and they said im not even on their books yet and that my local hospital hasnt referred me.

so i gave the number of my local hospital to the woman at sheffield and she called them for me. then called me back and said im registered with them now and that i should have my first "pot" to give a sample in within the next couple of days. yey!!

how typical of hospitals??? i cant beleive they still hadnt referred me to sheffield, as if were not going through a traumatic enough time already without more stress. i was starting to think they had forgot about me.

fingers crossed i wont have to wait the whole 12 months, ive done 2 pregnancy tests and theyre both negative so it looks like my HCG levels are already back to normal. xxx

hey ladies haven't been around for a while, just moved house.
To newcomers welcome and i'm so sorry that you're here:cry:
I got my hcg results and are normal woo hoo, so will now be waiting till september, after a little daliance last month which came to nothing.
How long are you all waiting until?

so pleased to hear that your levels were normal hun :):):)

I'm fine, just waiting & waiting still... zzzzzz....
Last HCG was 30, had another today, so should get the results on friday.
I'm not cycling again yet, so I can't even try sneakily, boooo! lol

Great news about your hcg hun & the firm TTC date! Are you going to wait it out until september?
I guess it's not so far away now.
I'm dreading september, my SIL is due her first baby 4 days after my due date & at this rate I won't even be trying again by then, yikes! :shock:

:hug:

ive rang sheffield this morning and they said im not even on their books yet and that my local hospital hasnt referred me.

so i gave the number of my local hospital to the woman at sheffield and she called them for me. then called me back and said im registered with them now and that i should have my first "pot" to give a sample in within the next couple of days. yey!!

how typical of hospitals??? i cant beleive they still hadnt referred me to sheffield, as if were not going through a traumatic enough time already without more stress. i was starting to think they had forgot about me.

fingers crossed i wont have to wait the whole 12 months, ive done 2 pregnancy tests and theyre both negative so it looks like my HCG levels are already back to normal. xxx

OMG my hospital did EXACTLY the same. Stupid NHS!! :hissy:
Glad you are all sorted now xx

Hope you are testing normal already, waiting for mine to go down is driving me CRAZY I wouldn't wish it upon anyone xx

OMG my hospital did EXACTLY the same. Stupid NHS!! :hissy:
Glad you are all sorted now xx

Hope you are testing normal already, waiting for mine to go down is driving me CRAZY I wouldn't wish it upon anyone xx

:hugs: i hope your levels are back to normal really soon :) i know i hope ive been fortunate enough for them to just go back to normal really quickly. i was only 6 weeks pregnant when i had the d&c and my levels were 28,000. with a complete molar there is normally a "cluster of grapes" type thing on the scan and the last scan i had there wasnt anything like that so im hoping that they caught it in time.

as soon as i had the d&c i lost my sore boobs and any feeling of being pregnant so i suppose that was a good sign.

thank you dan-o. I know i said to my husband when my hcg levels return to normal we should start trying again but im so so scared of going through this again, im desparate to be a mum but petrified of being pregnant..does that sound silly? I got my first hcg results today they're at 33 the woman said its still considered high?? I just dont understand any of it.. my doctor is getting annoyed at me asking questions all the time,(im sure she thinks im wasting appointments) and im scaring myself going on websites...why do they feel the need to have "tumour", "cancerous" and "chemo" in bold letters...as if we're not already worried about the thought of it!! im praying to my guardian angel that my levels drop to 0 as soon as poss...ive still not even had a period and my D&C was 5 weeks ago!!! if i believed in god anymore id say he was trying to push me to my utter limit!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->