~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

I have 10 so far so usually enough to use during the day,but he is still in disposables at night.I am having to wash them everyday at the moment so he as enough.

Not bought any for about 2 weeks,think I must be ill!! Def going to be buying some more Itti Bittis have 3 at the mo and they seem to work best for us at the moment plus they fit under clothes really well.

My BGs leaked a couple of times,I think if the insert is not in just right then it does happen,well thats my theory anyway might be completely wrong!:shrug:.

Nappy shopping time me thinks!:smug:

I have read a couple of times with people struggling with the BG's leaking....my BG only has one insert that isn't huge...maybe I need to use a bigger insert?

What makes do you have dizzy?

My BGs came with 2 inserts an adjustable one and a thinner one,think the thinner one might be a newborn insert?.I usually use the thicker one and both if he is going to be in it a while.They look really bulky on him at the moment though when he has both in so only really use at home think when he has grown some more they wont be as bad.

I have so far 5 x BGs,a couple of Blueberrys,and 3 x Itti Bittis.

Found a website though that make nappies in a design you want and also matching T-Shirts!Im in love!!:cloud9:

I have 7 at the min and 6 on the way. Ive had a couple of leaks with BGs. I only use the bigger insert when I used both inserts I didnt get any leaks. You do have to make sure its completely flat inside and not bunched up anywhere.

The BG leak too if you don't put them on tight enough. If you take a clean dry one and pour water on it, it makes a little puddle then soaks in slowly. The small insert has never worked for me, I always have to use the big insert or two small ones together. They also tend to repel liquids if you wash them with anything other than pockets, especially unbleached cotton.

I lied before girls - I do have the larger adjustable insert for the BG...I didn't pull it out of the washing machine and it ended up in my dark load - now I have a blue insert and it was washed with fabric softner :cry:

I tried to soak it in water in the sink then re-washed it with the nappies again...fingers crossed I haven't toally ruined it :dohh:

I want to order some more but I thought I'd love the BG's and all I keep hearing is of leak problems...think I'll wait and see how I get on with the Wonderoos and Fuzzi Bunz first!

x

I lied before girls - I do have the larger adjustable insert for the BG...I didn't pull it out of the washing machine and it ended up in my dark load - now I have a blue insert and it was washed with fabric softner :cry:

I tried to soak it in water in the sink then re-washed it with the nappies again...fingers crossed I haven't toally ruined it :dohh:

I want to order some more but I thought I'd love the BG's and all I keep hearing is of leak problems...think I'll wait and see how I get on with the Wonderoos and Fuzzi Bunz first!

x

You can get BG inserts for £3 on a lot of nappy sites. I had to buy a new one because my dog stole one off the airer and chewed it! Little *******

Thanks hun - I'll look into that if needed! I could just imagine our dog doing that too! They can be sooo cheeky!

I'm off to buy some more nappies as I can't get it out of my head until I do!!!! :blush:

Only a couple mind......

One dose of fabric softener won't do any harm, wash it a couple of times and it will be fine :hugs: The only time my BG leaked was when Jack was ready to move up to the next set of snaps and I hadn't realised yet. As long as they are fitted right they are absolutely fine on Jack and I wouldn't be without them. But all babies are different.

I have 14 pockets, 11 BG and 3 BB. They last about 2.5 days and I wash every other day. We use eco disposables at night atm but once we run out we're going cloth full time, so I'll probably pick up another couple of BB.

The only time my BG leaked was when OH put it on him:dohh:

I just tend to use the thicker insert in the pockets.

The AIO Organic BG'S are the nuts! Fab nappies...I wish I had more of those!

Ill have to put some BG AIOs on my list!

Hopefully my blueberries will turn up today, Im so excited. I ordered the plain black one, cow print and sage spots on chocolate! :happydance:

Jacqui, Are the BG AIO organics better than the BG V3's? More absorbent? Better fit?

Sam, Did your BB's arrive?

No nappies came for me in the post today Im so upset! Just a bill. Hopefully tomorrow.

Fingers crossed! Hope you get them tomorrow.

I restrained from ordering anymore last night (nearly did!) but then thought I should trial what I have so far and decide which work best and are my favs and then order some of those makes!

I got my Fuzzi's this morning and they look fab...can't wait to try them out!

I have a BG back on LO again now with both inserts this time :dohh: - no leaking yet! :thumbup:

Think I'm going to order some Itti Bitti's as lots of you girls rate them too! Now it's just a case of choosing colours...decisions, decisions!!!!! :blush:

The only time the BG leaked on us to is when someone else put it on her. I use the big insert, i clip the nappy first then put the insert in with the folded bit to the front, make sure the back bits all folded up correctly and i'll give it a shake (like you would with a duvet when you put it in a cover) to make sure it's even.

My itti bitti nappy never came today either :hissy: hope it will tomorrow! It's a bit too big but i'm hoping as they slim fitting we might get away with it i can't wait to put her in it!

I'm just an idiot who forgot to pull the larger insert out of the washing machine and let it go through my dark load with fabric softner :blush: whoops!

I just tried the BG on LO again and no leaks but I used both inserts to be sure and left it in for 3 hours on purpose to test it - seemed pretty good!

Now we have the blueberry on again (all I've done the last couple of days is wash nappies!!!).

Think I'm going to order some Itti Bittis now...... :thumbup:

x

How you find the blueberry laurie? I'm contemplating it!

I have a question for any bumgenius users? If it's just a wet nappy have you ever just replaced the insert rather than changing the whole nappy? I always tend to change the whole thing never really thought about just changing the inserts as you can with itti bitti's.

The bum genius are pockets so you need to change the whole thing because the pocket part gets wet too. I think with the ones with snap in inserts you could just change those if it hasn't soaked through to the outer part, but I haven't used the itti bittis so I'm not certain.

The bum genius are pockets so you need to change the whole thing because the pocket part gets wet too. I think with the ones with snap in inserts you could just change those if it hasn't soaked through to the outer part, but I haven't used the itti bittis so I'm not certain.

ahhh right, i did think that it would be wet which is why i wondered. With the snap (because i haven't actually seen one so i'm a bit unsure) is that on top if you will, actually touching the baby's skin then?

Gosh i think my brains gone on holiday tonight without me :blush: :blush::dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"