~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Aww atleast you get some cuddles. Layla just wont settle at the moment so I took her in with me last night and she just wriggled and kicked me in the belly for about 3 hourse before finally dropping off. She's almost crawling, so keeps turning onto her tummy and getting up on all fours in the night, its such a pain, but still makes me go Awwwwww!! :cloud9: I think Im guna have to lower the cot before she decides that its better outside of it!! :dohh:

Thanks for sharing the email off upsy daisy. :D I shant pester them as it sounds like they've got their hands pretty full!!

xxx

we're experincing the same thing at night. Ems is really close to crawling and is always flipping herself over these days. Infact the oh found her this morning in her cot sat up and almost naked, she somehow got 3/4 out of her sleepsuit!

I've just done a really stupid thing, i didn;t really think about it at the time but i put the microfibre cloths in with my nappies and now i have bright yellow nappies including my 2 sets of my new itti bitti inserts and my white BG :hissy:

OH NO!! you dyed your nappies!! :dohh: can you get them on again with some vanish or something?? aaaarrgh! hope it comes out!

bless her lol! she's clever if she nearly got her sleepsuit off. Bet that'll be her new trick now and you'll find she's wriggled out of it every morning haha! xxx

I kno i couldn't beleive it :cry: I really never thought about it and i'm normally so cautious. I tried doing a quick wash in napisan staright after but it hasn't really helped. I do have some white dylon wash but i'm not sure if it's wise to use that on the nappies because of the chemicals etc?

Hi girls how are we all? it seems so quiet on here lately, we must all be off admiring our fluff.
Well today mr h entered the beautiful baby competition in the local paper and guess what ..... he is in his fluff in the pictures they took, so i will need you all to be voting for him soon lol we need a fluffy bum to win.
Well off to bath the brats and get them all in bed god knows i need the peace lol.
Will write to you all in a mo xx

:wave: hi donna. Aww thats so cute, hope mr h wins he deserves to!

morning morning.. :)

Oeww a competition :D anything to win or just have your beautiful man on the cover?!

And dying nappy's yup thats a bummer.. im bound to do that too haha, is it an ugly yellow or could you perhaps get another color and make t something else if you cant get it out? Dyes are generally more friendly then bleaches...

Hi girls

Maya and Donna i hope you get your fluff soon it seems like you have been waiting ages for it now, i bet it looks so cute on them little bums though when it all arrives, as for clingy babies i have a 3yo one of them lol.
Donna what is this about microfibre cloths? Let me know how you get on with them as i may need some haha, as for dying your fluff naughty naughty, would putting them through with a colour restorer/catcher not bring them back to propper colour? As lunity says could you possible dye them a different colour?

Hi Helen how is Finnlay now? I hope he is starting to feel better, i p.m'd you back hun there really is no rush as long as lo is ok don't worry :hugs:

Kirsten thankyou for the info on pop ins i think i may need them lol.

Duffers happy due date hun hope lo arrives soon :hugs:

Laurie how is little man today? Has Deri's tooth popped through yet? :shrug:

Well mr h will be in along side hundreds of other babies so we need to get as many votes as poss for him, it doesn't help that he refused to smile :dohh: all he wanted to do was play with the blanket he was sitting on and when he did smile it was more like an elvis impersonation :dohh: but just to keep the paper he's in for when he is older will be good enough for me as it is something special for in his memory box for him to see when he is bigger, :cloud9: my boy is so amazing ok so he can't sit up, stand, weight bear on his legs etc but he is so beuatiful and adorable and a joy to have :cloud9:
Well i have been sorting my stash of fluff out and have decided all my kushie kooshie ultras are to go :cry: there are 30 of them and i have a few tots bots etc so think i will ask on here tomorrow and then chuck them on the used nappy site if not, has anyone sold anything before on the used nappy site before? I have over 65 nappies now and more on the way :blush: and dh says 5 draws full of fluff is to much. bbbboooooooooooo to dh :haha:

morning morning.. :)

Oeww a competition :D anything to win or just have your beautiful man on the cover?!

And dying nappy's yup thats a bummer.. im bound to do that too haha, is it an ugly yellow or could you perhaps get another color and make t something else if you cant get it out? Dyes are generally more friendly then bleaches...

Mornin or evening as it is here! How are you and bump?

yea it's kinda illuminous wee kinda yellow :dohh: not nice :cry: It's the velcro bits thats have got it the worst tbh!

Hi girls

Maya and Donna i hope you get your fluff soon it seems like you have been waiting ages for it now, i bet it looks so cute on them little bums though when it all arrives, as for clingy babies i have a 3yo one of them lol.
Donna what is this about microfibre cloths? Let me know how you get on with them as i may need some haha, as for dying your fluff naughty naughty, would putting them through with a colour restorer/catcher not bring them back to propper colour? As lunity says could you possible dye them a different colour?

Heya.

Basically, iafter a coversation with Ellie last week i've bought a packet of microfibre dusters, you know the 3 dusters for £1 kind of thing? Ellie seemed to think they made good soakers which makes sense they are the same kind of material as some inserts you can buy. So i decided to buy a pack and give them a whirl overnight inbetween 2 regular inserts. I'm going to use with my BG, fold the cloth over and stick it between the large and newborn inserts. Haven't tried them yet as i want to wash them a few times first and get the absorbancy up. Will let you girls know if it works though!

I've got some dylon white wash powder colour restorer do u think that would rescue my nappies without ruining them?

Id give it a go... the worst that can happen is that some parts still look yellow.. and in that case you might just want to get some fabric dye from a local crafts store or something ;)..

O man the times ive had to do that!!! I think they even have friendly dyes out there!

Bump is good, had a midwife appointment which got rescheduled to tomorrow. (i hate how that happens!) The second time in 4 appointments i have had that happen to me, but hey ho.. guess she is busy too..

I can feel Cole twisting around quite a bit and im wondering what he is up too as in.. is he just trying to find a more comfortable position for the rest of the ride :rofl:, i am defenitely getting a bit more uncomfortable now.. (after having such a brill pregnancy so far cant complain though).. :cloud9:

has anyone sold anything before on the used nappy site before?

I use the used nappy site, it's good, nice and easy to use. I just put loads of nappies on and forget about it then they email you when they sell!

:)

Lunaty - sorry about your mw appointment thats a bit rubbish keep rearranging like that!
Oh you'll soon be moving Cole around becuase he's got a leg in your ribs or something! You'll put your hand there to move him and as soon as you move your hand he'll go right back...oh the joys of pregnancy!

yeah i think im already experiencing that grrr..the little bugger comes after his dad :rofl:!!!

My Firefox bookmarks keep messing about.. it is driving me nuts!!! And im am a former IT support person who's job it was to fix this kind of stuff..

I just had to completely remove and reinstall firefox and it wont let me import my old prefs and favourites anymore.. :growlmad:

Evening girls, well i am ssssssssssoooooooooooooooo happy my hh arrived and it was soon on his lil but and i LOVE them, they could hold a camels piss as my mother would say he did 5 hours in it with no leaks i would of changed him earlier but we were out and about and i forgot he was that happy playing, i think i is a naughty mummy.:blush:
I NEED more hh :dohh: i love them lol i say this about all my nappies itti's as brill and i love them for style, feel and they keep him dry but these, these are amazing for wee holding. I think i need a life all i do is wash, change, look for, buy or dream of is bum fluff :dohh:

How are we all? mr h has cut his second tooth i can just see a tiny bit of it :cloud9: hope you are all well :kiss:

Lunaty - bad news about your pc - i'm no good with that kind of thing so can't help sorry! :hugs:

Donna - good news about your HH! It's great when you find a nappy that works for you isn't it? Aww bless mr H and his second tooth :happydance:. We've just cut our 4th tooth, the second top one but it's safe to say it's been a bu*ger!! My babies practically crawling now aswell, well chuffed :cloud9:

hey ladies how are we all?? i've not been around much recently as we've been really busy trying to sort thru the house n get back to normal !! lol its only taken 3 months!!! oops:dohh: my poor little bug is having a horrible day today!

she's had her 12 week (13 realy) jabs today and she started getting a cold last night :cry: poor thing has a temperature from the jabs, one hell of a runny nose and a little cough (its so pitiful) from the cold and is really grizzly from both poor little thing and to top it all off for her she's really teething! so is drooling like mad! i could just :cry:

got some preloved smart nappies (just the outers!) thru yesterday and i'm loving them! and i'm still waiting on a couple more bits of fluff to come thru!!!

huge :hugs: to all

sara

xxxxx

Ahh poor Daisy :(

Love the avatar pic with the horse, i used to ride a lot.. :cloud9: will have to pck it up again soon though there are no reals tables here, you kinda have to own your own ..

Mac is alright had to manually add all my bookmarks again... grrr
My neon grean NB nappy arrived too.. it's soo damn cute :D

About those HH's.. mine looks very sturdy and leak proof too though i have read different reviews and it seems like there are different makes with different fabrics... hmmm

If this one fit's ncely ill def buy me some more ;)

Just had my midwife appointment too.. bubs is measuring a weak ahead (30 weeks) and all seems fine... of to do some more bloods and glucose test next JUCK!

:wave: Hi all, may I join you?? I'm "Shadow" :D
My little man, Vincent, is 7 and a half weeks old now, and has been wearing bamboo terry squares for about a week now I think, and we're loving it!!! I bought 20 bamboo terries and 5 cotton terries before he was born, and a selection of wraps (mainly Nature Babies and Motherease Rikkis) and I had a panic for the first few weeks when I thought we were gonna have to sell it all on and stick the with bio dispisable nappies as I just couldn't imagine how we'd cope with all the laundry etc. But we eased ourselves into it and he's now exclusively in cloth during the day, and even OH is enjoying it!!

I'd love to get some tips on the best wraps to use with terry squares, and would LOVE to talk to others using terry squares, are there any of you out there?? It'd be great to swap tips on folds etc. I find it hard to find folds specifically for heavy wetting boys that don't require a degree in origami! :rofl:

Anyway, great to find you guys, hope to make some friends in here! May I use the fluffy bum club sig logo (if I can find space in my sig!) ??

All the best! :flower:

Shadow xxx

:wave: Shadow!

I don't usually use terries, on the odd occasion that I run out of nappies (if I have been lazy with the washing :blush) I do, I just have cotton ones. I have never really learnt how to fold however, so just do what looks right! (It doesn't usually look very good, lol.)

I just use my little lamb wraps with them, but I find they leak pretty quick so I prefer sticking to my AIOs.

I love Vincents face in your avatar!

Kirsten. :)

:D Hi Kirsten, thanks for the welcome!

I did loads of research before Vince was born, and decided that I'd prefer to use terry squares for a few reasons really: The quick drying time, the cheapness to buy initially and the fact that you have so much control over the fit of the nappy with all the different folds :D Before I bought my "stash", I bought a hemp prefold, a cotton terry square and a bamboo terry square, and I did an "absorbency test" on them all and a drying time test... The bamboo terry was by FAR the winner on absorbency, I was AMAZED at how much liquid it could soak up!! We haven't actually used any of the "spare" cotton ones on him yet, but I'll bett hey'd leak like crazy... He's a very heavy wetter, and the bamboos tend to be totally soaked by the time we change him, but he is fine with it and not even a whisper of nappy rash or anything! But I would like to try out fleece liners :) Might make some of my own today!

Shadow xx

Fleece liners are good, I've always used them whichever nappy I'm using. Yeah I guess bamboo ones would be way more absorbant than the cotton. I tend to use them for all sorts of random things, they are everywhere in my house! Do they end up bulky on Vincent? Mine always end up looking pretty huge. How do you think yours would do overnight?

Oh and go ahead with the fluffy bum logo! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->