The New Positively Positive Thread of Positivity *13* BFPs!!!

I take three pills once a day now and it's much better. Part of my problem before this year was trying to get back on the metformin twice a day. Now with the extended release, I take my pills right before bed and I have had 90% of the side effects go away. Which is much better.

What's the difference between the extended release and the generic? My doctor just switched me from 1 1000mg pill to 2 500mg pills a day. I know that's still a low dosage (he wants me at 2000mg) but he said there's no rush in getting there and I'm really hoping that the smaller dosage twice a day will be much more tolerable. For me, the issue isn't so much nasty cramps but the sudden and unexpected need to find a bathroom asap. That is something that I just can't live with, especially when I start teaching in August. Seriously...one minute I'm fine and the next...yuck! It is SO not fun and really not manageable. I have noticed it's worse when I eat too much sugar, but it's also bad if I eat a slightly larger non-carb meal like steak. I'm sorry, but steak is not all that unhealthy. Geez! Can't I just eat in peace without fear of nasty consequences???!!!

check your bottle. It would say on the bottle extended release. The sudden need to run to the bathroom diminishes after the first couple weeks and I was a high school teacher taking the non extended release 1000mg twice a day and yes there were times I had to call for someone to relieve me but those occasions were very few and far between. Teachers back teachers up and understand emergencies.
your body does get used to it but its a bitch getting there.

Sugar makes the side effects worse. low carb is definitely the way to go and lots and lots of water helps as well.
and the extended release metformin more money than the normal metformin but I don't think I will go back on the normal version. I am willing to pay more to not deal with the severity of the side effects.

I've been taking it since march, and I was STILL having sudden horror poops. It was awful.

Day two of inositol, and my weird brown CM has completely and totally stopped! Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

For me it's just a part of life. I have been on and off metfomin since 2001. The joys of being diagnosed with PCOS at 16. I look at it as a clearing out of my system. Hence why you tend to lose weight on it.

I had to go low carb to lose weight as well but the metformin helps

Well, I've switched to two doses of 500mg a day instead of 1 dose of 1000mg and it seems to have stopped the side effects. I'm going to stick with that dosage for at least two more weeks and if no side effects I'll increase it. It's such a relief not having to worry about needing the bathroom asap.

GP your post made me laugh so hard! Also, I really need to try that stuff!

So, I'm not so confident I ovulated...perhaps the metformin is screwing with my system? I'd say it's possible because I've been on the higher dose this entire cycle and been sick for most of it as well until these last few days. I am losing my sweet tooth, so that's a nice change. I've battled that my whole life. But anyway, back to ovulation....my temperatures have been SUPER erratic this cycle, even during what I thought was my follicular phase. Like today....my BBT was lower than it has ever been my entire life (or at least since I started charting). There's no way I have progesterone in my system. I'm typically consistently up in the 98.0-4 area when I've successfully ovulated. Yesterday I had a patch of ewcm which made me wonder if I'm having a late ovulation. I guess I'll find out and see when 15dpo comes around with no AF and no positive hpt. It's just frustrating to have such an erratic chart. Maybe that's a good sign of my body trying to function the way it should?

Thanks for all your advice ladies. I'm SO glad I have people to talk to who completely understand.

How is everyone today?

I am trying to figure out whats going on with my cycle as well. Well, I don't temp or do anything, usually when I start to see some spotting, the period is not far behind. Not this time I guess. I had light spotting friday and yesterday and nothing today. So I am waiting. I haven't had the period in three months but now I am cramping and my boobs are hurting. can it just show up already!

Yep...yet another anovulatory cycle. AF no where in sight...debating on using provera. I did start Inositol, so we'll see what that does...

How is everyone else doing?

Sorry to hear it wasn't you're month Opera :-(

AFM: I'm supposedly days away from babies birth. I feel he's going to be there a few more weeks yet. I get the odd stomach cramps on occasion but that's my only symptoms really. Wish he'd just get his bum in gear now. We just want him here and safe xx

Bumblebee, hopefully he'll be here sooner rather than later!

Opera, how much inositol are you taking daily? Some ladies had luck with getting it to start a cycle in as little as two weeks, which is about how long it takes for Provera to do it for me.

I take 1.5 tea spoons of it. Or I would be if I hadn't forgotten it at home! Well I will restart in 11 days when I get home from vacation.

How many mg is that in your brand? My current one is 700mg per 1/4 tsp. The new bottle I just ordered is 600mg per 1/4 tsp.

Thank you GP I hope so getting to the uncomfortable stage now!! Xx

700mg. I read on a PCOS blog you should have 4 grams a day so I get close to that in 1.5 teaspoons

I read that too, but it was only on the one blog that said that was how much people took in the studies. All the PCOS forums I trolled had people taking anywhere from 1200 to 2800mg per day.

Both hubs and I are taking it. We're almost out. I ordered another bottle online. It was supposed to arrive sometime today or through to Monday, but they haven't even SHIPPED it yet! Pissed does not cover it.

Hello, all you lovely ladies!!! Boy have I missed you!

I've tried to keep up with all the goings on, but what with the wedding, starting grad school, internships, promotions and new shows, I know I was far too busy - but I often thought about you all and read many posts and comments!

My heart goes out to you all who are grieving losses, I'm jumping up and down thrilled for those of you who made one stick (and are still around to encourage), and to those of you still in the trenches - I'm right along side you & back in business!!!

I hope everyone is having a good start to summer (teachers, you must be STOKED to be off for a few months!). Anyone got any awesome vacation plans??

Bumblebee, you must be ready to POP!!!!!! Sooooo awesome!!!

Briiiiiiiiiiiie! I'm so happy to see you! I missed you muchly! I hope everything is super with you! :hugs:

I got my RPL test results back today, and I might have lupus anticoagulant syndrome. Blood clotting disorder, treatable! I go back for confirmation testing on August 26th. More info in my journal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->