The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Awww that's a shame - we could have been in together! But I'm at the Lagan Valley. I thought about the Royal, but the midwife showed me round the unit at LV and I was really impressed. It's a new midwife-led unit with only 4 rooms and they all have a birthing pool and even have a sofa bed in the room for the dads to stay over! It's only up the road too so will be very handy. Are you feeling any better?

The mater is right beside my new house, you'd think Id have the sense to go there lol

Awww that's a shame - we could have been in together! But I'm at the Lagan Valley. I thought about the Royal, but the midwife showed me round the unit at LV and I was really impressed. It's a new midwife-led unit with only 4 rooms and they all have a birthing pool and even have a sofa bed in the room for the dads to stay over! It's only up the road too so will be very handy. Are you feeling any better?

:o I was Lagan Valley whilst they were building new suit. I used to walk to all my appointments I was so close :p

Slight development in my life. I got only 4 hours sleep on monday night...and Silas slept 7 till 7 as normal...;) Am preeeeetty happy atm to say the least and will leave it at that.

Slight development in my life. I got only 4 hours sleep on monday night...and Silas slept 7 till 7 as normal...;) Am preeeeetty happy atm to say the least and will leave it at that.

:haha:

Is Emy getting lucky? :winkwink:

Luna - do you not have underlying conditions that mean you have to go somewhere else? Maybe it wasn't you I read that from.... :dohh:

Yea its me, damn epilepsy! Babys more at risk of having a cleft palate cuz of my medication.

Is Emy gettin lucky! Lucky 4 some! Damn problem pregnancy,lol.

Ah I thought it was you! :hugs:

I have decided. I'm staying clear of 1st tri boards. Some people are just stupid/rude/pig-headed/just plain fooking annoying. :rolleyes::rofl:

Debs that's not just first tri, that's all the pregnancy boards!!!

Ok, I shall stay here, and in March Mums. :sulk: Better the devil you know and all that! You can all be my bump buddies/reluctant listeners/whatever title you choose for yourself! :flower:

Yes Antrim A&E is a total no no - disaster zone. I've had 2 miscarriages and went to royal both times. My OH would prefer me to go there this time but living in Antrim and working beside hosp it's really handy. The staff in maternity there are really nice, the problem is it's just too busy. When I had Katie I didn't even get a bed after giving birth - I was just pushed to window at the end of the ward for a few hours before eventually getting my own room!

What have I let myself in for?! Saying that all my friends have used Antrim and there have been no problems

I dont go in 1st tri, only PAL! Theres always ppl in there saying 'I bled after we had sex, am I pregnant?' etc!

I dunno a fook where this thread is I'm posting in but someone's already sharing words of wisdom about ultrasounds etc... not liking it that i'm pointing out there is no *proven* link between ultrasound and all sorts of horrible things, and the fact info should come from reliable sources...

^^^theres a thread like that in Natural Parenting, doin my head in. Ultrasounds are safe ffs, if they weren't we'd be seeing some correllation by now between babies born in the developed worlds and whatever it is they're claiming. what rubbish. IT'S SOUNDWAVES. fuck me like. some ppl just take things too far. imagine not getting scanned at all, the things that might not get picked up :wacko:

Urgh the pregnancy boards :dohh: . I'm a fairly regular poster in 2nd tri, but honestly, sometimes it's really hard to remain calm as some of the posts are so bloody ridiculous. I read Natural Parenting a lot, but don't really post as it scares me a bit and some people can just be too militant.

aw speccy :( ive always found it very friendly!

I don't go anywer near baby club any more. Too many hormones and I'm sick of the "i saw this woman feeding her baby CHOCOLATE!!!!!!" threads.

Yea its me, damn epilepsy! Babys more at risk of having a cleft palate cuz of my medication.

Is Emy gettin lucky! Lucky 4 some! Damn problem pregnancy,lol.

:smug: Been there, done that. Let the good times roll lol

Awww don't worry NuKe, I'm just shy!! You're right - on the whole it does seem very friendly, especially compared to other places - I just feel out of place at the moment because I don't actually have my baby so have nothing to contribute yet, so it's all a bit scary. It's where I feel I fit as I'll be breast feeding and already have a good cloth stash started, I plan on baby wearing, etc. etc., but I guess I'll feel more at home when I am a parent.

Plus I have a habit of reading the more controversial posts :haha:

Plus I have a habit of reading the more controversial posts :haha:

Lindsay does that too - don't you deny it ;)

The natrual parenting section wasn't even there when I was pregnant...and yeah, apart from co-sleeping I'm a big hippy Mum :thumbup:. Not enough round my way - you do feel you fit in once you have baba.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->