• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Northern Ireland Crew!!

plus u might not be able to like me!! poppys final pregnancy gift... having a poo in me when my waters broke.

LOL Madison done the same thing!

its feckin gross!! the last thing u expect wen u get up for a wee at 5am is green pooey water leaking out of you!! :wacko:

Oh no! Every contraction my waters were leaking & I noticed a funny colour & blood (made me panic a bit) but I didn't know til they broke my waters at 6cm, then at 8cm it was a darker colour so I was whisked of for an emergency c-section:cry: but that decision was the right one, doc said the meconium was down her throat scary! It was also on her hair and in her ear god love her!

plus u might not be able to like me!! poppys final pregnancy gift... having a poo in me when my waters broke.

its feckin gross!! the last thing u expect wen u get up for a wee at 5am is green pooey water leaking out of you!! :wacko:

Oh no! Every contraction my waters were leaking & I noticed a funny colour & blood (made me panic a bit) but I didn't know til they broke my waters at 6cm, then at 8cm it was a darker colour so I was whisked of for an emergency c-section:cry: but that decision was the right one, doc said the meconium was down her throat scary! It was also on her hair and in her ear god love her!

holy crap!! (literally) my waters went on their own, i got up for a wee at 5am, sat down and then whooooosh!!! wen she eventually came out, she came out in a mess of poo, blood and vernix!!! like barry says, it was a pile of multicoloured goop with a baby lyin in the middle of it!!

holy crap!! (literally) my waters went on their own, i got up for a wee at 5am, sat down and then whooooosh!!! wen she eventually came out, she came out in a mess of poo, blood and vernix!!! like barry says, it was a pile of multicoloured goop with a baby lyin in the middle of it!!

Poor you! Poor baby! Again, WHY didn't anyone warn me about all this 5 months ago!!!! :blush:

Yeah, I'm really worried about them going in the night and wrecking my matress :wacko:, I might get like a rubber protector or something? I don't want to have to buy another matress :nope:.

Last time I spilt tea all over my duvet I had to get a new one. :(. I've done dog-midwivery so am asuming it'll be as messy but scaled up. I'm missing out on breeding/delivering pups this year cause of my own baby!

Gorgeous, gorgeous lil girl, LA :flower:. Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing. Well done!

XXX

Emy what breed do you breed? lol I bought some pads for the bed from boots. They are cheep and do the job. They are like incontinence pads, and you will prob have used them in your whelping box as well!

i used these things u get for kids who wet the bed!!! they are by huggies, its like a big flat nappy basically!! does under the sheet and tucks under the sides of the mattress! also, they are great for popping a naked baby down on if u fancy giving them a bit of naked time or a massage!! :thumbup:

Thanks! *adds onto the list of to-gets*

We have just bred our pets a few times, they are Black Minature Schnauzers. Would never have done so if not encouraged by our original breeder who thinks they are fantastic specimens! I've shown my eldest at Crufts after winning the young kennel club competition at the Belfast Dog Show :)

Sooo in total I've delivered 20 puppies, spaced over three litters, I did the entire delivery all three times (first at 5am, second at 1pm and last 7pm), they are a breed which you are generally encouraged to intercept the birth - so I would get the pup out of the sack, get it breathing, cut the cord etc. Lotte did have the instinct on the second time round but because the litter was so huge she wouldn't have been able to sort the second half out; she was exhausted.

First was 2006, Lotte had 7 puppies (wow, average litter is 4) whom we named: Jamie-Lee, Samuel, George, Star, Flash, Baby and Surprise, but have since got proper names from their owners. Jamie-Lee became our second dog Rio.

Second Litter in 2007, Lotte had 9 puppies (our main breeder had only had a single litter of 9 in her entire 30 years or so or dog breeding, and nearly all had died). Smog, Jack, Magic, Lily, Moon, Twinkle, Onyx, Bolt and Berry. We lost three, which was really sad. Little Lily weighed just under 3oz and although I tried to hand rear her after she sucking reflex failed, she eventually died.
Lotte has since been spayed, I think 16 children is enough for anyone! She now has 12 Grandchildren also.

Third Litter was last year when we bred Rio for the first time. She had 4 puppies with absolutely no complications (Lotte's massive litters had meant she got hyper-glycemia both times when we were at the weaning stage). This was definately the best litter - we could give the pups more induvidual attention, tell them apart easier, less poo to clean up...Mum even had them house broken by the time they left for their new homes! They were Paddy, Sambuca, Cherry and Polly. They were all in their new homes so quickly, we didn't even advertise them and by about 5 weeks old they were all booked, as opposed to the second litter where we had Moon (aka Boris) until nearly 20 weeks with advertising!

:kiss: Awk I just loved them all, but was wonderful to see them going to really good homes. Sorry for my puppy rant! It was such a wonderful experience and I hope Rio will be ok if we decide to breed her again. All our pups had a breeding ban, but we lifted Stars and Surprises so they had pups.
With the exception of Baby, Twinkle and Lily I also named all the puppies :blush:, and believe me it's hard to come up with original names (and pedigree names which I honestly struggle to remember now) that everyone likes for all those puppies! :haha:

Examples of Pedigree names:

Rio - Dance Across the Rio Grande
Star - Pick a mix Black Liquorice
George - Boy George Chameleon (they wouldn't let me have the word Karma anywhere)
Surprise - Black Dreams in Colour
Berry - Another Twist of Liquorice
Moon - Once in a Luna Moon

Etc :p

My Dad made the whelping box, which was lined with newspaper and topped with vet bed. :)

https://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy80/emydragon/polly.jpg This is Polly (most of our pups have a bit of white on them but it disappears quickly - we had never had one with such a lovely white foot before!)

https://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy80/emydragon/scruffy.jpg
And here's Rio after her two boys were born looking allowably scruffy bless her :)

Sorrrrrrrrrrrry, I don't have a baby yet, this is the closest thing!

Congratulations Little A - she is so beautiful. And lovely photos - is that your OH who's so clever with the camera? (Incidentally my husband can only manage to take pictures of me looking ten time worse than I do in real life - so not sure I should let him near the camera in hospital!).

And gorgeous pups Emy!

I bred my Staffordshire Bull Terrier once & vowed never to do it again, it was awful I don't think I could put her through all that again. My mum has a miniature Schnauzer too and she tried to breed her a few months ago, the signs of pregnancy were there but she never had any pups, have you ever heard or had any experience with a phantom pregnancy EmyDra?

Aww, those Schnauzers are lovely ^_^
why do they have to have such long/weird pedigree names though? :shrug:

Aww, those Schnauzers are lovely ^_^
why do they have to have such long/weird pedigree names though? :shrug:

its show names too! my folks do a lot of dog agility and jumping, sonny is called sonny short legs, sasha is lanky long legs, i cant remember caffreys name. and copper, well, hes a nutjob and hasnt done it yet lol!

I sat for days thinkin up some good pedigree names mine were

Astrid's Galaxy
Princess Jetta
Midnight Kanika
Mighty Kali
Mystical Shadow
Tia's Courageous Soldier - Originally Vivacious Balthazar but they wouldn't let me have that :-( he was such a wee fighter nearly died twice! He has a condition called Hip Dysplasia & the vet told us it would be better to put him down & didn't give him his vaccinations cos he thought he was on his way out but the pup proved him wrong THEN caught the parvo virus after ingesting his mums vomit (tmi) he fought the virus and is doing really well today!

They were named after stars, colours & ancient leaders.

Yes - I have exprienced a dog phantom pregnancy (be be honest, you never know until they get very big, have trouble jumping onto chairs and you can feel the pups moving!) but it was a long time ago when my parents went to breed my westie when I was about 10. I think it was purely because we wanted the exprience, which I would be hestitant to reason was a good idea now.
She displayed intital symptoms, before making a 'nest' and dragging in soft toys and licking them, at that point we thought it was phantom. She ended up (very sadly) getting an infection and had to have her ulterus removed since it was all infected - she was very poorly.
I love Staffies :) my Dad's friend had one when we were very little called Pip and he was fantastic! I understand your hestistance to breed again - If I could have turned the clocks back I'm not sure we would've done Lotte twice, if we thought they was any chance of her going hyper-glyemic again we wouldn't of. Both times she had to stay overnight in the hospital with a drip bless her :( we were really scared.
She always handled the birth well, as opposed to Rio who wimpered and gave a sharp shout just before the first was born, but then she was fantastic and did a much better job overall.
One of the funniest thing is watching the other dogs reaction. Rio had no idea what Lotte's pups were and seemed a bit scared of them, whereas Lotte took one look and did a runner. As if to say "I'm not having anything to do with this lot!"

Pedigree names are great fun! Lotte is "Showtime Sophie" but generally when you show a dog the longer and more absurd the name is the more you fit in with the lists at a dog show! Plus I liked making them really long and wouldn't let my Mum have short ones :haha:, I wanted to do a theme like poets and have bits of the poem in the name but keeping everyone happy means lots of compromise! My Smog had the pedigree name "Unusual means for a Stunning Sunset" which was one of my favs :)

I really like your theme Panda - and your special little fighter! :) There was a couple I struggled to get breathing but no one with long-term problems. Perhaps the 3 we lost did have, but we just put it down to them being too weak.

:haha: Nuke, I love agility, Mum does it with the schnauzers but keeping their motivation is very difficult. They aren't really agility dogs - but it's a bit of fun!

Yes - I have exprienced a dog phantom pregnancy (be be honest, you never know until they get very big, have trouble jumping onto chairs and you can feel the pups moving!) but it was a long time ago when my parents went to breed my westie when I was about 10. I think it was purely because we wanted the exprience, which I would be hestitant to reason was a good idea now.
She displayed intital symptoms, before making a 'nest' and dragging in soft toys and licking them, at that point we thought it was phantom. She ended up (very sadly) getting an infection and had to have her ulterus removed since it was all infected - she was very poorly.
I love Staffies :) my Dad's friend had one when we were very little called Pip and he was fantastic! I understand your hestistance to breed again - If I could have turned the clocks back I'm not sure we would've done Lotte twice, if we thought they was any chance of her going hyper-glyemic again we wouldn't of. Both times she had to stay overnight in the hospital with a drip bless her :( we were really scared.
She always handled the birth well, as opposed to Rio who wimpered and gave a sharp shout just before the first was born, but then she was fantastic and did a much better job overall.
One of the funniest thing is watching the other dogs reaction. Rio had no idea what Lotte's pups were and seemed a bit scared of them, whereas Lotte took one look and did a runner. As if to say "I'm not having anything to do with this lot!"

Pedigree names are great fun! Lotte is "Showtime Sophie" but generally when you show a dog the longer and more absurd the name is the more you fit in with the lists at a dog show! Plus I liked making them really long and wouldn't let my Mum have short ones :haha:, I wanted to do a theme like poets and have bits of the poem in the name but keeping everyone happy means lots of compromise! My Smog had the pedigree name "Unusual means for a Stunning Sunset" which was one of my favs :)

I really like your theme Panda - and your special little fighter! :) There was a couple I struggled to get breathing but no one with long-term problems. Perhaps the 3 we lost did have, but we just put it down to them being too weak.

:haha: Nuke, I love agility, Mum does it with the schnauzers but keeping their motivation is very difficult. They aren't really agility dogs - but it's a bit of fun!

you're right it's a bit of fun, it doesn't have to be competitive! and the dogs love it!!! (actually had a big argument the other week with a woman standing in a queue who said it was abuse!) collies are the best, 2 of my parents' ones are collies crosses, but because they are crossed with corgi and probably about 90 other breeds, they have short legs so fit into the smaller catagory! hence they usually win lol! wer does ur mum do the agility? my parents are well known on the ni circuit, they even run a class!

anyone fancy a meet at the ulster museum??

Health Visitor told me about Rhythm & Rhyme sessions in local libraries, they are for babies, toddlers & young children, just thought I'd pass it on! Here is the link....just type in your local library to see what sessions they offer.

https://www.librariesni.org.uk/events/

Yes - I have exprienced a dog phantom pregnancy..........I really like your theme Panda - and your special little fighter! :) There was a couple I struggled to get breathing but no one with long-term problems. Perhaps the 3 we lost did have, but we just put it down to them being too weak.

Awk god love her having to get her uterus removed! My mums dog must have had a phantom as she did show signs of nesting & her teats were leaking a bit. During my staffs pregnancy she got an infection & had green discharge (I know TMI!) I'll never forget the look she gave me when the vet put that thermometer up her back end lol! She gave birth to 7 pups, but the 7th pup took too long to come out, she was pushing her for hours :cry: it was awful I had to assist to get the pup out but it was dead :cry::cry: I tried for ages to revive it but I think she spent too long in the birth canal. Her wee neck looked like it had been stretched, she was soo beautiful. 2 of the pups went on to get eye infections before their eyes even opened, apparently this was to do with her infection. Antibiotics cleared that in few days.

The runt of the litter didn't feed properly for 2 days I usually found it in the corner crying, he was badly dehydrated & weak I thought he was dying, so I hand fed him for a week also holding him to his mothers teat while the others slept, after that there was no stoppin him he was always first for a feed! Then he was the last to walk & kept falling over thats when the vet told us he'd be better off put down because he had hip dysplasia!

She was a brilliant mother but after the pups left her fur fell out in patches. When we still had the runt she refused to let him feed, instead she started to regurgitate her food & let him eat it, apparently this was how he caught the parvo virus as every dog has this virus in their gut. Again he got dehydrated & was vomiting I thought he'd eaten plastic as my hairbrush had been chewed but when I noticed his gums were grey I took him straight to the vet! He is so lucky to be alive today I don't know how he survived twice!

With all of that it put me off for good! This forum is meant for babies & we're discussing our puppy babies!lol Well Tia was like a substitute baby to me when we first got her as we were TTC with no luck at the time, she is such a smart dog, she'll bark on command & even close the door for me :haha: When I was close to labour with both my 2 she never left my side always following me everywhere even to the loo!

Health Visitor told me about Rhythm & Rhyme sessions in local libraries, they are for babies, toddlers & young children, just thought I'd pass it on! Here is the link....just type in your local library to see what sessions they offer.

https://www.librariesni.org.uk/events/

those are great. ive taken poppy to the one in the local library a couple of times, she loved it!

I love puppy babies! Sounds like you had such a rough ride and the wee dogs too.

Nuke, indeed that woman was an idiot - the dogs LOVE it! (Well mine do only if they get some nibbles at the end or you can them worked up). Collies are definately the best - we did compete once in agility in the Belfast Dog show and got some hilarious 4th place ribbon out of 4! But yes, they aren't really agility dogs so it's just a bit of fun.

Mum told me we had a woman ring up this week to ask if we were breeding again. She'd met our Onyx (now known as Barney) down in Bangor where he lives and thought he was stunning and wanted one of ours :haha:. Makes you feel quite proud. Mum sends all the puppies cards on their first birthday and occasionally has meets at her agility club or hillsborough lake (though it's a long way for the Colraine lot to come, we have a couple of our pups up there).

Anyway :) This is indeed about babies. I bought some latex teats today for 75p in tesco, since if I can I'd like to do an expressed feed to replace a feed at night when I have less milk or so. Latex is meant to be easier to adapt to than silicone (and it's a bit cheaper) or so I'm told.

Don't know if I'll use a bottle at all yet, but no harm in being perpared. My friend gave me a breast pump and sterlizer so I'm all set.

Wow - I haven't been to the ulster museam since it got all redone (or infact...before :blush:) so I'd love to. That'll be daytime too so should fit with my work and such, would be nice to say hi and meet all your lovely babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->