The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Fingers crossed for you Luna/Lizzie :) hopefully this will be an excellent month, followed by more excellent months :)

you know what tho, when you do finally meet your lo, when they are a little older you can show them those and what you went through to get them!! i know i would feel extra special if it was me!

At the rate Im going, it feels like I'll never have one! It will be good to show them tho, more faint lines today, Superdrug on Wednesday hopefully!

Hiya, Kitten B. Welcome and congratulations! You'll love the Ulster. I had Ellen there. Here's the link to my birth story. (Well, you did ask!)

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...boxing-day-beauty-water-birth-ellen-jane.html

XXX

Great story, thanks! Had me chuckling out loud! And another one for the list of smooth and easy (ish - I appreciate it's all completely relative!) births are possible!

Quite keen on the water birth part too ... although don't fully understand how it works...

I mean (stupid questions starting here!) doesn't the baby end up swallowing water / almost drowning? Especially if there's any sort of miniscule delay between the head being delivered and the rest of the body? And do you catch the baby and lift him/her out of the water or does the midwife worry about that part? And is it better/cleaner/less icky with all the blood and icky stuff (I know I shouldn't care and probably won't at the time) in a pool as opposed to a bed? And does having a water birth increase the chances of a natural delivery / less tearing etc or not?

Sorry, perhaps I should buy a book! Going to one of the active birth workshops at the Ulster so perhaps can ask questions there - but will no doubt be far too shy to voice my stupidity out loud so any answers very much appreciated!

At the rate Im going, it feels like I'll never have one! It will be good to show them tho, more faint lines today, Superdrug on Wednesday hopefully!

Fingers crossed and :dust: for you!

X

Hiya, Kitten B. Welcome and congratulations! You'll love the Ulster. I had Ellen there. Here's the link to my birth story. (Well, you did ask!)

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...boxing-day-beauty-water-birth-ellen-jane.html

XXX

Great story, thanks! Had me chuckling out loud! And another one for the list of smooth and easy (ish - I appreciate it's all completely relative!) births are possible!

Quite keen on the water birth part too ... although don't fully understand how it works...

I mean (stupid questions starting here!) doesn't the baby end up swallowing water / almost drowning? Especially if there's any sort of miniscule delay between the head being delivered and the rest of the body? And do you catch the baby and lift him/her out of the water or does the midwife worry about that part? And is it better/cleaner/less icky with all the blood and icky stuff (I know I shouldn't care and probably won't at the time) in a pool as opposed to a bed? And does having a water birth increase the chances of a natural delivery / less tearing etc or not?

Sorry, perhaps I should buy a book! Going to one of the active birth workshops at the Ulster so perhaps can ask questions there - but will no doubt be far too shy to voice my stupidity out loud so any answers very much appreciated!

ruby ended up being born on dry land, her HR dropped at the very end so i had to get out right at the end, but ill try to answer your questions!
baby doesnt start to breathe until the air hits them, so being born into the water means that they dont start until they come out of the water, this is fine, even for quite long times, as they are still being supplied with oxygen from the placenta.
my birth was very messy & icky lol.... i beld quite a lot as i dilated very quickly at the end (4-10cm in an hr) but i didnt really notice it while i was in the pool, i was slightly aware of the water getting a wee bit cloudy etc, but nothing gross, it was way more messy when i was out of the pool!
its up to you if you or MW catch the baby, she will probably ask you when its imminent what you want to do, and prompt you too.. although i wasnt in the water, i kind of caught ruby anyway, and brought her up to my chest myself! amazing :)
water birth is reported to help reduce the risk of tearing etc, i did tear, but i didnt care lol, but for me the main advantage was the pain relief, the moment i was out of the pool, it was about a billion times more painful, and i was begging them to let me back in!
hope that helps! the Ulster are amazing, cant praise them enough, the home from home suite is like a posh hotel, i loved it,(and i HATE being in hosp!)
i think you have already read my birth story, havent you?

Id love a water birth too, dont know if Im allowed with my epilesy tho! Thats if Im able to stay pregnant for more than 7 weeks this time!!

*jealous* i sooo wanted a water birth! :cry:

I like the idea of a water birth, but I think as it's my first I want to try and experience a stereotypical "normal" birth before I try any other methods x

Am I the only one who didn't even consider water? :blush:
I don't think I could have with my consultant led care anyway :shrug:

Thank you so much NIft - I am totally and completely sold on the water! No doubt nothing will go to plan at all but it is lovely to have a plan all the same!

Just re-read your birth story - I love it! All the photos of the HfH unit are fantastic and the ones of little Ruby are just gorgeous! Sounds like you had a bit of tough (long anyway) time of it but great to hear it all ended so well! And back in your jeans in 5 days - my god, don't think there is a chance with me!

yeah (apart from the fact i loved that ruby was in there) i HATED being pregnant, but i absolutely loved the birth bit, id do it again tomorrow! honestly, my only regret is being so afraid, cos its THE most amazing thing ever!!!
my jeans were too big!!! i lost so much when i was sick, i was a 14 pre preg, and ended up in size 10 mat jeans lol.... but tbh id swop gaining 4 stone for not spending 280 days throwing up lol!

I want a water birth but wasn't sure if Lagan Valley have the facilities, and if the pool is in use I wouldn't beat myself up about it :)

plus u might not be able to like me!! poppys final pregnancy gift... having a poo in me when my waters broke.

BFP yesterday, but been having quite bad stomach pains from last night, so duno! :s Docs dont wana know us I havnt missed AF yet

https://i38.tinypic.com/kasrgl.jpg

thats a definite bfp!!! :dust: i hope it sticks lizzie!!! :hugs:

Am I the only one who didn't even consider water? :blush:
I don't think I could have with my consultant led care anyway :shrug:

Hi Tiggertea, think I'm a wimp like you, my instinct is to stay on dry land! Never really considered anything else...I'm Soooo conservative I scare myself at times! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->