The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Thanks everyone!! Can't believe he's 4 days old already! Had to take him to the Drs today, he's got a wee infection in his stump [stinks to the high heavens!] so we've got antibiotic cream for it. Aside from that he's feeding like a champion!! Hopefully gonna go register him tomorrow. Saraya is being so good with him, she keeps stroking his hair and holding his hands and saying how lovely and cute he is! She just came up and asked me for a sister LOL

LOL Debs I would except I still have a first degree cut up in there! Which for some odd reason isn't sore but I imagine having a cock rubbing up there it would be!!! Plus all the bleeding and that too...

Awk hes so cute!! 9lb 7, ouch!

No news here, didnt get a choice of hospitals in the end, went to booking app and was told I had to go to the Royal which Im not too happy about, but will hafta be. Saw a midwife once for 2 mins, she wudnt check the heartbeat, said it wad too early even tho Ive been getting it on doppler since 9 weeks, and was told I shud get an app from Royal in 2-4 weeks, for my 12 week scan, which will make me 14 or 16 weeks by then. Next midwife app isnt til Sept wen Im 18 weeks, I thought it wud have been 16 since its such a complicated pregnancy. Apparently not!

Liz they're really funny about checking heartbeats for the obvious reason that if they can't find it mums might panic. I could find mine every time straight off and yet when they did it, even when I was full term, they struggled to get it!! Sucks you having to go somewhere you don't want but at least you have plenty of time to make peace with it. Generally with most pregnancies they don't see you much until 20w because there's not much happening!!

I agree with what Eve said - they don't check the heartbeat so early, not because it's IMPOSSIBLE to find, just harder, and if they don't find it easily, people would panic and think something was wrong. It's frustrating, but at least you have your own doppler and can check it out yourself. :flower:

MW for me this morning. First appt with her so should be interesting. M is home "sick" so he can watch Missy for half an hour. :haha:

Hello ladies :flower:

Congratulations Eve!!!!! Atticus is just gorgeous and saraya sounds like a very proud older sister!!!!

I have an 8lb munchkin snuffling beside me.... Danny was born on Wednesday 20th July and is an absolute cutester :cloud9:
I was started on the Tuesday night and was in established labour after the second gel on Wednesday morning, labour didn't progress so he was born by emergency c section at 9.30pm. Am sooooo glad to be home and able to get to know him!!!!

Oh congratulations Loui - wonderful news!

And I hope your appointment went well yesterday tiggertea!

Congratulations Loui!

I had my first midwife appt yesterday - a bit late at 20 weeks - heard bubbas heartbeat :cloud9: xx

Awww lovely, lauzie! It's great hearing it for the first time.

I had my 20 week scan on Monday and it was awesome! The wee one was moving around so much, which made it hard to get the measurements, but was really lovely to watch. It even did a pee while wee were watching!!

Congrats Loui!

My MW appointment was a big waste of time yesterday. Ah well, have another tonight (Consultant-linked) and have been told to "allow some time" for it so assuming the interest shown will be a little more impressive. :lol:

Everywhere I look there are pregnant people! :lol: (I mean in the "real" world.. that statement would be a bit odd on here).... It's making me impatient to tell people!

I know the feeling - 3 of my friends are pregnant too, and the shops are full of pregnant women! Mind you, that could be because I spend most of my time these days in baby shops :haha:

That Panorama programme the other night said we're in the middle of a baby boom too.

TV must have taken a "lets not show anything good" turn a while ago then. :haha:

Had a great, really thorough appointment tonight and now have about half as much blood as I did when I went in. There are even more tests now than when I had Abbie! :shock: Very happy with how it went though and feel much more positive about today's appt than yesterdays!

Right, I need a scan pic fix! Who's going to oblige? Oh and with all these newborns we could do with some of those to coo over too. *puts on demanding hat*

had my baby boy, Dylan Craig Daniel Steele yesterday morning 10.25am, one day before due date! Went into labour at the caravan in portrush around 6am and made it to Antrim, was 8cm dilated so just gas and air and pethidine. Got home this evening and Dylan doing well so far - Katie very keen to wake him up all the time!

Attachments

• 100_1374.jpg
    100_1374.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 6
Oh congratulations Sammy! He is beautiful, and your daughter is gorgeous too!

Glad to hear your appointment was much better this time tiggertea. It makes you feel so much better when they take an interest doesn't it. They had a nightmare getting blood from me - apparently I have rubbish veins, and I was badly bruised for about a fortnight! I quite liked it though - my battle scars :haha: . Oh, and that's my scan from Monday in my avatar picture - will that help towards your habit for now?!! Check out the wee nose :cloud9:

We're staying team yellow lauzie! Have you had your 20 week scan yet?

Congrats Sammy! :dance: That will be a memorable holiday at the caravan anyway! :lol:

Your scan is fab Speccy. :cloud9: Little nose! So cute!
The only time I have good veins is when I'm pregnant, but even the most gentle of attacks with a needle makes me look like a junkie. :rolleyes: aww well. just have to wear 3/4 sleeves til the evidence disappears!

Congratulations Sammy! :happydance: Thats a gorgeous piccy xx

No Speccy I don't have my anomoly scan to next wed - be over 21 weeks then!
Loving your scan pic - very very clear xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"