The Northern Ireland Crew!!

I don't know because I was given the pessary? They said his head didn't have good contact with the cervix and because of the meconium they were gonna induce me but fortunately it only took the 1 pessary at 7pm last night which had me in established labour at 1 and I was taken to delivery at 3:20 and had him at 3:50! Sooo maybe it was his weight made it faster? I thought it was sorer than a waterbirth but then it makes delivery easier but it was so intense because of the pessary so it's hard to say!!

Didn't beat Emy but think I still deserve a medal!!

So went to my docs today and was told I hav tol tomoro to decide between royal and mater hosp cus Im closer to both, 2 mins from mater, and that ulster os too far away incase something goes wrong!! Which ones better? I was born in mater but that was 26 years ago Im assuming its diff lol. Got my kitten today, hes nameless as yet!

I had my 2 in the mater and had a lovely experience both times, I had 2 em c-sections both times so labour, surgery and after care was brill, midwives were lovely. I also thought the food was nice too! lol :flower:

Huge congratulations Eve - he is beautiful! A big boy too xxx

Welcome Michelle. Where are you from?

i am in bangor county down.
wow you girls really do talk alot on here. usually northern ireland threads are so quiet so i didnt come back to check for a while.

i found out on tuesday that i am expecting a boy.

Wooooohoooo!!!!

He's BORN!!! Well done Eve, he's absolutely beautiful. Enjoy all those post-feed drunkern looks and the squishiness. I miss those the most. Sure we'll get a massive update soon but just make sure you get as much rest as you can grab.
On the surface of it, you're labour does seem similar to mine, it's good that you've had a range of expriences, hoping my next one will be a bit more like Saraya's birth!!

Well done, we'll see about getting you a well deversed medal

:hugs: x

does anybody know if ulster hospiital will do elective inductions?

Do you have a medical reason etc? If so shouldnt be a problem, might need to convince them otherwise but it can be done i'm sure.

Personally I'd muuuuch rather do natural childbirth.

no physical medical reason really. the only thing that it could possibly bee physical is this sickness if it keeps up (still very ill at 25+3weeks)
apart from that my duee date got changed and now my mum wil be away when my son is due plus i have severe anxiety and dont cope well with things happening witthout me planning it..ie if i know im going to be starting things i will be more at ease than waking up and having it take me by surprise... x

Oh wow Aaisrie!! Well done! He is absolutely beautiful! Welcome to the world little Atticus! Take care :flower:

Well done and huge congrats Aaisrie, beautiful baby boy!

Not too sure about the ulster, they obviously perfer people to not have sections at it's a lot more expensive and generally it's a harder thing to recover from.
A colleague mine was at the Royal with twins around the same time I had Silas, and she basically had to beg them for an elective section - I still haven't managed to find out if she got one or not!

I'm sure you know, but it's still not gonna give you a definate date. Babs could still come early etc. However, if you really know that's what you want then I'd get asking - sooner they know the better. No one actually seems to ask you about your birth plan these days. Have you done antenatal classes? That could also be a good time to ask.

I had bucketloads of problems in pregnancy and they still were very keen to induce me on a said date than to give me a section (was one day away from one though). But that's Lagan Valley and now their labour ward is midwifery ran anyway.

I think it mostly depends on your consultant or gp or whoevers mainly in charge of your care. Let us know anyway - be good if anyone else asks at a late date.

One of my best friends had to have a section (she always knew she'd have too due to a blood disorder) and remarked on how pristine her little girl was :haha: Silas was seriously bashed and his wee eyes were all bloodshot from the pressure :( Aww well!

Thx everyone for the welcome. Got to hear baby's heart beat today so that was great :) By the way i am called Jemma :) Jem with a J!! hehe!! Hope everyone is doing well xo

Wow :D and Hi Jemma! Think I missed your intro post.

Are you gonna find out what gender you're having or go down the surprise route?

Congratulations Eve - lovely photo. Atticus is a big boy, very cute!

Congrats Eve what a big boy, i hope your both well x

And hey Jemma welcome to the group :) its great when you hear the heart beat of your baby makes it feel so much more real x

Sorry I have been MIA for so long OH is home for 5 wks leave now with his laptop Woo Hoo

Ooo Eve Big congrats on your beautiful baby & I take my hat of to you delivering a 9lber with just gas & air !!!

Any word on Loui ??

Welcome Jemma

I'm a little concerned AF still hasn't arrived after D&C it was on the 21st June

Out of interest what is everyone views on the withdrawl method ,Safe or not ????

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"