The Northern Ireland Crew!!

First off: Get you Ms Old Skool with your Gameboy Colour! :tease::lol:

:cloud9: for love!

and :dance: for prospective babies.

Someone please explain to me why, after the pregnancy of hell I've just had, do I want to be pregnant again?? I thought a few sleepless nights would knock some sense into me but apparently not!!

Seriously Debs I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I cannot stop thinking about TTC and POAS and being pregnant?! I'm wondering if the sleep deprivation is sending me crazy. You aren't supposed to want to TTC until 5mo [apparently the average time it takes to forget the pain].

And you're thinking about it after 2 flipping weeks?! I dunno... maybe some stray hormones floating about still after Atticus' stay? Eeeek!
I don't think you ever actually forget the pain, it's just so hard to describe it exactly we give up trying....

Debs I want to get pregnant again when I was still pregnant!! It was the first thing I said to Chris when I was moved down to the labour ward AFTER DELIVERY - "I want another one" even on the first night home I was saying it to him!

Ok. I dunno. I shall stick with my original diagnosis - weirdo! :lol:

Hahaha Thanks Debs!!! Seriously though, when is the "safe" time to TTC after birth? Is there a time you NEED to wait?

I think they say you should wait til at least after your 6 week check, but the time-scales I've heard recommended differ from there on. I've actually never heard of anyone wanting to try again so soon, so I suppose I'm no help! I do know of a lady who has just over 10.5 months between her 2 boys, and she was secretary to an ob/gyn.... so I guess as soon as you feel ready might be the best guide?

Wooooah Eve :D

Surely there isn't a lot of point TTC atm cause your breastfeeding so the chances will be ultraslim? Wouldn't it be AWESOME if you managed to get two in the same school year though?

Took me 8 weeks (basically till I'd finished bleeding and things were normal down there) to miss it and start wanting another one...I think everyone has that kind of reproductive urge but in varying degrees, and also the memory for pain plays a part. I think you fit in the ultra-broody catergory :D

I had a dream when Silas was about 3 months old that I was giving birth again, and I had completely forgotten the exact feelings (as you do). When I woke up I swear, it was fresh in my head and now I have access to it again :wacko:, I'm gonna be more on edge about it 2nd time round.

But anyway - point I was gonna make was that: Eve, you are lovely :) I am sure Chris is lovely too. You're clearly brilliant parents and have a good relationship - so if you wanna TTC asap, then go for it :D. Number 3 maybe the one where you feel your family is complete, or maybe not :). Saraya wants a sister anyway sure :p

LaurGil - Congrats on TTC!!! :happydance: Lots of :dust:
Lunabean - I can't believe how far on you are now! Your pregnancy is going really quick :hugs:
Emydra - REally happy for you!!! :cloud9:
Eve - Mad woman! :haha:

Not much been happening with me! Apart from I found out last week I'm having another girlie:cloud9: Oh and they've moved my due date back to 15th December - very scary being so close to Xmas xxx

So happy for you Emy :happydance:

Oooh there's lots of broodiness round here at the moment - good luck to everyone!! I already talk loads about the second baby, and when I buy things I choose them with needing to use them more than once in mind. But I think I'll wait a bit longer that straight after birth :haha:

Oh we're not exact date buddies any more lauzie! Congratulations on the wee girl :cloud9:

Thanks girls about the m/c question, gives me a bit peace of mind now :flower:. Still kind of feel mine was slightly different though but I'll obviously not go into detail.

Lunabean - I'm so happy for you that you are now into your 2nd tri after 6 miscarriages you must be on :cloud9:! He/she is definitely a little fighter, hope you are keeping well :flower:

Aaisrie you are mad! lol you must have a very good pain threshold & happy pregnancies! I on the other hand cannot hack the pain I was screaming the place down for about 6hrs with Alex and with Madison I hacked the painful contractions for about 5hrs then asked for the epidural ahhhh bliss when that pain eases! Didn't scream 2nd time though wasn't as sore just loads of pressure mostly though Alex was back to back. Stretchmarks & wobbly belly not put you off either then?

Congratulations Lauzie that you are having another girl :flower: This is when the purse starts to get it, I couldn't resist buying pink, pink & more pink when I found out I was having a girl! :blush:

Emydra that's great you are so happy in your relationship, if only every man was as nice as yours sounds!

Not at all!!! I had horrendous pregnancies with both of mine but I didn't find the labour bit too hard - waterbirth [no other pain relief] first time and just gas and air with Atticus. No stitches either time, just grazes and a bad inner tear. Didn't scream either time!

You remind me of my sister, she has 3 kids and each time she had gas and air and pethidine, she gets pregnant like the first month trying and just pops them out no bother lol she said she loves labour :wacko: and finds it easy :coffee: obviously its very painful for her too but she said she could do it over and over and if she could she would even have do my births too!!

They kept offering me pethadine but I really didn't think it was bad on the gas and air the only time I had a problem was when they were moving me up to delivery they took my gas and air away and I hung on to the top of the cylinder hahahah I was high on gas and air at the time lol But I was expecting it to be much worse considering I was induced and that's supposed to be a lot sorer? It took us 16mo and 7 early losses to get Atticus so I'm majorly blessed with him

I had the pethidine with Alex and wasn't allowed it with Madison incase my previous c-section scar ruptured or something? I didn't really like it to be honest it made me feel delirious if that makes sense. Awk, sorry to hear that. It took us almost 2 and a half years & 1 loss to get pregnant with Alex, with help of Clomid, and only 1 year with Madison although I was NTNP 2nd time round. We are all very truly blessed!

Anyone tell me wot to expect at my full term appointment at the ulster on fri?? I dont want to go in expecting a sweep and then they just do a normal antenatel check up!

Anyone tell me wot to expect at my full term appointment at the ulster on fri?? I dont want to go in expecting a sweep and then they just do a normal antenatel check up!

I went to the Mater - but I'm sure most hospitals are the same. I had my full term appt 4 days before my due date, but they did the sweep then xx

I cant believe it either! I keep thinking Im gona wake up and sumones gona say 'haha ur not even pregnant'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->