The Northern Ireland Crew!!

I had a planned induction at term.

It was the most horrendous experience and I'd rather have a section than do that again.

edit: Sorry! That sounded bad :p. I think if you are actually in labour induction tends to be better. I had no signs whatsoever and Silas had been fully engaged since 36 weeks so my entire labour/birth was brought on artifically. Didn't bode well with me, I couldn't go to the toilet, felt tremendous pain for the entire lenght of the induction (3 days) and barely slept. Half of the internals were wickedly painful but i also now think that was to do with the pessarys. On the 3rd pessary I got to 3cm and they broke my waters and stuck me on picotin. I still managed to have a natrual delivery but it was very, very intense. I think it was the fact I'd barely slept and had been in constant pain for so long that made it so bad, I pushed for 2 hours. Ugggh. I hope I get a chance at going natrually next time :wacko:

Yay luna bean :happydance:

I started to test today I know its way to early & I got a BFN but I love to POAS :fool:

xXx

Emydra, nooooo you really wouldn't want a section, I'd rather be in labour for 3 days than have a section again! Unfortunately I've no choice now but I wish I could have normal deliveries rather than be in that much pain after birth never mind before & also finding it hard to even lift your own baby, laugh, cough, climb the stairs, lie down etc for weeks before feeling normal again :(

The 3 day long induction process likely had something to do with the unpleasantness Emy. They do like to make things go on longer than necessary sometimes! :(

I have to say my induction really wasn't too bad. I was started on the drip just after 8am and Amy was born by 11:13. However, my waters had broken the day previously.

Happy 16 weeks Luna :happydance:

Lauren - best of luck for testing xx

I had a planned induction too and ended up with a section so....worst of both worlds :haha:

Thanks lauzie but I think I'm out already have started to stain a bit tonight like lightpanic & have cramps so AF must be arriving earlier that expected :( xxx

Thanks lauzie but I think I'm out already have started to stain a bit tonight like lightpanic & have cramps so AF must be arriving earlier that expected :( xxx

Acch Poo! :hugs: Sorry to hear that honey. wishing you lots of :dust: for next month xxx

Ive decided Im turning straight. You lot cannot have this much hassle with men. *bangs head*

Ive decided Im turning straight. You lot cannot have this much hassle with men. *bangs head*

Although they are simple creatures I assure you there is hassle to be had. :p

I'm guessing Wavy is up to her usual tricks? :( aw Liz, you just don't need this while you're pregnant.

Her usual 'gettin back with her bf while on holiday with him but tellin me she loves me and is confused' tricks, yea. Damn woman.

See Wavy's problem is she still thinks she's straight. Silly girl!

Her usual 'gettin back with her bf while on holiday with him but tellin me she loves me and is confused' tricks, yea. Damn woman.

That's all you need when your pregnant hunni. Try not to stress to much it's bad for baby. :flower:

I've been doing some research into vba2c & home births, apparently there are lack of midwives in Northern Ireland prepared to do a homebirth. I'm not planning on ttc just yet but I'm researching now because I know I'm in for a huge battle to try vba2c! The Ulster hospital has the midwifery led unit which looks amazing although I don't know their policy for 'letting' women labour after 2 c-sections.

If anyone can give me any info or if you know anyone that has had a home birth or vba2c in NI that would be great thanks!! Oh & I know what I'm letting myself in for but I think I need the support for a vaginal birth as possible, can't even get support from my own mum, she keeps telling me I have to accept it that I 'HAVE' to have an elective c-section now grrrrr feck off I don't want a c-section at least let me try again!! (sorry bit of a rant)

I have never known anyone to have a homebirth here. Though I was pleasantly surprised to see the booklet from Craigavon Hospital in my bounty folder said it may be possible now. (I'm still heading for the hospital though... HB isn't my cup o' tea, but I was pleased for those who want to take that route.) I'm no REAL help here, I know!

Maybe contact the supervisor of midwives in your local hospital and see if they can give you any more info? Or the MW @ your GP surgery? I'm sure someone will have some advice for you, even if you explain you want to get your head around the options BEFORE TTC.

:hugs: Good Luck!

im an auntie im an auntie im an auntieeeeeeeeeeee
:yipee: :wohoo: :yipee: :wohoo: :yipee: :wohoo: :yipee: :wohoo:

beautiful baby Noah Alexander arrived yesterday, 12 days late, in an eventful delivery, and is absolutely amazingly gorgeous! im so in love!!

i vaguely remember some discussion at my booking in apt at the ulster about homebirths! im interested in what you find out tho, i wuld defo be wanting one next time!

i used the midwife led unit at the ulster and had a fab experience there, highly recommend it!

congrats on being an auntie nifirsttimer! yay!!

good luck with finding out all about the home births pinkpanda. Like tiggertea, it's not for me, I would rather be in a hospital environment, but I really hope you're able to get some answers :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->