The Northern Ireland Crew!!

i am hopin to be allowed to have a scheduled induction. i am just hoping my doctor agrees.
ulster hospital do give you the opportnity to have home birth although i dont know anyone who has had homebirth so cant give information.

From what I've read a home birth would probably be the best option if I want to push for another try at vaginal delivery, but it doesn't seem common here so I think my chances are slim. Some people hire a doula although they can be expensive! I think I'll have a fight on my hands when the time comes, from what I've researched & read here most women are made to feel stupid and belittled when they are discussing their 'options' usually only one option - elective c-section. ](*,) I know I'm mad because I can just picture myself screaming out for an epidural in my own livingroom :haha: but this is something I've felt so strongly about since my son was born and convinced myself after Madison that I'd accepted the fact I'd never get a vaginal delivery but deep down I know what I'm kidding myself. I'm so stubborn, hate people telling me different & want to have my own say over MY body!

This is lovely made me cry :cry:
https://vimeo.com/5648654

boo

ETA: induction= hell on earth

oh and re: homebirth. next time round, i plan on telling them when I'm in labour and that I refuse to go to hospital, so they can either send someone round or I'll be delivering by myself :smug:

oh and re: homebirth. next time round, i plan on telling them when I'm in labour and that I refuse to go to hospital, so they can either send someone round or I'll be delivering by myself :smug:

Hehehe I can picture the horror on the midwives face :shock: lol in fact if I do get the go ahead for another labour in hospital I CANT WAIT to see the look on the midwives face when she reads my notes :haha: ''you do realise you've had TWO c-sections??!'' [-X

i want an induction cuz my anxiety is really bad and babies HB has been low due to that,
also im in so much pain from pelvic arthropathy which prevents sleep.

i thought you could haave natural delivery after C-sec :s

i want an induction cuz my anxiety is really bad and babies HB has been low due to that,
also im in so much pain from pelvic arthropathy which prevents sleep.

i thought you could haave natural delivery after C-sec :s

most women get c/s's after the first, but a lot go for a VBAC and try to deliver naturally!

i feel your pain, i have bad anxiety also!

i say go for it if its what you want! just prepare yourself, as the contractions start (and stay) strong from the first one, there no gradual buildup! took about 2 hours for the juice to kick in with me, but from first contraction to birth was only 4 hours wen i had poppy!

Yeah, my contractions were all as painful as each other, they just started to last longer. And I found pushing/crowning etc less painful than the contractions themselves.

Bleug, seriously want to go natrual, not get GD and have a waterbirth next time.

hi guys, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Leona, mum of two boys (age 2 and 8 months) from Banbridge, County Down.

just signed up to this forum today, but its nice to find one with so many of us NI girls on it!

hope to get to know you all soon xo

Hello Rosie Mama :D

Ahhh Banbridge. I went to the Academy.

Hello Rosie Mama :D

Ahhh Banbridge. I went to the Academy.

i just moved here 2 weeks before DS1 was born! love it here now.

lived in belfast for about 10 years before that, but i went to school in newry.

are u still in the area?

I lived in Dromore but im up in Lisburn now. FOB is from Newry but studying in London atm. He also went to the Academy.

Lisburn isn't far away, Courtney (youngnimum) is in down not too far away too.

thanks for the welcome :flower:

seems like there is a lot from NI on here. i was on netmums before but find it a bit hard to get to know people.

hope everyone is having a great weekend..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->