The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas. We just had a very small christmas his year with the baby on the way, but it was nice all the same!!

Samantha - Gd luck for next cycle - that would get your new year off to a good start!!

Just wanted to share this here too...

https://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo179/holywoodmum/IMAG0144-1.jpg
:bfp: :happydance: got my BFP!

No mention on FB please...

Huge congratulations honey!!!!

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas!! xxxx

we had a lovely christmas, spent christmas eve at inlaws, then christmas day with my side of the family. Really enjoyed it. Today we finally cooked our turkey, so yet another christmas dinner for us later.

Me and Silas both got an array of illnesses over Christmas so wasn't the most enjoyable time I've ever had. :p...very little sleep, feeling quite rough and he's been on antibotics for his chest and ear infection. Oh, and the period from hell just to add to my discomfort.

But meh :) nice to have my family around I suppose, since it maybe a long time before we have a Christmas together again. They didn't make it easy for me though...would've been nice if they had at any point over the two days offered to watch Silas so I could get a shower...or get dressed...or just catch up on my appauling lack of sleep.

FOBs parents and OHs parents are so good and seem to really enjoy having Silas about. They play with him and help me...but my parents just sit about and watch. Yet they want me to fairly frequently fly over with a one year old and stay with them in Switzerland. After this Christmas, wanting to do that has sunk to the bottom of my list.

aw emma :( do they not play with him at all? my dad flings himself on the floor and gets poppy to sit on him and pretends to be a car, or makes "cakes" with her in her wee kitchen they have for her.

i cant believe they wouldn't take silas :nope: did u ask?

Emma, that sucks they won't get more involved, maybe they find it awkward though if they're living so far away? Do they have other grandchildren to "practice" on?!

They are living far away next month! Dad's been away 6 months and Mum lives down the road. He's their only Grandchild and Mum's ok generally when Dad's not about. She'll let me get a rest if I need it and was really good when I was ill. But when he's there she just tries not be be interested I think in case he acuses her of being 'soft' or something ridiculous; similar to that.

I just know, that if i do ask them and Dad's 'busy' or 'in a bad mood' I'll get it thrown in my face and get some horrid remark like 'Well you cope fine at home' or 'told you so'. Something I just don't want to hear, so I try and avoid asking.

:hugs: that must be horrible hun, I don't know what I'd do without the support of my parents and PILs, and I have a full time DH!

Huge congrats Holywood mum! Hope it all goes well for you :happydance:
Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.
Emydra that's awful, hope Silas is on the mend, we all had chest/ear infections too so Christmas was a bit hectic but still lovely, we're so lucky both sets of grandparents are really helpful with the babies, being the first grandchildren probably helps.

Hope you're both feeling better soon Emma

We had a lovely Christmas, ate my body weight in crap so having a week off and back to the treadmill

Hi everyone, sorry I've been away so long, but thank you to Emma for letting you all know about wee Matilda. She's a month old already which is madness - where does the time go?! We've had a few breastfeeding issues and she still isn't back up to her birthweight, and has been on antibiotics for a UTI, but she is beautiful and we love being her parents.

Congratulations on the birth of wee Katie, Lauzie, and also to holywoodmum on your BFP! It's baby central round here! Hope all you pregnant ladies are keeping well, and that you all had a good Christmas :flower:

Speccy! Nice to have you back and huge congrats!! Sorry you've had a few issues but I hope things are on the "up"! Get a pic up! :hugs:

Thanks guys :)

Yeah, I was completely on my own really for the pregnancy and the first 6 months. But as you hear any single mum say, you cope cause you have to!
The nights and days Kevin is here are just such a luxury, I actually feel quite guilty. We are both so chilled out about kids and just do what needs to be done and work around them. My parents are like the opposite of that and I'm glad they didn't get over involved because it would cause me so much stress that could be avoided.

They are quite selfish people really. They like pretending they aren't though.

Heeeey Claire and 1-month old Matilda!!! :D

emma :hugs:

i cant wait til next sat btw! :dance:

Congrats Speccy! Love the name! It's crazy how the weeks fly by.

Hi speccy nice to hear from you again - hope you & LO are doing ok. :flower:

Emydra another breastfeeding, baby wearing cloth nappy mum in NI? could it be lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->