The Northern Ireland Crew!!

I'm only 4ft 11in too speccy! I felt like she just pushed everything out of the way to make room lol

Update on Madison, I'd mentioned before about her speech as she is still not talking. I've notice other things about her that have concerned me like for example she rarely makes eye contact, sometimes seems to be in her own wee world, doesn't answer when called, doesn't interact with others kids or adults. I'm beginning to think she may have Autism or similar condition. I have 2 cousins on my mum and dads sides who have a variation of autism. My Oh's neice has been recently diagnosed with autism also.

The HV was out recently and she noticed the signs also, she referred Madison to speech therapy and to what I think she said a specialty doctor in child development. I could be looking into it too much but I want to her to have help now rather than later.

I'll give an update again when she has started her speech therapy :flower:

that does all seem to fit. I hope the speech therapy helps! Please do keep us updated!

:hugs: Let us know how it goes. Can she definately hear ok? Silas' uncle went completely deaf and was lip reading before they realised that was the problem. Both he and Silas' Dad had to have gromits fitted. Something else that would explain the systems if she's having problems hearing.

Yeah she can definitely hear the hv asked me that too, so that one's ruled out. I have noticed a difference in her from christmas on little things so I'm hoping she is just delayed in her milestones. Her not talking is the main thing that worries me, she doesn't say one word when I know at her age she should be putting at least two words together now. I would try to sit her down and play and talk to her but she rarely takes interest and goes off to do her own thing after a few mins.

She is has been alot more alert the past few days especially today in my mums she was running around getting excited with my mums 2 dogs, which is sooo not like her! She would usually bat them away if they came near her and showed no interest in them, my mum even said she noticed a difference in her today so thumbs up for today!

It's gd they can diagnose autism so early - there's bound to be a world of stuff they can do the help. My friends child has just been diagnosed recently & their doing loads for him, he's 5 so they have arranged for him to go to a special school & lots of things like that. :flower:

Hope your speech therapy referral comes through quickly for you...

Hope everything goes ok for wee Madison, pinkpanda :hugs:

Welcome sherrie and congratulations on your pregnancy! How are you feeling?

welcome sherrie! :hugs: you aren't that far behind me! congrats! which hospital are u using? x

Welcome sherrie and congratulations on your pregnancy! How are you feeling?

thanks :flower: feeling great ta how are you?, never knew there was a thread for people from northern ireland lol felt like i was the only one :laugh2:

welcome sherrie! :hugs: you aren't that far behind me! congrats! which hospital are u using? x

thanks you, :hugs: using the royal though think i might change as i keep hearing bad things about the aftercare in the wards so not sure yet :wacko: wht hospital are you using? x

I had DD1 in the Royal and it was grand, although I did go to Johnson House after. THere is also a thread for preggo NI mummies too there is a link in my sig

ive herd great things about johnson house but also that its quite expensive?? im on a tight budget so doubt id be able to afford it :(

I used the royal first time round and had a great experience! well, i didn't enjoy being on the ward but that wasn't anything to do with the care, i just hated being round all those ppl and being away from my DH. id highly recommend it :thumbup: this time im going for a homebirth but have moved to randalstown since having poppy so am using antrim for scans and such :D

i was only given the choice between the mater or the royal as they are closest to me and i didnt really fancy the mater so royal it was lol suppose it doesnt really matter where you go aslong as you get the baby at the end of it lol :) the royal was good with my first scan, the tech was lovely lol cant wait for my next scan on the 24th, will hopefully get to find out what im having :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->