The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Thanks for posting that link, off for a look now.
I only had to push for 12 mins thankfully!

wee question for the ladies that used the royal.. how many people were allowed in to your big scan and how many birthing partners were you allowed?

i would like my OH and mum in with me for my scan next week and my OH doesnt want to be there when i deliver (think hes scared of me shouting at him :p) so its going to be war between my sister and mum over who gets to come inw ith me and i dont want to dissapoint anyone so im hoping i can have them both :flower:

wee question for the ladies that used the royal.. how many people were allowed in to your big scan and how many birthing partners were you allowed?

i would like my OH and mum in with me for my scan next week and my OH doesnt want to be there when i deliver (think hes scared of me shouting at him :p) so its going to be war between my sister and mum over who gets to come inw ith me and i dont want to dissapoint anyone so im hoping i can have them both :flower:

scan... im really unsure! id guess 1 though. for delivery, i know for SURE you can have 2, but I only had 1 :flower:

(I'd kick barry's ass if he said he didnt want to be there! :haha: )

scan... im really unsure! id guess 1 though. for delivery, i know for SURE you can have 2, but I only had 1 :flower:

when i went for my 12week scan my brother came too because he drove us up so thats why i thought i was allowed more than one person in lol i might ring my midwife and see if she knows lol suppose if not i can always get james to record it on his phone or something :)

my mum really wants to come into the birth but im not sure if i want her there or not lol i want my sister there for defo but i reckon my mum would just annoy me :( but at same time dont want to hurt her feelings by telling her she cant be so she may end up being in the room just to keep the peace lol.

My Mum would've annoyed me.

I only regret not having anyone there for the lack of pictures and the fact I was stuck for an hour with a baby on me unable to reach my phone to tell my family I'd given birth! Other than that I think it worked for me, but if I'd have been with someone and they wanted to be there that wouldv'e been different :)

It's your moment, if you aren't sure about your Mum then just take your sister.

OH had a dream that I went into labour and our friend offered to take us to the hospital, but instead we dropped him off at his parents house and went and had the baby without him! Be very different to have someone with me next time round, the whole pregnancy is bound to be a different type of experience.

when i went for my 12week scan my brother came too because he drove us up so thats why i thought i was allowed more than one person in lol i might ring my midwife and see if she knows lol suppose if not i can always get james to record it on his phone or something :)

my mum really wants to come into the birth but im not sure if i want her there or not lol i want my sister there for defo but i reckon my mum would just annoy me :( but at same time dont want to hurt her feelings by telling her she cant be so she may end up being in the room just to keep the peace lol.

bit of advice- if you aren't sure about your mum being there, wait! wait and see how you feel closer to the time!! if you invite her, you can't take it back! ive lost count of the threads i see on here about ppl who have changed their minds and don't know how to un-invite someone! i only wanted my DH but if id been single or something id have definitely had my mum. she's good at calming me down, but i didn't really need much calming down anyway! i think you should definitely talk to you OH about the possibility of you getting induced- it can take days! what would happen in that situation if he didnt want to be in the room? id ask him why he doesnt want to anyway! it would also solve ur problem if he was there, "sorry mum im only allowed 2 ppl!"

i'd def ring the clinic and ask about the scan hun, i know your DH will not be allowed to take pics or record it. definitely not! the only reason im umming and ahhing over the 20week one is because the sonographer needs to concentrate taking measurements and theres lots of stuff for them to look for (anomalies etc). some hospitals dont allow children either, we were lucky though and were able to take poppy.

O emy i couldnt image being alone giving birth ,my ex husband chose not to come home for my sons birth so my mum & sister came with me although in antrim they only let them in one at a time so they had to take turns ,my mum freaked out & they had to give her a tablet to calm her down then asked her to leave ,my sister didnt leave my side the whole 21 hrs i was in delivery suite ,she is scared of blood & she came to threate with me i could never thank her enough ,this time my partner is coming & sister is back up xXx

i dont think id want anyone else there either! its not their baby! :shrug:

Id rather do it on my own than have my mum there. Id end up killing her. My best friend is coming in with me..unless I go from 1st contraction to popping him out in the 3 hours she needs to drive up..which I very much doubt lol. Everytime Im at Royal for my weekly scan..ppl there for the 20 week one always only have 1 person with them..and I was told 2 for labour

bit of advice- if you aren't sure about your mum being there, wait! wait and see how you feel closer to the time!! if you invite her, you can't take it back! ive lost count of the threads i see on here about ppl who have changed their minds and don't know how to un-invite someone! i only wanted my DH but if id been single or something id have definitely had my mum. she's good at calming me down, but i didn't really need much calming down anyway! i think you should definitely talk to you OH about the possibility of you getting induced- it can take days! what would happen in that situation if he didnt want to be in the room? id ask him why he doesnt want to anyway! it would also solve ur problem if he was there, "sorry mum im only allowed 2 ppl!"

i'd def ring the clinic and ask about the scan hun, i know your DH will not be allowed to take pics or record it. definitely not! the only reason im umming and ahhing over the 20week one is because the sonographer needs to concentrate taking measurements and theres lots of stuff for them to look for (anomalies etc). some hospitals dont allow children either, we were lucky though and were able to take poppy.

Very good point, I remember that I did technically univite my friend - think she was a bit terrified anyway though so she wasn't upset or anything. My mind changed nearer the time.

Id rather do it on my own than have my mum there. Id end up killing her. My best friend is coming in with me..unless I go from 1st contraction to popping him out in the 3 hours she needs to drive up..which I very much doubt lol. Everytime Im at Royal for my weekly scan..ppl there for the 20 week one always only have 1 person with them..and I was told 2 for labour

here, Poppy came out less than 4 hours after first contraction! and I have a friend who popped her first baby out in under an hour! I was pushing longer than she was in labour! she very nearly gave birth on the motorway hard shoulder! :haha:

i know it's 2 for labour, 100%

I am barking like a freaking dog today, all the gunk is getting coughed up. tasty. :sick: think we're going to brave going outside to go to the park though!

Did anyone watch that 15 kids and counting? Did anyone see the red pram she bought, what was it called? X

i only caught the tail end, thought it was great!

Did anyone watch that 15 kids and counting? Did anyone see the red pram she bought, what was it called? X

Seen a bit if it! Great show. I think it was the I candy peach?

With the royal you can have 2 people at your 20 week scan. Only know this as my friend had her oh and her mum there last month.

Emma I didn't know you gave birth on your own! Brave girl!

Sorry to hear you're still not well Lindsay. Hope you start to feel better soon! We're just back from the park too xx

il ring my midwife to make sure im defo allowed 2 people in, want my mum to feel included in the pregnancy by coming to atleast one scan since she more than likely wont be in the delivery room lol

that 15kids and counting last night was mental, i cdnt imagine having that many kids lol think i might have one more after this one and that will be me done :)

Off topic but thought this looks like fun:

https://www.waterfront.co.uk/whatson/performancedetails.aspx?id=41414

That baby rave was in Lisburn around September time :), it's meant to be really good. Might consider going to it Belfast.
That would be a good BnB meet!

my OH wants to take my nephew to that now lol should be a good wee day out :flower:

Think Odhrán would have a ball as he loves music and dancing and is very sociable!

Have recorded 15 kids and counting, can't wait to watch it but definitely won't be getting any ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->