The Northern Ireland Crew!!

A close friend had two brilliant experiences at the mater (though a few years ago now) and I know their BF consultant and she's lovely :D.

The other thread is a lot more active at the moment but this is the long-running epic.

If I have to choose between Ulster and Royal pick the Royal then?

i used to live in bangor and wish i still did so i could go to the ulster lol remember seeing their maternity unit on tv last year for a documentary and it looked amazing lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ts2ld/episodes/guide

theres the link for the series that was filmed at the ulster, just incase anyone hadnt seen it and was interested :)

i saw that! the home from home looked awesome!!!

Ent, having done both I'd choose Ulster...
They photo'd me and B when she was 1 day old as promo pics for that series, but never used them :(

Just Speccy's experience of the Ulster was really bad and has put me right off! Home from home wont be an option because I'll only be at the Ulster if my risk is too high. I'm familar with the Royal to some degree, having been there to the childrens hospital and in the main one for the MRI (well, failed MRI, be going again on the 24th).

Oh I didn't hear what happened to Speccy... I've just got my booking appointment through :happydance:

Oh I'm so sorry to have put you off Emma - I was just very unlucky with my midwives and that had a really bad impact. I'm sure there are some lovely ones there too, and lots of people have good things to say about the Ulster. :hugs:

I gave birth to my wee one in home from home at ulster I found it fantastic had planned a water birth while there but wee lady decided shed come before it was filled, still had a great birth without it tho, and iv been givin the ok to have this 1 in home from home aswell :) x

Have nothing but praise for the home from home at the Ulster based on Maeve's birth, unplanned water birth, went so smoothly and every midwife was lovely, one in particular was fantastic. First time there having Odhrán wasn't just as positive, they gave me sleeping tablets and I ended up pushing for four hours and needed to be moved upstairs to get him out, but I would definitely recommend the home from home to anyone, massive rooms and it's really nice. It's funny after having Odhrán I said I would want remifentinal etc having Maeve but when it came to it her birth was the closest thing to natural you can get!

Again, sadly, the home from home wouldn't be an option for me if I'm transfered; as I'm pretty sure that's low risk only.

Anyway, BFN means I can try and lose a bit of weight and hopefully get to go back to Lagan Valley.

Again, sadly, the home from home wouldn't be an option for me if I'm transfered; as I'm pretty sure that's low risk only.

Anyway, BFN means I can try and lose a bit of weight and hopefully get to go back to Lagan Valley.

Aw good luck with it :thumbup:

They probably wouldn't let you in the home from home - I was low-risk but they still wouldn't let me in it because I'd been given a pessary. I'm sure if I had have been allowed to use it, things would have gone a lot better. I really hope you can use Lagan Valley - it's gorgeous now.

they threatened to move me out of home from home, but let me stay in the end - cos of my thyroid - I'd asked and asked at all my appointments and been told it was fine - but the regs changed the week I went in to labour!
I need to research where i want to give birth in germany - preferably somewhere they can speak English!

My Dad was hospitalised in Germany fairly recently and said the care was second-to-none! OHs sister-in-law is a german and is a nurse, and she's told me they don't have Gas and Air as an option in Germany and so she intends to be having her babies here!

Did you use G&A a lot before? x

agh don't tell me that about G&A!! I could have f*cking killed the MW who took it off me! I was induced with DD1 and had an epi, with DD2, I used the birth ball and G&A - expect they made me give it back for the pushing bit... oh no though! I need to find somewhere with an illicit supply of NOx!

Oo I did that too. Gave it back for the pushing, though I choose too because I was unable to concentrate on breathing the G&A and pushing at the same time. Pushed for 2 bloody hours!

I will probably also be visiting Germany at some point this year :) though not giving birth there XD!

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/166583/1673531.aspx

Hmm looks like it's banned in a lot of european countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->