The Northern Ireland Crew!!

I'm looking forward to it! DH was raving about it last time! He had better book his flights home!

just a wee request here... a friend is fundraising manager for a arthritis research Uk and they are in a competition to win £10000 for their charity - can you click on the link and like his "rap" please!!
https://rap.findaproperty.com/rap-competition-entry/david-fisher-orange-rapper!/

done, and posted to my fb for others to like as well!

Hi ladies, just found my way over here (thanks Nuke), didnt know this thread existed!

Hi and welcome Taz! How is your pregnancy going?

welcome taz! ive just realised im only 5 days ahead of u! :shock: wer bouts u from?

Thanks girls for the lovely welcome :)

I'm from Larne, have one little boy who is 5 next week and it has taken me til now to go for it again due to a horrible birth experience first time round. Am currently trying to aim for a HBAC but think I am going to have a fight on my hands :(

I dont really enjoy being pregnant unfortunately and I hope I dont offend anyone when I say that but I have done a lot of complaining and moaning up til this point LOL. Currently have a head cold developing and feeling a bit sick but dont know if I have picked something up or if it is my morning sickness returning :/

x

Aw Taz sounds like you had a tough time of it last time, fingers crossed your second birth will be a lot more positive, mine definitely was.

Luna wee Noah is absolutely adorable!

OMG I LOVE Buttercup!!! She was always my favourite. Big PP Girls fan.

I doubt you'll offend anyone, sorry to hear your first birth wasn't a good experience :nope:, moaning is what preggers are allowed to be doing. So you are looking a home birth after a section? Really hope they let you, but have to say I imagine they'll take some convincing.

Am guessing you were in labour a while before the section :(, that's the worst.

im planning a homebirth taz, everyone's been suprisingly receptive! im sure you're right though, HBAC will be a different story! at the end of the day though they cant very well drag you into hospital! have u mentioned it to your mw/gp/consultant? sorry you're having a rough time of it, i sure did a lot of complaining during my mammoth ms period (still do a wee bit), it's your perogative! and we are always here to offer :hugs:

My first labour was going quite well, was 4cm when arrived at hospital at about 4am. Was up to 9cm by about 2pm which obviously isnt fast but isnt the slowest either. I had a horrible midwife at that time who insisted on trying to break my waters and was really really rough with me. I had been coping well until that point with gas and air but I have a few "issues" with internal examinations and that sort of thing and couldnt cope with how she was treating me, it felt like assault. I went from being pretty serene to hysterical almost immediately. She couldnt understand why I was so upset and continued on regardless :( I broke down and requested an epidural, was given one pretty much straight away but it went too deep and was completely paralysed from my ribs down, my blood pressure dropped and started shaking and being sick. Baby became distressed (any bloody wonder!) and even though his head was right there, they couldnt attach the blood O2 monitor to his scalp as he had too much hair. They told me that they couldnt guarantee either of our safetys unless I had an immediate section. I was so upset and distraught by this time that I agreed of course. He was born via EMCS but had no problems and was alert and well (so wasnt in any danger). I developed a dural headache and struggled to breast feed. I was assured my headache was due to a lack of caffeine! and discharged myself after 3 days even tho I couldnt sit upright for any length of time. I cried on the way home in the car feeling like I could never have any more children as I couldnt go through that again :( The community midwife took one look at me the next day and sent me back to hospital. I had to stay another 2 nights and get a blood patch which thankfully fixed the headache but it was essentially almost a week after DS was born before I was back at home feeling normal.

I hope thats not TMI. Just wanted to explain why I would love a home birth this time but yes my community midwife was not overly enthusiastic. I do feel my body can do it but will of course not take any risks and transfer if necessary.

Have to go for another scan at 29 weeks as my placenta was low at 20 week scan. Obviously if it stays low or baby was in a bad position or something I wouldnt attempt a home birth. Also I have no desire to be induced, If I go 2 weeks over I will have an elective section but I went on my own last time at 40+4 so hopefully will be similar this time.

I originally asked for an elective section when I saw the consultant at booking appt and this was agreed due to last birth but the more I have now thought about it and read about it I would prefer not to have an elective section.

My midwife on Tues, when I brought it up, was all positive about home births but said she didnt think the consultant would allow it. Dont know if the consultant has the power to allow it or not but dont think she would be willing to rock the boat if the consultant says no. Am going to ring the hospital and see if I can talk to the consultant at my 29week scan appt and see what she says. Obviously scan results permitting

Hi Tazgirl

I have a son who was four in Oct & I didnt think id go on to do it again after my labour with him ,I also do not enjoying being pregnant I have been admitted to hospital quite a few times already so your not alone in feeling that way !

I hope everything works out & you get to have your home birth

xXx

Welcome Tazgirl!

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it:hugs:

Luna - Noah is beautiful! :cloud9:

Girls -for those of you who aren't on my FB,Jo Jingles is starting a class at Rosstulla school in Jordanstown on Friday 24th February at 2.15and it's free! Going to try itwith Amy x

Hi ladies, just found my way over here (thanks Nuke), didnt know this thread existed!

Hi :wave: hope you get the birth you want this time round! only a few weeks til your next appointment anyway, and you can haggle with the consultant!
what hospital are you going to? if you don't get your home birth, maybe a home from home unit? I loved it at the ulster!

Girls -for those of you who aren't on my FB,Jo Jingles is starting a class at Rosstulla school in Jordanstown on Friday 24th February at 2.15and it's free! Going to try itwith Amy x

I work Friday's so I can't go. My aunty works at Rostulla though!

Hi :wave: hope you get the birth you want this time round! only a few weeks til your next appointment anyway, and you can haggle with the consultant!
what hospital are you going to? if you don't get your home birth, maybe a home from home unit? I loved it at the ulster!

I work Friday's so I can't go. My aunty works at Rostulla though!

Home from home at the Ulster is great, my experience having Maeve there was great though having a brilliant midwife also helped.

Would go to Jo jingles if it wasn't so far away. They come to Odhrán's nursery and he loves it!

taz that sounds awful!! :hugs:

Lauz, we took poppy to jo jingles and it was brill, she just doesn't have the attention span for it and well, she doesn't do 'sitting down' :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->