The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Right girls - wanting to head out to a good park today. Have BILs kids as well who are 5,11 and 14 so need something suitable for them plus Amy. Went to Carnfunnock last week and they had a ball - anyone know of anywhere similar? x

any slot wud suit us! We're easy. Deffo up for it! Pops has never been on a train before!

any slot wud suit us! We're easy. Deffo up for it! Pops has never been on a train before!

Lindsay she'll love it! We took Amy on the train to Scotland and she's been obsessed with choo choos ever since! X

Lisburn park is awesome! It was all redone last year and has a massive range of activities for all ages. Wallace park, however do not know how you'd get here since I guess you guys can't all fit in the car? Don't really know many parks around your area and wallace park is hardly worth a fortune in train travel with two transferes :rofl:. Hope you find somewhere anyway :)

Tickets for meets are definately the way to go! I will keep my eyes peeled for future events we could all attend.

there's 2 cars Emma - so looks like we could go there. whereabouts in lisburn is it? Is it near the swimmers?

Other end of town near the train station but you need to drive down seymour street to get to the carpark. I can't think of the easiest way to direct you, hmm if you are coming off the motorway at saintfield roundabout (the exit before sprucefield) you need to head along sloan street into lisburn, then at the end of the street you will hit the big one-way loop/traffic lights, you just follow the road right round the loop and then head straight, past the island civic centre (on the left). there's a couple more sets of traffic lights and then you head past Wallace Avenue. Then on the right you should see the park and I think the carpark is just slightly further along on the right hand side.

Such a hard place to direct too!

https://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy80/emydragon/map.png

the red x is where I live :p

Thanks Emma! Willgive it a go. the civic centre - is that wherethe omniplex is? x

awwwh thank you so much! we'llall pop in for a cuppa! :haha:x

i can second wallace park!! We were in lisburn one day and i decided to stop in and get the wallace park geocache, was totally shocked at the park! We've driven from here to there just for the park before, it is fab!

If you didn't have such a hearty crew with you Laura you'd be more than welcome to come in for a cuppa and if you do need anything that I might be able to help with then do stop by! Don't think I have the capacity for so many people, I only have a 2-seater sofa and two dining chairs :haha:

Nah, omniplex is near the hospital. Lagan Valley island is where the civic centre is on the map!

BnB meet in Wallace park sometime in the summer? :haha: suits me!

Hey guys, if anyone wants to add me on facebook I'm emma todd, already friends with a couple of you. Will have a search now for some others.

All this talk of parks makes me long for summer days of sunshine, I can't wait til our little one will be old enough to take playing to parks.

The baby rave was great! I'm just sorry I didn't get to talk to you all more - bit hacked off actually... a friend was asking was I doing anything from the childrens festival, and I said yes, baby rave, and she booked tickets too, and suddenly it became us going together - so I was stuck with her all afternoon (which sounds harsh, but I see her all the time, so didn't need to have an extra afternoon if you know what I mean) and barely got to say hi to you all! Grrr....

Lyndsay, we have played with the lala loopsy dolls, and the dolls themselves are fine, but the accessories that come with them are tiny. Poppy may well be able to cope with them, but one thing we discovered when B came along was that we suddenly had to take away loads of C's toys, that were too small to have around when B was there! So it might be OK for Pops, but not Lola if that makes sense?!

I agree Wallace Park is awesome! I also like the Loughshore park in Jordanstown, although it's slightly less appaeling than Wallace Park for the older age range

Not sure we'll be able to make the Easter train thing - that's going ot be right whne we're in the middle of packing up and leaving... If you all decide to book, then we'll come along if we can make it, but don't count us in any planning...

hope the chicken pox clears fast panda

Glad to hear use all had a great day, josie I had a look at your pics on Facebook it's looked fab! And not that busy??
X

i can second wallace park!! We were in lisburn one day and i decided to stop in and get the wallace park geocache, was totally shocked at the park! We've driven from here to there just for the park before, it is fab!

Hi nuke you into geocache too! My mum in law got me into it & I bought a pair of wellies to get the real mucky country ones where I live then ended up getting preggo & havent done any but mite get into it in the summer again!

that makes total sense lucy, i know what u mean. Good point actually, gonna have to have to go through poppy's toys and remove all small ones that she will probably try and feed lola at some point!

Majella, i got into it about 18 months ago, but like you i stopped once i got pregnant, looking forward to getting back into it again, poppy loves it too!

Oh and i have most of u on fb but those i dont, im lindsay hutchinson :D

It was lovely to meet you Lucy even if just to say hi!

Courtney the baby rave was great though my pics aren't brill, most of them were of Odhrán's bumblebee backpack every time he ran off! It actually felt quite packed, you had to be careful not to tread on crawling babies! I think I was trying avoid photographing anyone else's LO's. Maybe you'll make it next year with both babies!

Wallace Park sounds great, I worked in and around Lisburn for years and didn't know much about it.

Yeah Emma I can't wait for the summer, will be lovely getting out and about, plus I'll still be on maternity leave, yay!

Lucy- I don't even think I gotto say Hi to you - so sorry about that!

Had a lovely timeat wallace park yesterday - thanks to emma for the directions. Would really recommend it and definitely happy to do a meet there if it suits others.

Anyone had more of a think about this easter train, just I was going to book my tickets today as I got my child benefit - otherwise I'll be skint and not able to book it xx

do u think i cud be cheeky and pretend poppy is 'almost 2'? I feel a bit jipped having to fork out another tenner for the sake of a few weeks :haha: or am i just being cheap?
:blush:

Josie im still laughing at myself at the clanger i came off with when u said u liked poppy's littlelife backpack "oh yeah there's a kid with a bumblebee one on here!" and it was odhran :dohh:

do u think i cud be cheeky and pretend poppy is 'almost 2'? I feel a bit jipped having to fork out another tenner for the sake of a few weeks :haha: or am i just being cheap?
:blush:

Not cheap atall - I was considering doing the same :rofl:

Not sure if they'd get an egg though - and knowing Amy that could start a tantrum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->