The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Chicken pox are clearing up now thank god! They are at the crusty stage so she isn't scratching any more! Alex had them 2 weeks before she did so that's how she got them only he got a light dose of them, you wouldn't even know he had them!

Well.......the ex is still my partner lol god I've been through some shit from then until new years! Hate talking about it cos it'll make me cry BUT I have to say things have changed or should I say he has. My head was telling me on thing and my heart was telling me another but in the end I followed my heart and gave things another go things did not go smoothly at first and found out some really bad things which explained why he broke up with me in November :growlmad:

He has changed his selfish ways, he's more considerate and affectionate towards me, he does things for me around the house and it is the little things that count even a making me a cup of tea! He stays in at the weekends to spend time with me, lets me have lie ins at the weekend the list goes on! I'm happier than I was before but I'm still trying to build trust for him, I hope it lasts as it's only been a few months. I know and he knows that if things get out of hand again and he hurts me again next time I will follow my head and I 100% mean that, I couldn't go through that again and I'm still not completely over it but I'll get there!

Trying to buy a child's ticket at 14 I was point-blank accused of being a liar and he fought with me for ages to buy an adult ticket! Eventually he let me on and shouted down the bus at me "It's on your conscience!' What a complete and utter dick.

Same happened to me when I was 15! He told my friend and I to get off the bus if we didn't pay an adult ticket, we argued for ages and in the end we had to pay the adult fare...I was RAGING!

Chicken pox are clearing up now thank god! They are at the crusty stage so she isn't scratching any more! Alex had them 2 weeks before she did so that's how she got them only he got a light dose of them, you wouldn't even know he had them!

Well.......the ex is still my partner lol god I've been through some shit from then until new years! Hate talking about it cos it'll make me cry BUT I have to say things have changed or should I say he has. My head was telling me on thing and my heart was telling me another but in the end I followed my heart and gave things another go things did not go smoothly at first and found out some really bad things which explained why he broke up with me in November :growlmad:

He has changed his selfish ways, he's more considerate and affectionate towards me, he does things for me around the house and it is the little things that count even a making me a cup of tea! He stays in at the weekends to spend time with me, lets me have lie ins at the weekend the list goes on! I'm happier than I was before but I'm still trying to build trust for him, I hope it lasts as it's only been a few months. I know and he knows that if things get out of hand again and he hurts me again next time I will follow my head and I 100% mean that, I couldn't go through that again and I'm still not completely over it but I'll get there!

That's sounding really positive :)
I meant to ask before when you posted - what's the griffiths test? Did you manage to get it rescheduled?

I'm wasn't sure what it was either but I think it's just a couple of tests on her development and milestones. (I think) I got this info on another mum and baby site -

Basically it has a series of activites which are graded on an age-appropriate level and scale to highlight strengths and weaknesses, mainly by observation. Things like walking/running in a straight line, hopping, jumping, identifying and copying shapes, putting things in order/matching patterns, answering basic questions about herself etc. Took less than an hour overall so wonder if they either are doing shorter sections with breaks, given your daughter's age, or maybe doing a general check up too.

Alex didn't get this so I'm not sure if it's routine or not or whether they just carry it out on children that aren't showing good development at the right age maybe? We haven't got another date yet they said they would send me a letter out again so hopefully it arrives soon!

I have a feeling my brother had that test, possibly me too. I know he struggled with colours for a long time and we both had reading/writing difficulties.
Think it's possible that we both have a mild form of dyslexia, I can't spell out loud or translate spoken letters into words, often have problems copying numbers down in the right order, used to read the totals out wrong at work a lot.
Never held us back enough to get special help though. We got As and Bs for english GCSEs.

Complete divert anyway. I had responsed several times yesterday to this thread and it just kept losing it. Basically saying that hope things continue to be good between you and OH and that there are good results for your test and are able to preceed with getting help/theorpy established.

And that Lucy will be our BnB German Embassador.

okay, basically it's a worldwide treasure hunt. There are literally millions all over the world. geocache can be anything from a big ammo case to a small piece of paper hidden in a tiny magnetic canister. Once someone hides one, they upload the GPS coordinates to geocaching.com and it's up to everyone else to find it. So for example if i was out for the day i would put my location into the search on geocaching.com and it would bring up all the ones closest to me, in order of distance, closest first. So i would pick one, put the coordinates into my GPS and would then try and find it. Each geocache has a log to write your screen name on, and the bigger ones have 'swaps', like little crappy toys etc. It's not about value it's just about having a wee memento of each cache, the only rule is you have to leave something if you take something. Some are soooo tricky to find, the nano caches are less than an inch big. They cud be in trees, disguised as fake rocks, on the back of lamposts... Literally anywhere. The best one i ever found was in the security hut at the natural history museum in london. Then once you have found it and written your screen name on the log, you go online to that cache's page and 'log' your find. :) hope that makes sense! Try wikipedia! It's sooo much fun, gets us out and about and to places we haven't been to before, and best of all it's free!

Thanks Nuke :) sounds interesting, im gonna have 2 investigate further

eurgh. Doesn't look like im gonna make that easter train girls :(

It appears that barry's work will probably be closing in a couple of months, what fucking timing. Im shitting myself. So basically, anything that costs money is out for the forseeable future!

So sorry to hear that Lindsay :( Really hope he can find something else fairly quickly. He's been with them a long time hasn't he? It's all office work/tertiary and public sector jobs in northern ireland, it's why it's all going down the pan :nope:

We're still up for it Laura if you wanna book x

Got cramps, back ache, and bump is super hard.

Oh Linds! Hope it doesn't take long for Barry to find something else. :hugs:

Sounds promising Wyntir! :dust:

sounds good wyntir!

thanks girls, I am honestly and truly gutted about both the picnic and the train. :cry:

he works for a wee company in ballymena called aerosubs, there's only 5 workers in there and they make bus doors and some aircraft parts for wrights and bombardier. his boss's wife died from the Big C a couple of months ago and he basically doesn't give a shit anymore. he's got a ton of money. the company is also half-pwned by a guy who also owns Dontour (sp?) engineering right next door so that's a possibility for a new job, as is wrights. the only issue with wrights is that they are only hiring "temporary" workers and have been for a couple of years, but if you're in there a year they generally keep you on. the money there is BRILLIANT. and there's no way they will close, they make buses and ship them all over the world. we don't know what's going on properly yet but barry went to his boss today and said he'd noticed another company has been making stuff for wrights that they usually make and that there's only a couple of months' work left in the order books. his boss said he's going to talk to them all at the same time and not to say anything to anyone :shock: so it's not looking good. another possibility is that the guy who half-owns the place could buy him out? i dunno but im SHITTING myself.

M works in Bombardier so if B needs any info on work going in there at any stage I can get him to have a look about it. x

Big :hugs: Lindsay it's bad times for so many people I know workwise. Hope fully he'll get something else quickly if it comes to that.

Yeah sounds like something could be happening Wyntir!

thanks girls! debbie that would be great, he'd love that, he LOVES precision work! freak.

he's been in there over 4 years now :nope:

i just wish that wee c**t of a boss of his would tell him whats going on!!

M is the same. :lol: will get him to keep watching for job openings coming up.

Hubby dearest wants to know if B's work could be known to him as AMF? (he also says he'll start checking the system tomorrow for him.)

ive no idea what that means but shall ask him tomorrow! (he's asleep beside me right now, he had a looooong day!) that's fab debs, ty so much!

Awww Linds - I'm so sorry to hear thats all going on!!Poop!! Here's hoping his boss doesn't keep them waiting too long before giving them "the chat". Poor Barry

Pinkpanda - I'm happy that your OH seems to have changed, and glad you have worked it out :hugs:

Wyntir - very excited for you!!! Anything happening?

Emma - yes we're def still up for the train. What day suits everyone best - monday or tuesday?

I've had a crappy couple of days. Loaded with the cold, and Amy & Katie seem to have it too. Amy's sleep over the past couple of nights has been dreadful. She goes down ok and then wakes later on screaming the house down:nope: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->