The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Aw Laura it's awful when everyone's sick. All of us except Owen (thankfully) had a horrible chest infection flu a few weeks ago, Maeve was even coughing up wee bits of blood so we all had antibiotics. Then both babies had 3 days of bad runny nappies, must've been due to the antibiotics upsetting their guts. Every nappy leaked everywhere, ugh! Odhrán has also been unsettled the past few nights, it has taken a bottle twice to get him back to sleep. Then his crying wakes Maeve! Think he's teething as he had Calpol last night and slept well. I hope you all get better soon :hugs:

I think we might go to the train, still undecided, will go with whichever day suits everyone best.

Maeve has her first session of baby massage today, plus we're trying solids for the first time.

Thanks Josie!!

Oh - hope you have fun at baby massage. I got a place at a local surestart baby massage, but they had no creche facilities for amy, so I had to give it up.

Good luck with the solids! Are you BLW or Tw?xx

That's a pity I think they do a session here with a crèche.

We are TW but just tried her on baby porridge and apple purée but she was not impressed! She's always trying to grab stuff off my plate so think she's ready for it. Mightn't have been hungry enough though as she had to have her bottle first. I like the idea of BLW but TW worked really well for Odhrán.

lol! Oh dear!

We TW amy as well, but I'm intrigued by BLW. With Katies reflux though the HV has suggested weaning early,so if thats the case we'll prob have to TW.

Maeve has reflux too but Gaviscon has it under control, though she just did a spew on her mat there all over her hair! I've heard people saying reflux can also get worse when weaning, hopefully not. Maeve's 24 weeks so only 2 weeks early. I think I'm a bit scared of baby choking if BLW, Odhrán nearly choked on a bit of cheese at 7 months but maybe it was just too big, grated cheese might be ok. Have any of you other girls here done BLW?

we did BLW! cannot recommend it enough! Re: choking, it's very very rare for a baby to properly choke but it's actually more likely for them to choke on puree on a spoon! They can't control how much is going in etc. Plus the gag reflex is really far forward on the tongue, gagging is 100% normal tho. I won't go onto a spiel because it's something im passionate about and will be here all day but if anyone has any questions im happy to answer!

We did a combo at the start tbh. She preferred the blw foods to the puréed stuff so we gave up on those pretty quickly. So for that reason I would claim to have gone down the blw route. Lol

My cramps and backache eased during the night, although since i've got up the cramps are coming and going again.

Hubby keeps asking, do you think this is it starting? When do you think it will happen? (he is talking about labour) to which I answer, I don't know! I've never experienced it before lol

and he got an email in work today from someone asking if he could give them a date when his paternity leave was starting!:dohh: Silly us, not giving them an exact date.

Wyntir it's the waiting about and not knowing when things are going to happen that's annoying. Both my labours started in bed at night.

Thanks Nuke. If I was to BLW, would I start Maeve on stuff like steamed veg?

tbh there's no real "best food" to start off with! I started Poppy on toast, steamed veg, bits of fruit, pretty much I just dumped a bit of whatever we were having on her tray! honestly, at 7 months she was devouring sandwiches, chilli, sushi, curry... anything! and she didn't have a single tooth til she was nearly 1!

That's brilliant Nuke as it saves so much hassle not having to make up all the purees. I'm lucky Odhrán is a great eater and will pretty much eat anything, just hoping baby girl will be the same.

Wyntir - can't believe the cheek of your hubbys work :dohh:

Josie - Amys reflux seemed to get better once we weaned her. Heres hoping Maeve isthe same!

Got my wagethis morning and I'm down to basic maternity pay! Booo!!!

Hopefully Maeve's will get better too Laura. She took her porridge and apple really well this morning as I left it a while after her bottle. It sucks being on basic mat pay doesn't it Laura? I'm taking a year so last 3 months will be unpaid but I wanted to take as long as poss as this will be my last stint of mat leave!

glad she enjoyed it!

I was thinking of taking the year too -9 months isn't enough with the 2 of them. Butseriously wondering now if we can afford 3 months unpaid :(

I hate it when my computer gets the wobbles! 2 days off bnb is too many.

We are heaped with cold too Josie. Mainly me. I've spent pretty much the last two days having horrendous coughing fits, constantly weeing myself :cry:. Man's ok, he's just got a running nose and wakes up smeared with snot.

We also did BLW, started at about 5 1/2 months. I used to give him steamed veg in finger-sized pieces, toast spread with purees (as I'd originally intended to do TW). By seven months he'd chew on big bits of meat, used to give him fingers of steak to chew on. The worst gag he ever had was on an olive, had about 3 of them where he'd ended up being sick everywhere, little scary but I've never had to intervene.
By 11 months he was eating whole apples and now will eat soft nuts like cashews. The amount he eats really varies though, some days he eats a few spoonfuls of each meal and then swipes it everywhere and pushes himself away from the table, other times he basically licks the plate clean.
As long as they are still having milk they don't really need to eat very much at all until they are 1. It's got much more calories in it then all the weaning foods.

Ideally monday for us so Kev and my friend&daughter can come :) I may just book it up whilst I can. Have to shed out another £100 for driving lessons when I'm back from England (we fly tomorrow).

Oh, and I must share this with you guys.

Very sadly one of my (and Courtney's) December Dreamers 2010 lost her little baby at 15 weeks :(, she's a really lovely lady and it had taken a long time to conceive her last baby so we were all so happy she'd fallen pregnant so quickly this time.
Through our facebook group a couple of members organised a collection and more than 20 of us donated and she's been sent a card and a lovely sunflower boquet.
It's made me feel warm and fussy that so many people, who have never met, wanted to show her that they were thinking of her and give a little something to show that.

I just got my freebie book from the voucher in the bounty pack. It's cute. but hurts my eyes :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->