The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Poppy didn't get ANY til she was nearly 1 Loui! She cut her first 2 on the same day then averaged one a week for 3 months!

That's what I'm expecting to happen!!! Fun fun fun!

Was it awful for Poppy getting 2 at once Lindsay?

Odhrán got his first at 9 months but was teething from 3 months. Maeve has also been teething from 3 months too. I heard though that the longer they take to get their teeth the better the teeth? Need lots of caffeine today - both babies slept badly. We gave Maeve sweet potato yesterday and while she loved it she was writhing and straining all night. Maybe it's not good for refluxy babies or it was too late in the day (around 5).

I've never heard of that Josie - but it might be true! Poor wee maeve! Maybe it was just a wee bit too late for her. what timedoes she go to bed at?

I've never heard of that Josie - but it might be true! Poor wee maeve! Maybe it was just a wee bit too late for her. what timedoes she go to bed at?

She's in her cot asleep by about 8 so it was a good while before bed. Just when we thought we were getting somewhere with her sleeping! She only settled in beside us at 12. Did you have any problems weaning Amy with her reflux?

Aww I thought sweet potato would be good to little babies systems? Poor Maeve, and poor Josie. Hope the caffine is making it easier.

Silas teeths in batches. Tooth numbers 3, 4 and 5 came on consequetive days with number 6 appearing also in the same week.

She's in her cot asleep by about 8 so it was a good while before bed. Just when we thought we were getting somewhere with her sleeping! She only settled in beside us at 12. Did you have any problems weaning Amy with her reflux?

We didn't have any major problems, if anything her reflux got a bit better. Doesn't really seem too late if going to bed at 8. I would maybe try her with food at lunchtime instead of dinnertime xx

Yeah Emma I thought sweet potato wouldn't have been a problem. She's just a sensitive little soul! Tea and biscuits are helping!

Yes Laura will stick to morning/lunch feeds for the meantime as she's been fine so far with apple and porridge at that time.

Edit - I should say the tea and biscuits are helping me not Maeve!

not really loui! But i had her amber necklace on her when she showed signs of teething so they never really bothered her!

tbh lauz i was very sceptical, but they really REALLY do! I have a bracelet myself as i have 2 partially erupted wisdom teth which give me jip sometimes and it really helps. Now that can possibly be put down the the placebo effect, but it got to the point wer i wud know before going into poppy's room in the morning if barry had forgotten to put her necklace back on after her bath the night before, she wud be squealing in pain! Then i wud put it on her again and after a few hours she'd be as happy as larry! We don't even take it off fo her bath now, stays on her 24/7! Cannot recommend them enough.

Thanks Mrs! Must consider getting one. Is it too late to put one on Amy now do you think?

Nuke I noticed Poppy's in one of your pics, it's gorgeous. I got Maeve an anklet, she's been wearing it since about 4 months old and we haven't had to use calpol since she got it, still puts her fist in her mouth but I think it does help. I was skeptical at first too. A few days ago I thought I'd get her a necklace to match and noticed that one of the companies, Dino Daisy, has withdrawn the necklaces from sale. Trading standards are investigating their safety due to potential strangulation/choking hazards. They only have the anklets for sale at the minute. I got Maeve's from Amber Pumpkin though, not sure if all companies have had to stop selling the necklaces. Maeve wears her anklet all the time too. I would probably be a bit wary of leaving the necklace on all the time in case somehow LO tampered with it - the anklet is under tights/socks/sleepsuit but lots of people leave the necklaces on all the time and each to their own.

I bought an anklet for Danny too and he's been wearing it since about 2 months when he started showing signs of teething, feels like he's been teething forever with nothing to show for it. I was sceptical at the beginning but thought it couldn't hurt! He's been wearing it so long he doesn't notice it, most of the time it's hidden under his sock though

i don't think it's too late at all lauz! I started wearing mine at age 25! If she's still teething there's no reason why not! Plus they're super cute.

Totally understand josie's point, poppy never bothers with hers though and they are designed to break under pressure and each bead is individually knotted on so if it does break only one comes off. I can understand ppl being wary though. :)

I've been a bit sceptical so far (scientist husband!) but everyone has so many good things to say about the amber necklaces that I'm gonna get one for Matilda.

With Madison I can usually tell she's cutting more teeth when her cheeks are bright red and she gets nappy rash. She'll be grumpy sometimes too but she doesn't usually scream with pain, neither did Alex come to think of it, I think I was quite lucky when he was teething had no trouble at all. Does any of your LO's have teething nappies and get nappy rash? I wonder would the teething amber help her in that way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->